Can we please get an answer re Robot part exchange?

Society
Entropy
Sunsout Tacotuesday Gunsout
If there is an official answer, I cant find it. But we have been waiting 2 days for someone to show up and exchange the armor sets for the exceptional parts we have acquired. We did our part of the bargain. What is going on?

Hear hear!!

Hello, unfortunatly I have run out of armor (again) :(. I will be getting more during the coming week and can exchange robot parts any time I'm online so feel free to add "Xenobiologist Charles Marvin" to FL.

I apologize for the inconvenience and everyone will get their items as soon as possible.

Hello, unfortunatly I have run out of armor (again) :(. I will be getting more during the coming week and can exchange robot parts any time I'm online so feel free to add "Xenobiologist Charles Marvin" to FL.

I apologize for the inconvenience and everyone will get their items as soon as possible.

Ok cool...thank you for update.

Edit: And if y'all run out of the Limited Eon sets, I guess I would accept the unlimited version :)

Last edited:

Hi Charlie,

thanks for the answer. just to clarify it would still be possible to keep the parts for the next robot event in order to collect more parts to THEN exchange them for goodies?

Regards
Angel

Hi Charlie,

thanks for the answer. just to clarify it would still be possible to keep the parts for the next robot event in order to collect more parts to THEN exchange them for goodies?

Regards
Angel

I guess you can if you want to but theres no guarantee that the prizes will be the same next time, and to be honest I have learned my lesson about multiple reward choices and armors in particular (M,F) It's hard to predict what people will want and in what quantities etc. So leaning towards L weapons instead of armor next time :).

I guess you can if you want to but theres no guarantee that the prizes will be the same next time, and to be honest I have learned my lesson about multiple reward choices and armors in particular (M,F) It's hard to predict what people will want and in what quantities etc. So leaning towards L weapons instead of armor next time :).

Hi Charlie,

thanks for the answer. I just didn't collect enough components this time but am reluctant to sell them. As long as you do indeed offer some rewards you keep me as a happy customer (although that EON (L) set would be awesome).

Angel

I just want to say thank you to Charlie for being so flexible with the exchanges! He accepts the friend request promptly and you can't miss him in the black Raven armour and Storm coat!

Cheers
Bjorn

Instead of manually handling out armor sets, why not having a special "Event Prize NPC" who handles out rewards against items.

When you get to the NPC, you first get a list of events with pending prizes. Then you choose the event, and get a list of options. Once you've chosen an option in the prices, the NPC asks to submit a list of required items, and when you've filled the list of required items you get the reward back in a loot window. For armors (and possibly clothes) you have two options one of each.

If the point is to have interaction with the players, instead you hand out a "bill of materials" against a reward. That bill is "given" to a Storage Manager who process the bill of materials, possibly asking for F or M (or some other option) and you get the items on the list in a loot window (generated automatically).

Those kinds of NPCs, either a general reward NPC or a Storage Manager could also handle the exchange of things like CLD token for a CLD deed.

To be fun for other players others than those who have won an event, there could be other uses aswell; the adj pixie set could be handed out as a "bill of material" instead of in a loot window and somehow also somethign that all players could get (trying to figure something out here lol), maybe pay the mining NPC in PA 10 ped, then you get a bill of material for a set of basic mining stuff (finder, excavator, refiner, probes for the rest) and you get it all in one package. Or a 5 ped with Kiwio MKII(L)+ammo - that "hunting backage deed" could then be given to someone else and check out the materials. (For it to be useful for beginners, the material dude should be conveniently located, for instance near docks in port atlantis.)

The main advantage will "bill of material" approach would be that an official rep wouldn't have to carry hundreds of armor parts but rather a pile of deeds. Then it has to be checked, so not wrong deed is handled out by mistake (as all deeds looks the same) (having seen the thread about the guy who sold his privateer instead of a CLD). Maybe the MA rep should have some kind of tool to automatically select the kind of deed is matching the content in the trade window.

Yes, well, just do as Aia suggest - after all, you now have NPC-s that can do items to items trades (eben if these mean setting up a pseudo-mission for the duration), then surely you could make a NPC that instead of asking for "xxxx tokoens" when a purchase choice is presented checks for 250 exceptional lenses and 120 hyper chargers?

How do they run out of armour? cant they just click the "make a set of>insert armour name< here button:confused:

How do they run out of armour? cant they just click the "make a set of>insert armour name< here button:confused:

They probably have to chisel a bunch of marble plates in triplicate to get a release of the items, so that these powers don't get abused.

I would imagine that adding items into the game is a much more complex processes than this, that needs to be approved by multiple people and takes time to add to the system because of all the safeguards.

Back