CalyTrek CR Spirit Mk.II TEN Edition

Lol @ "Tzepu will sell for cheap"

That guy has never priced anything cheap...if anything, he overprices the shit out of everything :)

This is so true I lol'd latterly while reading it. You can put rejman in that category too.

If they own it, its fucking gold. If they don't its recycled plastic and needs a good shining!

Reactions: Mac
So this weapon does a maximum of 67 damage x 58 times a min.

Which means it probably shoots 40 damage most of the time at 58 times per min.

Or even more realistic 40 damage x 45 attacks per min after misses and evades.

And it's selling for over 40K??? Are some of the players we have F***ing insane!!!!

I don't care how good it is compared to anything else.

Any gun that doesn't do 100+ damage per shot is not worth shit, in the current game with ever increasing high HP mobs.

Even if you amp such a gun, its going to cost on amp repairs. You're better off with gun that shoots more damage per shoot, to really get the best from an amp.

Why pay 40K for gun, and stuck at low-mid level mobs? What's the point in that?

I price it at 10K max, but I wouldn't pay 5K....In fact I wouldn't even buy it, guns too small.

Rick

And it's selling for over 40K??? Are some of the players we have F***ing insane!!!!

Any gun that doesn't do 100+ damage per shot is not worth shit, in the current game with ever increasing high HP mobs.

Even if you amp such a gun, its going to cost on amp repairs. You're better off with gun that shoots more damage per shoot, to really get the best from an amp.

I price it at 10K max, but I wouldn't pay 5K....In fact I wouldn't even buy it, guns too small.

Rick

I can sell you a swine deluxe, it does more than 100 dmg / shot , it must be worth a fortune.

Anyway, 65 dps at 2.966 eco is damn impressive.

I can sell you a swine deluxe, it does more than 100 dmg / shot , it must be worth a fortune.

Anyway, 65 dps at 2.966 eco is damn impressive.

That is sweet eco for sure. We seem to be adopting this eco fashion lately even though it's not directly proved you get better returns. Are MA giving us what we think we want, or what they think we want, or is this another attempt at competing with the old school gear to level the playing field.

But all that aside...forget it all that eco. In the current market, is this gun going to pull an ATH to justify a purchase at that price.. I don;t think so.

Why? becasue I think MA are revamping the game completely. They might have got some records with historical prices paid, and still do occasionally. But they are going down the more and more eco route, with less ATH's and more focus on lower costs to play.

Which tells me after all these years, they want more than a 6K player base and want to open up EU to much wider audience. It's so obvious, am I the onlyone that sees it?

I could be very wrong, but based on what "I see" happening, why does the current game justify those prices, where is the mega loot to recoup such purchase prices?

It's even more scary when people keep saying "MA will never do this, Ma will never do that", MA will never complete against an already exisiting uber eco gun.

And here we are debating a new gun which does (as you guys say right now), EXACTLY THAT.

Whats next then the new super faps.

Careful what you invest in folks, players make the prices not MA.

Rick

So this weapon does a maximum of 67 damage x 58 times a min...<snip>

Another comparison for you: when teaming with player who maxes out his imk2 (with a 204), I tend to do equal to more damage with the Spirit MK II TEN + Dante :) That was before I opened up the tier 2 slot as well.

(Its very noticeable when we're hunting the same mission mobs and get about half the kills each.)

At the low level the Spirit requires, with the range, eco and damage output... I think its pretty worth it. :) But hey, Im sure there's plenty of buyers happy to see that you're not keen on jumping in on the market as well!

That is sweet eco for sure. We seem to be adopting this eco fashion lately even though it's not directly proved you get better returns. Are MA giving us what we think we want, or what they think we want, or is this another attempt at competing with the old school gear to level the playing field.

We cant affect what we get in loot, we do however control our cost connected to creating loot events ( killing and looting a mob )

Looting more mobs, should enable us to faster reach a avg and stable return.

Reactions: das
From where you get that strange data?

I licked my finger poked it in the air and came up with a random answer to random set of of likely results, since using the weapon will give you at some point misses, evades, and probably not shoot 100% of its power most of the time even when maxed.

Call it a hunch; Every hunch can be challenged of course. But can you really be bothered to calculate it when I was just generalising.

Rick

I licked my finger poked it in the air and came up with a random answer to random set of of likely results, since using the weapon will give you at some point misses, evades, and probably not shoot 100% of its power most of the time even when maxed.

Call it a hunch; Every hunch can be challenged of course. But can you really be bothered to calculate it when I was just generalising.

Rick

You don't even need to calculate it. 30seconds visit to the entropiawiki.com site and you got all the info you need. It's even accurate ^^

And to answers some posts above, if you think people that play for profit calculates in a ATH to do it you are way off. There are people that does this but those are not the ones succeeding (in 99.999% of the cases) :)

You don't even need to calculate it. 30seconds visit to the entropiawiki.com site and you got all the info you need. It's even accurate ^^

And to answers some posts above, if you think people that play for profit calculates in a ATH to do it you are way off. There are people that does this but those are not the ones succeeding (in 99.999% of the cases) :)

Entropedia provides an indication, however a gun will output a different result on every series of shoots, it's all variable. So does it really matter, who cares anyway.

minim, you've said it yourself, the profit is not in the gun, it's in the resale with MU.

So the person that loots the gun and sells has had the cherry, or the ones that spot a potential opportunity to buy and sell higher had a slice of the cherry. I think a person that buys at 40K+ carries the risk and is unlikely to seek a price higher should they want to sell later. Pretty common sense if they paid at the higher end of estimates (you know that, I know that, and so does anyone with a brain).

If you paid 40K and are not looking for an ATH, and just playing on the hope to make a few ped a day (if lucky), then that person needs a good spanking for shelling out that sort of cash. Then again "one born every minute" springs to mind.

We are not going to start fighting again are we, we were getting on so well lately :D

Rick

Entropedia provides an indication, however a gun will output a different result on every series of shoots, it's all variable. So does it really matter, who cares anyway.

minim, you've said it yourself, the profit is not in the gun, it's in the resale with MU.

So the person that loots the gun and sells has had the cherry, or the ones that spot a potential opportunity to buy and sell higher had a slice of the cherry. I think a person that buys at 40K+ carries the risk and is unlikely to seek a price higher should they want to sell later. Pretty common sense if they paid at the higher end of estimates (you know that, I know that, and so does anyone with a brain).

If you paid 40K and are not looking for an ATH, and just playing on the hope to make a few ped a day (if lucky), then that person needs a good spanking for shelling out that sort of cash. Then again "one born every minute" springs to mind.

We are not going to start fighting again are we, we were getting on so well lately :D

Rick

True, measured over few shots. But install a tracker like entropiatracker client that measure your dps and you will see that long therm it's pretty spot on (over a amp for example) so it's a pretty good indicator to what kinda dps you can be expecting. A lot better than the method of licking your finger and sticking it in the air :)

Could be, but I know that there was one of these that went for 55k the last days and one at 43k after 2 minutes with higher bids coming in right after that so I'd say that for now the person getting it for 40k did pretty good. Anyways, turning over 2-5k ped/day I save loads of markup with having a UL gun. If I take the markup saved into account and that I can prolly sell it without a big loss I will save peds from day 1 owning it.

I won't do the math on how much markup is saved by having a no-markup, really eco gun with this kind of dps maxed at lvl 40 as I'm not in the position on owning one. But I'm however sure that only in markup savings if you have a big turnover will make this gun pay back in a short while. If you are looking to buy it and cycle 3-500ped/day then rethink, forget it and use those 40k investing in something else that will give bigger payoff.

lol.

True, measured over few shots. But install a tracker like entropiatracker client that measure your dps and you will see that long therm it's pretty spot on (over a amp for example) so it's a pretty good indicator to what kinda dps you can be expecting. A lot better than the method of licking your finger and sticking it in the air :)

lol.

Before I rush off for my train, I will simply say.

I've never know a women to pull out a ruler to measure a tool before she got to feel its potential, she simply looks, her eyes light up and she smiles at what might be coming her way.

We are all pretty good at licking our finger most of the time.

LOL...I gotta go.

Rick

You do not "miss" with SIB weapons that you have maxed, anymore. The mob will still "evade" on occasion, but you never miss.

Rick

You do not "miss" with SIB weapons that you have maxed, anymore. The mob will still "evade" on occasion, but you never miss.

Rick and his hunches lol; lucky he wasn't a cop, though maybe it would have made a good TV show with his "cant be bothered to calculate" hunches.

Rick

So anything below this is worth tt value, right? The fact that you don't want to buy anything for more than tt+1 doesn't make the right way to do it.

But all that aside...forget it all that eco. In the current market, is this gun going to pull an ATH to justify a purchase at that price.. I don;t think so.

Why? becasue I think MA are revamping the game completely. They might have got some records with historical prices paid, and still do occasionally. But they are going down the more and more eco route, with less ATH's and more focus on lower costs to play.

so does eco matter or do we need aths im confused rick?
i have sat by and said nothing as you spouted all this nonsense about pricing all over the forum. you price these things as toys, and say they are not investments, of course they are not investments, but some of us use them as tools, how do you calculate the worth of a tool, someone who drills 1-2 holes in his walls every month does not need a top of the line cordless drill, someone who uses it "all day" has a different view on the economics of a tool than someone who does not.
tools depreciate in value, you chose a reasonable time from for this depreciation, calculate how much you save, and then you come to a fair value, any resale value the item has at the end of its useful life to you is a bonus.

people who buy/use in game UL items as tools are not using them only because they hope for a ath, they are not dreamers?
they are using them because they save them money.
this gun does 65 average DPS, yes average (with dante), with a dpp of 2.966, your "it does not do 100 damage" is nonsense, try getting more than 60 DPS with L at a higher dpp than 2.8, you talk of aths, but anyone hunting enough to justify a gun like this is getting a decent hof in savings, every week they use it.

I am biased of course since I own one, but I think I can still give some insight to the ones who are confused why so many people seem to be willing to pay top dollar for this weapon.

The reason this weapon is valued highly is because it performs incredibly for its skill level. The eco is very good as well, but even if we put that aside completely there is just no better UL gun other than the terminator in its skill range. Since there are a lot of players out there between level 35-50, the (L) guns in this skill range carry a hefty markup. Even the players that ignore eco altogether usually believe that excessive markup is a money pit that should be avoided if possible, and I agree.

Let's do some numbers then shall we :)
The following is a list of similar dps weapons that aren't too far away from the skill req of the Spirit mk.II TEN, and the amount of peds that you spend in markup for an hour of shooting. As you can see, if you want range you will have to pay for it dearly in markup.

Isis Zero-Four 20ped/hour
Svempa x1 20ped/hour
Isis Zero-Five 30ped/hour
Spirit mk.III 40ped/hour
AL26 65ped/hour

If you hunt for a few hours per day and/or plan on reaching a high level in hunting you will eventually spend more money in markup than the cost to buy a decent UL SIB. Skilling from level 35-75 where you can start getting some cheaper (L) guns requires quite a bit of peds cycled, and I don't think the high level (L) guns will stay low markup forever.

To RickEngland, you want 100+ dmg unamped? Well you're looking at a lot higher level weapons than this and I understand your disinterest :)

I am biased of course since I own one, but I think I can still give some insight to the ones who are confused why so many people seem to be willing to pay top dollar for this weapon.

The reason this weapon is valued highly is because it performs incredibly for its skill level. The eco is very good as well, but even if we put that aside completely there is just no better UL gun other than the terminator in its skill range. Since there are a lot of players out there between level 35-50, the (L) guns in this skill range carry a hefty markup. Even the players that ignore eco altogether usually believe that excessive markup is a money pit that should be avoided if possible, and I agree.

Let's do some numbers then shall we :)
The following is a list of similar dps weapons that aren't too far away from the skill req of the Spirit mk.II TEN, and the amount of peds that you spend in markup for an hour of shooting. As you can see, if you want range you will have to pay for it dearly in markup.

Isis Zero-Four 20ped/hour
Svempa x1 20ped/hour
Isis Zero-Five 30ped/hour
Spirit mk.III 40ped/hour
AL26 65ped/hour

If you hunt for a few hours per day and/or plan on reaching a high level in hunting you will eventually spend more money in markup than the cost to buy a decent UL SIB. Skilling from level 35-75 where you can start getting some cheaper (L) guns requires quite a bit of peds cycled, and I don't think the high level (L) guns will stay low markup forever.

To RickEngland, you want 100+ dmg unamped? Well you're looking at a lot higher level weapons than this and I understand your disinterest :)

A funny thing is that comparing to the spirit MK.III it will only take around 12-1300 hours of play to pay the gun back FULLY (not counting what you get back when you sell it). For many of the people with high turnover that's half year to a year of playing to earn back the investment :)

Guys...LOL.

I do have to laugh at times. You know if we was all in pub debating the good and bad of these guns, I’m sure we would have a really good laugh and a great evening together.

My view is simply this, I have 300K skills, 200 HP, and 299K of tracker globals over 8 years-ish.

I’ve NEVER looted an unlimited game items with any value (except the 1 x CLD token), never ATH’d, or hit a Loot of 5 digits+

So this is why I value everything low, because the game has never given me a reason to want pay more, and I don’t believe it will pay out.

It’s is as simple as that from me.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy to shoot away, but if the game doesn’t give you a leg-up to acquire something cool, then why the hell in my position would you want to price any weapon over 30K or 40K?

Understand

Laughing to myself...have a nice day.

Rick.

My view is simply this, I have 300K skills, 200 HP, and 299K of tracker globals over 8 years-ish.

I’ve NEVER looted an unlimited game items with any value (except the 1 x CLD token), never ATH’d, or hit a Loot of 5 digits+

So this is why I value everything low, because the game has never given me a reason to want pay more, and I don’t believe it will pay out.

you are the only one talking about aths, nobody here believes these guns will get you aths, everyone is talking about how you can control your costs with UL sib guns, because that is all you can do, find ways to spend less.
what is more realistic, knowing you can save a ath in costs, or hoping to win one?

Ehm ... my chat log disagrees, we now have both ...

2013-04-13 22:10:22 [Local] [] You missed.
2013-04-13 22:11:20 [Local] [] Target evaded attack.

(using a maxed L gun..)

you are the only one talking about aths, nobody here believes these guns will get you aths, everyone is talking about how you can control your costs with UL sib guns, because that is all you can do, find ways to spend less.
what is more realistic, knowing you can save a ath in costs, or hoping to win one?

So you're saying you want to invest big in a racing car, but you don't want to win the championship, your main interest is to make sure your fuel costs will be lower than your competitors by the end of the race?

If that is the state of mind the player base has got to, then it is a sad day indeed.

You pay 40K for a gun, to clean up in the field and hit massive loots. If that is not your intention, then you're wasting your time investing in the first place.

You dont pay 40K to live on scraps, year in year out.

I'm sorry guys, it appears we have differnt agendas. I didn't join EU to watch each and every tiny pec, I joined to hit the big time, and 8 years later despite all the effort, I'm still waiting. So no investments over 5K from me.

That is my take on EU as it stands right now.

Rick

Guys...LOL.

I do have to laugh at times. You know if we was all in pub debating the good and bad of these guns, I’m sure we would have a really good laugh and a great evening together.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy to shoot away, but if the game doesn’t give you a leg-up to acquire something cool, then why the hell in my position would you want to price any weapon over 30K or 40K?

Understand

Rick.

I see what the issue is here.

What you're giving is an estimate of your individual value on this gun. ie what you'd be prepared to pay for it.

Market value is scientifically, usually defined as "the sum of all individual values, divided by the number of individual". Or in other words, if you put this gun on the market an unlimited number of times, then the market value is the average value you'd sell it for. Or in other words again: the most probable value if sold on the open market.

Since this is a price check thread, I believe it is implied that it is the market value we're looking for here. :wise:

I meant very recently.

I have a melee sword that I have maxed.....and thru almost 60k Rex, I have not missed once. I compare this to the mod merc I had, where I had misses.

Is your chat log reflecting the same thing, but more recently?

(using a maxed L gun..)

You don't buy an expensive gun to hit an ATH, Rick. You buy an expensive gun so that your average hunting costs are lower.

So you're saying you want to invest big in a racing car, but you don't want to win the championship, your main interest is to make sure your fuel costs will be lower than your competitors by the end of the race?

If that is the state of mind the player base has got to, then it is a sad day indeed.

You pay 40K for a gun, to clean up in the field and hit massive loots. If that is not your intention, then you're wasting your time investing in the first place.

You dont pay 40K to live on scraps, year in year out.

I'm sorry guys, it appears we have differnt agendas. I didn't join EU to watch each and every tiny pec, I joined to hit the big time, and 8 years later despite all the effort, I'm still waiting. So no investments over 5K from me.

That is my take on EU as it stands right now.

Rick

(using a maxed L gun..)

I only get misses when im still in sib for weapon or weapon is old school non sib. Every weapon that says sib no, I have zero misses, only evades.

Since this is a price check thread, I believe it is implied that it is the market value we're looking for here. :wise:

Exactly; You value a weapon, on what you believe 'personally it is worth to you as an individual in the game. I have no interest invaluing it for another player. If you believe (even if wrongly) that weapon is not going to return you an investment, you will value it on that basis.

You don't buy an expensive gun to hit an ATH, Rick. You buy an expensive gun so that your average hunting costs are lower.

Mate, as much as love you as a person, and the fact you come across as the "American, cigar smoking, super gambler" you're not the sort of guy i expect to buy a gun that anit gonna crack open the treasure box.

Comes on guys.....we still want to invest big, but don't want massive loots to back up that purchase.

I can see MA sractching their heads right now, calling us all "suckers".

Rick

Guys...LOL.

Understand

Rick.

So it's our fault that you are not awake enough to get these items? It's not rocket science to figure out how to do it either :) You can in fact see it on the ppl selling these items that they often do it more than once :)

I'm not chasing an ATH dude.

I'm just stupid and like to spend money playing with virtual toys.

AND I don't even make enough money to justify this behavior lol

Exactly; You value a weapon, on what you believe 'personally it is worth to you as an individual in the game. I have no interest invaluing it for another player. If you believe (even if wrongly) that weapon is not going to return you an investment, you will value it on that basis.

Mate, as much as love you as a person, and the fact you come across as the "American, cigar smoking, super gambler" you're not the sort of guy i expect to buy a gun that anit gonna crack open the treasure box.

Comes on guys.....we still want to invest big, but don't want massive loots to back up that purchase.

I can see MA sractching their heads right now, calling us all "suckers".

Rick

But thanks for the stereotypical representation of an American. I'm dying here! :) :)

Back