Cancelling gold card security.

Daltor

Provider
Society
Freelancer
Tarrak Tar Daltor
Background:

I hit a ~1200 PED crude oil and now I can't log in to extract it.

The reason why I can't log in is because my gold card or reader is somehow broken.

Yes, I have changed the batteries and removed the oxidation from the card and reader. Still get error 72.

I have been in contact with the support and they basically tell me to send in my gold card + reader and that I should buy a new one.

Well see, that will take a couple of days and by then the oil will have seeped back into the loot pool.

My question is. If I decide to cancel my gold card security system do I have to send MA a physical copy of the copied passport or can I just mail them the scanned picture?

If I have to use physical mail I will surely lose my oil so I might as well not bother with that and just buy a new gold card.

Feeling a tad frustrated here, but hey, it's only money. Right?

/Daltor

Update.

This issue is now resolved!

A big thanks goes out to the support team who dealt with the matter in a matter of hours.

Last edited:
Iirc the standart way to take out the GC actually needs an active GC? No? Hmm not sure... just remembered that something about that worried me when I got my GC looong time ago. Well I guess my GC won´t make it too much longer from the looks of it...
So do we have to send the broken one BACK to sweden at our own cost/risk ?!?
That would be quite crazy. :eyecrazy:

Daltor I feel your pain. I missed playing pretty much the entire month of december (AND the mayhem event) due to noob club bug and gold card issues (no details were given to me on what actual malfunction was with the GC just that there was an issue with it and I got worst of it). My suggestion is pm hanne on here. Nothing was done to resolve my issues till she got word of it. Really sad that support doesnt ACTUALLY handle support without a prompt from her but then ends justify the means and hopefull you can dig your claim up.

Hey mate, I did it before when my reader broke by scanning the required docs and adding the files to my support case.

Not sure if they'll still do that.

Doesn't hurt to ask. :)

Hey mate, I did it before when my reader broke by scanning the required docs and adding the files to my support case.

I did this as well earlier last year. You can just scan a driver's license or something of that nature, attach to support case and ask them to disable the gold card for the time being. Then just send your reader back to them and they will replace it and have them set the gold card into action again when you get it.

I am very certain MA will compensate you no problem. Don't sweat it.

I just scanned in my passport and attached it to the support case, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Needless to say I won't be getting much sleep tonite if this issue isn't resolved soonish.

It's just the timing of it all... If I hadn't hit something big I would probably have rejoiced in the fact that I could tend to RL matters.

Background:

I hit a ~1200 PED crude oil and now I can't log in to extract it.

The reason why I can't log in is because my gold card or reader is somehow broken.

Yes, I have changed the batteries and removed the oxidation from the card and reader. Still get error 72.

I have been in contact with the support and they basically tell me to send in my gold card + reader and that I should buy a new one.

Given that you are in contact with support, do kindly ask them to extract the oil and put into your storage as they know you cannot get in game to extract it.

Given that you are in contact with support, do kindly ask them to extract the oil and put into your storage as they know you cannot get in game to extract it.
I would go with this comment. I've also heard they can do this, they just don't offer it to ppl :rolleyes:.

I'd just like to thank the support for a swift resolution. Didn't know they worked all hours...

I am currently in the game and wasting PED's as usual!:wtg:

I'd just like to thank the support for a swift resolution. Didn't know they worked all hours...

wow nice see support comes through. Just give them a chance.

Maybe update your original post to reflect that it's kind of a good story and lesson for others.

Gratz to you and kudos to support. :wtg:

I am currently in the game and wasting PED's as usual

It made me smile :)

Last edited:

Glad it worked out mate :) Enjoy your Uber by the way.....and get that gc replaced asap. :)

Back