Can Gungnir shoot Slep out of the sky over pvp?

Mack

Old Alpha
Society
Dark Knights - Squires
Armak Mack Zardacon
Searched but can't find the answer and won't spring for the MU on Gungnir yet...any know this answer 100%?

Can a Gungnir gunship shoot and damage VTOL when both are flying over PvP zones?

If yes, are there any altitude restrictions? Fly high enough and you are safe?

Thanks, Mack

Flying vehicles dissapear from vision at 300? mtrs so not being able to see a vtol with the naked eye and not being able to see it on radar I would say no......

I was flying over a PVP zone yesterday cant remember height but u Can fly over pvp an still have radar u need to "drop" into the zone to lose radar

Under the perfect circumstances yes, but in general no it cant.

The Sleip unlike the helicopter accelerates much faster. The helicopter carries allot of momentum with every turn (drift) which does nothing to help it decrease the distance between it and the sleip. On board rockets could work, but are extremely difficult to fix on a moving target due to the drift created whilst trying to get a strike line. On the helicopter the only gun which could handle the distance is a side mount which cannot be used to fire at your target whilst trying to close the distance on a top speed fleeing Sleip. The cockpit gun is pretty useless over distance as you cannot scope it to get a fix on a otherwise invisible target.

In addition to all of the above, the helicopter is extremely easy to shoot down due to its slow acceleration in any direction.

Base on my extensive use of the helicopter in lootable and other pvp zones, i would not recommend it as a PVP vehicle at all. Although it decays extremely slowly, it gets shot down almost as easily as a stationary Sleip MK1. The Gungnir is at best a excellent air bus best used to transport persons to locations over rough terrain. As a combat vehicle i give the Gungnir a rating of 3/10.

This is about as much fun as you can have with a Gungnir, but youd better hope no one shoots at it. Here is Daisy on a test run at the oil rig. Enjoy and mind the lyrics ;) Dont be fooled, it looks allot easier than it actually is to handle in the vid :).

Last edited:
Played with the chopper myself but the drifting of the chopper and the faster repsonse on the sleip, will make the sleip way better

But the chopper has a third gun slot so a smart pilot would turn the chopper so the third gunner can fire also, but if that will safe it ?

Oh daisy did you practice dual pker with the guns ??? I only saw rockets

Last edited:
Played with the chopper myself but the drifting of the chopper and the faster repsonse on the sleip, will make the sleip way better

But the chopper has a third gun slot so a smart pilot would turn the chopper so the third gunner can fire also, but if that will safe it ?

Oh daisy did you practice dual pker with the guns ??? I only saw rockets

Yes.

In air to air combat the sleip has the advantage of quick maneuverability in all directions including up and down movement for evade and attack positioning. The gungnir has more fire power but positioning is a slow process very much dependent on prediction and mistakes by the sleip pilot more so that positioning by the gugnir pilot. But yea, in the video i make it look much easier than it actually is even on just ground assaults (even though i do still collide with obstacles)

Again this assessment is based on extensive pvp use.

Last edited:
Was actually just testing that very same question with a soc mate a few days ago

The helicopter makes a good ambush vehicle. If you can catch a VTOL by surprise it will be out of the sky in a flash. If it comes down to a dog fight then your screwed

Hmm interesting that the hp bars of other players doesn't go away when the other players are out of radar range. You using the vehicle guest list interface to bypass the radar jamming daisy ?

Last edited:
The chopper is good to quickly drop a lot of avas at the same time in a fight zone (land grab maybe).

Just change from pilot seat to another seat and let it drop to the ground at top speed , then all the avas exit the choper when it crashes. SURPRISE :yay: :sniper::rocket:

I agree with most of what has been said, but keep in mind the copter can go higher than the VTOL. This is a not insignificant advantage.

Sam :wise:

I agree with most of what has been said, but keep in mind the copter can go higher than the VTOL. This is a not insignificant advantage.

Realy? Interesting, I just assumed that the max altitude of the VTOL was just a general max altitude of things in EU. Appernetly I was wrong. Any one know if different MK of VTOL have different max height?

Yet more hidden data about things in EU... why am I not surpriced :D

Sam is correct on this one...The Chopper has a higher max height range and is a significant advantage over the more manuveralble and easier to handle Sleipnir in Air to Air combat. (but I can still hit one above me with a Sleipnir...:p):yup::yup::yup:

Sam is correct on this one...The Chopper has a higher max height range and is a significant advantage over the more manuveralble and easier to handle Sleipnir in Air to Air combat. (but I can still hit one above me with a Sleipnir...:p):yup::yup::yup:

Althou atleast in pvp3, it stopps being pvp at around 600 meters.

VTOL and pvp3

Test was done just after the VTOL was intruduced, so it might have changed.

Back