Calypso Land Deeds - Some thought -

In Love With

Elite
Beautiful SerraAngel Angel
Hello all,

practically everyone knows them, been around for more then a decade. Initially 60.000 of them at 1000 Ped each. Now we have 6.000.000 with an average payout of 3-5 pecs per week. At current pricing (roughly 37.50) we have a market capitalization of 225.000.000 ped or 22.500.000 Dollars and with 6.000.000 deeds the payout at 4 pec is a stunning 240.000 Ped weekly.

So, where are all those deeds?

Been here for almost 20 years myself I personally know people that have left the game without selling out, a friend of mine died a few years back with at least 2000+ CLDT+ in her inventory. How many deeds are actually in hands of people that still "live and participate" (either as an active player or as a passive investor)? What happens to the "other" deeds (does MA actually deletes accounts after a certain time, or can you log back in after 10+ years and still have your stuff?)

At 24.000+ dollars weekly payout I am wondering whether there are some major investors out there (500.000+ deeds) or whether a good part of those deeds are idle forever (which would obviously extremely helpful for MA). Considering that there are 6.000.000 deeds in total, the exchange rarely lists 10k+ on some days there are less then 1000 deeds on offers. Just does not seem a lot to be honest ...

Thoughts welcome
ILW

I'm not sure what the exact timeframe is but don't they strip accounts of items after a certain amount of inactivity and then it just has the TT value when people come back? I know when I took some time off for school I was reminded on a couple of occasions to sign in to keep my account active. I don't know how this pertain to deeds though, since there are plenty of idle LAs, estates, deeds, and other things that are tied to accounts that are inactive for a very long time. If this was hurting MA's bottom line I think they would be more diligent about such things being in limbo.

CLDs on inactive accounts are PED sinks especially if the player never returns and maybe they don't want to deal with the headache of someone returning to make a claim on those virtual items. Ahhh the black box that is Entropia lol

Well, just one look at CND ... As far as I know the owner passed away and ever since its idle up there ...

So anyone care to take a guess on how many CLDts are still in active hands? I personally find it fascinating that even if you have to invest about 22.5k Dollar to hold 0,1% of the CLDts ... Those are huge numbers in my book. A 1% Share equates to 225k Dollars. Thats the price of a house in some countries :)

I'm not sure what the exact timeframe is but don't they strip accounts of items after a certain amount of inactivity and then it just has the TT value when people come back?
By EULA they are supposed to do it after 365 days of inactivity but they don't seem to enforce it strictly and, more importantly, I never heard of a case where it would happen to a holder of deeds/shares of any kind, people come back after years long break and still have their stuff intact. I would think those are excluded from any automatic purging.

As for the topic, I think that most of CLDs are now in the hands of whales who don't even play, just withdraw or reinvest their dividends. Even at the very beginning, 40% of the CLDs (25k of 60k original deeds) were bought by a single investor - they later sold some back to MA to use in events but surely kept the most of it. A few years ago I had a conversation on reddit with someone seeking an opinion on buying up to 5k cld, they never played the game but read up on the deeds and believed them to be a conservative enough investment for quite unconservative 6% ROI. I don't know if they followed through with their plan, but there undoubtedly were others like them.

Why to take out? No.
Let there...let on permanent inactive accounts. Why?
Moving to active players over the time they will be able to dont deposit so much. They will but slower. Because a small part of what come back is put again and so on.
The player will have a minor increse of %
But taking 6 milions and do a math.

Do MA take a % on deposit? Yes
Do MA take a % on decay? Yes
Do MA take a % on withdraw? Yes

If the player is not paying a deposit feed, MA lose that amount of money. Of corse that amount of money will be again part of cycle but without a deposit feed.

Back