Can we have a Pet Sound Volume Controller

Hello!
We've figured out what's causing the volume issue with some of our pets.

We're on a mission to make their sounds less loud and frequent, so you won't have to worry about that anymore. While we don't have an exact date yet, we're crossing our fingers to get it done sometime this year.
Thanks for hanging in there with us. We're working hard to make your pet experience even better :beerchug:

Much more time has passed.

Just give us the option to turn it off. There is no "volume issue", there is the "pet sound issue".

I really don't know why that's so impossible.

@My|MindArk @Ludvig|MindArk

We really need a volume slider for weapons too. Hunting with the Xent 3 has to be the most annoying gun in the game. Hell, I would even take a silencer attachment for guns that only decays when removed or attached.

This would be great. This week my actual cat got annoyed because of a cat ingame, so had to mute all sounds.

So whats most annoying pet ?

This game has sound?

Update regarding the pet sounds: Although we have located the problem, it will take longer to implement any changes. As I understand it, the change needed is only possible to do at a later time due to the pet in question belonging to a Planet Partner. However, we are still aware that this wish is significant within the community, and I am pushing to fix this as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience of listening to the loud beast volumes you hear!

I have absolutely no clue how this game is done in CE2 but like, this has got to be "google-able" no? A slider may be not so easy, but mute all pets option? this has got to have a super spaghetti code style solution that can be implemented since UE is right around the corner anyway? Do we have any real coders/CE2 guys who can shed some light on how complicated this sorta thing is in detail? Now im kinda curious.

Update regarding the pet sounds: Although we have located the problem, it will take longer to implement any changes. As I understand it, the change needed is only possible to do at a later time due to the pet in question belonging to a Planet Partner. However, we are still aware that this wish is significant within the community, and I am pushing to fix this as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience of listening to the loud beast volumes you hear!
Is there anything that can be done with gun sounds too? The Xent tech series is terrible in this regard.

There has to be OOP, so obvious pseudo-code would be:
Code:
function Entity::playRoarSound() {
  if (options.mutePets() && (this instanceof Pet)) {
    return;
  }
  roarSound.play();
}

Commit. Push. Deploy.

Fixed.

Back