Question: Career advice wanted, what would you do with this budget

SuperKanjo

Elite
Society
Kaos
Janko SuperKanjo vd Haak
Hi all,

lately i have been thinking quite a lot about how to continue my EU career, have been trying various things trying to get a feel for what the game can offer. I want to hear suggestions/advice how you would approach the game if you were in this position.

Bit about myself:
15 years old (EU years that is)
Laser Sniper/Pistoleer around lvl 56'ish
Total skills 200K/190HP
I prefer the somewhat faster weapons like laser pistol

I have like 20K ped available and willing to fill up like 100 euro a month.

Ofcourse i could buy deeds and hunt for like forever punies, but thats will bore me out. On the other hand i don't have the need (yet) to hunt the biggest mob ingame, because i don't have the bankroll for that. What would you do with this budget, considering there is no equipment at this moment (apart from Viceroy).

cyclops depths is a good spot to farm, you need a gun thats around 50-70 dps would work great. and you can get some pretty cheap UL guns that will give you in the 65% eff range. for 3-6k ped. that would leave you with around 15k ped to cycle with. also warrior/ trooper gen 1 robots are good, but you'll need robot armor.
viceroy with b5 plates should be perfectly fine down there as well.

Thank you @onlygodplays will take in consideration

Maybe i need to clarify a bit, i am not looking for advice on what to hunt or asking for all the secrets.

What i want opinion on is how would you go on with this budget, for example would you spend 5k on adj. regen chip and another 5k on weapon and then use the other 10k to cycle. Or would you invest in some good ring, and go L with weapon and cycle. What cost per kill mob would you do with this budget? Stick to smaller mobs, but get more kills for the cycle, or bigger mobs?

Sell everything you have in storage, clear ALL the ped and get the BEST possible weapon you can afford, ideally a 2.0 gun. Then you can take a break then come back and smash it. Grab some reload, but not before you get a good gun.
Good luck!

Last edited:
Sell everything you have in storage, clear ALL the ped and get the possible weapon you can afford, ideally a 2.0 gun. Then you can take a break then come back and smash it. Grab some reload, but not before you get a good gun.
Good luck!
And then resell it for double of what you paid

Sell everything you have in storage, clear ALL the ped and get the BEST possible weapon you can afford, ideally a 2.0 gun. Then you can take a break then come back and smash it. Grab some reload, but not before you get a good gun.
Good luck!

Thank you, that's like where i am right now, sold most i have, gathering all the peds i can and making a plan and start from there.

And then resell it for double of what you paid

I want to pew pew, not here for reselling

i got same stats as yours
laser pistol i would suggest the only affordable one... EWE41 mil adj and a i105 amp... 3200+1800=5000 ped
15.000 left for the ammos, a simple gremlin or shogun with 5b or 5a(chepaer repair) and you can bascially kill all under L25
GL

If you follow eve's advice, (I would If I was you) a bp-20 fen is a good gun in that 20k price range. its a small gun, with around 30dps gives 83.2% eff and 3.3dpp. you will be a "baby hunter" but some of these smaller mobs have some good mu.
im not sure the price tag on them, but they will work for anything with 300-600 hp pretty good.

youll get in the range of 95-97% tt returns on average with that gun, id assume just from seeing other peoples sheets on 100k cycled with similar guns.

Last edited:
It sounds like you want to do laser pistol hunting at a pace that keeps you entertained.

Questions that may help determining best option(s):
  • Are you hunting for MU only, or for funsies, with profit as side bonus?
  • Can you camp the same mob for months?
  • If not, how frequently do you get bored and need to change?
  • Do you have a specific planet you prefer, or are you totally open?
  • Are you space travel-capable, or do you use transport services?
  • Are following missions important, or just if they match your current action?
  • Are you focusing on hunting only, or do you like to mix in mining and/or crafting?
  • Do you prefer hunting mobs that are dead easy, or something that might kill you too often if you aren't careful?
Answering those should help us (and you) better see a good goal.

With the stats you gave, I expect your evade/dodge is around the 35-40 range, so certain bigger mobs will require more armor/healing, but w/ today's armor/heal "return rate" that's less of a bother.

i got same stats as yours
laser pistol i would suggest the only affordable one... EWE41 mil adj and a i105 amp... 3200+1800=5000 ped
15.000 left for the ammos, a simple gremlin or shogun with 5b or 5a(chepaer repair) and you can bascially kill all under L25
GL

Thank you for the reaction, i heard a lot of positive things about the adj. EP-41. Will take that in consideration, the normal EP-41 used to be my main weapon for a long time somewhere back in 2006/2007, loved it.

If you follow eve's advice, (I would If I was you) a bp-20 fen is a good gun in that 20k price range. its a small gun, with around 30dps gives 83.2% eff and 3.3dpp. you will be a "baby hunter" but some of these smaller mobs have some good mu.
im not sure the price tag on them, but they will work for anything with 300-600 hp pretty good.

youll get in the range of 95-97% tt returns on average with that gun, id assume just from seeing other peoples sheets on 100k cycled with similar guns.

Thank you. I know the BP-20 FEN, had one for a while last year, but real life took over and could justify to have "so much" value in a gun that would be unused. Sold it for way less then todays value, liked the gun though.

It sounds like you want to do laser pistol hunting at a pace that keeps you entertained.

Questions that may help determining best option(s):
  • Are you focusing on hunting only, or do you like to mix in mining and/or crafting?
  • Do you prefer hunting mobs that are dead easy, or something that might kill you too often if you aren't careful?
Answering those should help us (and you) better see a good goal.

With the stats you gave, I expect your evade/dodge is around the 35-40 range, so certain bigger mobs will require more armor/healing, but w/ today's armor/heal "return rate" that's less of a bother.

Thank you for the response, and for the questions, they got me thinking a bit :)

To respond to the questions:
    • For fun, but want to stretch my peds as long as possible, and while doing that "grow" my avatar in both equipment and skills
    • I used to back in the day, lately not really
    • like after 2 weeks, but thats because i run around without a plan, without a real goal
    • Totally open, love the variation of the different planets
    • Yes and yes, most of the time the trip to another planet myself and back to Caly when i have loot i use Mothership
    • The last, never had missions as my main focus.
    • Mining once in a while, but get bored very soon. Crafting i don't really get enjoyment from that
    • I tend to go for mobs that have a good, dense spawn and don't need me to heal often. I'm a lazy hunter

I just re-unlocked avoidance yesterday, my skills are a bit out of sync because i have chipped out a lot in the past.

[EWE EP-41 Military, Adjusted] willl be aavailable for rent for small ped as of next week if u want to give gun a go let me know :)! I have tier 7!
i use it with 106 amp

Thank you for the response, and for the questions, they got me thinking a bit :)
That's what I was hoping for :)

Personal recommendations, based on your replies:
  • Pick a planet you wanna spend some time on
  • Find 3-4 mobs in your hunting range (this is good time to explore and test, but don't waste your money too much)
  • Make sure at least 1 of them has good MU, to help out
  • Camp one until you hit your boredom barrier, then switch. As you know, staying w/ one mob make stackables easier to sell (grow bigger, faster and less stacks to deal with) but once you get too bored, don't force it
  • Check the local missions. If they match, grab them for the extra bonus while you do your thing
  • Since you only have $20k (likely less after getting UL gear) try to do as much commerce as possible on planet. Traveling back & forth every $5-10k just to sell things will eat into your margin quickly. (but f things don't sell, or take all week, you may not have a choice for some items)
  • Once you start to feel overall bored with that planet, (after a few months, I'd guess) sell/TT all possible loot to max pedcard, move to the next planet. Rinse. Repeat.
Factoring in planet updates, etc., that pattern should keep you entertained and happy for the next 3-5 years.

I'll let others advise on specific weapons/gear. They got more experience on that then I do. (Been using daily mission CDF weapons for past ~5+years)

There"s no shame being an occasional hunter after 15 years.

Some self honesty is good too; if it took you 15 years to get to level 56, at that rate it might take you another 15 years to get to level 80. Who knows what the game might look like then.

Personally i think expensive unlimited weapons are for those prepared to commit heavily in both time and money. That's not you, is it, otherwise you're already be level 80+

I know players running FEN who already commit more of a monthly budget that you're suggesting. To justifying buying it in the first place.

Personally I believe since loot 2, "Everyone pays", where cost is focused on active time, more than your weapon. In other words a player running 20 hours a week with top gun, will pay more than a players running 10 hours a week with less efficient weapon.

So why don't you hang onto most your peds and maybe get an adjusted weapon (clay upgrade version), for those few hours a week you might commit for entertainment. Or run L. Relax and enjoy it, it's entertainment.

I'm not so active these days, I play the game when the mode takes me. Nothing wrong with that.

Loads of mobs you can hunt for fun, argo hunter size and power. Don't need to hunt bigger for your budget.

Good luck with your choices

Rick.

Sell everything you have in storage, clear ALL the ped and get the BEST possible weapon you can afford, ideally a 2.0 gun.
Just to clarify, what is considered a 2.0 gun? I know what loot 2.0 is of course - is that any weapon released since then? Is there anything other than Mayhem and FEN weapons?

Just to clarify, what is considered a 2.0 gun? I know what loot 2.0 is of course - is that any weapon released since then? Is there anything other than Mayhem and FEN weapons?
Indeed. Only items outside the FEN and Mayhem are the Unique Sacrificial Dagger, the Reaper's Blade and since the VU, LP80 perfected (L).

[EWE EP-41 Military, Adjusted] willl be aavailable for rent for small ped as of next week if u want to give gun a go let me know :)! I have tier 7!
i use it with 106 amp

Thank you very much, will consider this (y)

That's what I was hoping for :)

Personal recommendations, based on your replies:
  • Pick a planet you wanna spend some time on
  • Find 3-4 mobs in your hunting range (this is good time to explore and test, but don't waste your money too much)
  • Make sure at least 1 of them has good MU, to help out
  • Camp one until you hit your boredom barrier, then switch. As you know, staying w/ one mob make stackables easier to sell (grow bigger, faster and less stacks to deal with) but once you get too bored, don't force it
  • Check the local missions. If they match, grab them for the extra bonus while you do your thing
  • Since you only have $20k (likely less after getting UL gear) try to do as much commerce as possible on planet. Traveling back & forth every $5-10k just to sell things will eat into your margin quickly. (but f things don't sell, or take all week, you may not have a choice for some items)
  • Once you start to feel overall bored with that planet, (after a few months, I'd guess) sell/TT all possible loot to max pedcard, move to the next planet. Rinse. Repeat.
Factoring in planet updates, etc., that pattern should keep you entertained and happy for the next 3-5 years.

I'll let others advise on specific weapons/gear. They got more experience on that then I do. (Been using daily mission CDF weapons for past ~5+years)

Thank you very much, very helpful and much appreciated (y)

There"s no shame being an occasional hunter after 15 years.

Some self honesty is good too; if it took you 15 years to get to level 56, at that rate it might take you another 15 years to get to level 80. Who knows what the game might look like then.

Personally i think expensive unlimited weapons are for those prepared to commit heavily in both time and money. That's not you, is it, otherwise you're already be level 80+

I know players running FEN who already commit more of a monthly budget that you're suggesting. To justifying buying it in the first place.

Personally I believe since loot 2, "Everyone pays", where cost is focused on active time, more than your weapon. In other words a player running 20 hours a week with top gun, will pay more than a players running 10 hours a week with less efficient weapon.

So why don't you hang onto most your peds and maybe get an adjusted weapon (clay upgrade version), for those few hours a week you might commit for entertainment. Or run L. Relax and enjoy it, it's entertainment.

I'm not so active these days, I play the game when the mode takes me. Nothing wrong with that.

Loads of mobs you can hunt for fun, argo hunter size and power. Don't need to hunt bigger for your budget.

Good luck with your choices

Rick.

Thank you for the time to respond Rick! You are right that i need to determine at what level i want to play this game, and that is exactly one of the reason i made this thread, i don't have a plan and don't know where i want to be end of the year, next year and even over 5 years. I need to determine that for myself, don't expect to get all the answers here, but i like to hear the different opinions and the different approach people have.

Hi all,

lately i have been thinking quite a lot about how to continue my EU career, have been trying various things trying to get a feel for what the game can offer. I want to hear suggestions/advice how you would approach the game if you were in this position.

Bit about myself:
15 years old (EU years that is)
Laser Sniper/Pistoleer around lvl 56'ish
Total skills 200K/190HP
I prefer the somewhat faster weapons like laser pistol

I have like 20K ped available and willing to fill up like 100 euro a month.

Ofcourse i could buy deeds and hunt for like forever punies, but thats will bore me out. On the other hand i don't have the need (yet) to hunt the biggest mob ingame, because i don't have the bankroll for that. What would you do with this budget, considering there is no equipment at this moment (apart from Viceroy).

Some very basic (rough) math here:

100 euro/month is around 1200 ped.
If you manage to get around 95% return that means you can cycle around 24000 ped per month (which would result in a 1200 ped loss).
I guess that would be around 24 to 48 hours of grinding (if you cycle around 500~1000 ped per hour with a mid lvl weapon)
So that would be around 1~2 hours play time per day on avarage.

So, if you spend 16000 ped on gear, and leave 24000 ped to cycle and replenish that 24000 ped with the 1200 ped monthly deposit, you should be good and should keep you off the streets ;)

That 16000 ped should be enough for a nice armour, ep41 + amp.
And try to get that adj resto! For your lvl and the mobs you would hunt this is such a freaking good healing tool!!

Some very basic (rough) math here:

100 euro/month is around 1200 ped.
If you manage to get around 95% return that means you can cycle around 24000 ped per month (which would result in a 1200 ped loss).
I guess that would be around 24 to 48 hours of grinding (if you cycle around 500~1000 ped per hour with a mid lvl weapon)
So that would be around 1~2 hours play time per day on avarage.

So, if you spend 16000 ped on gear, and leave 24000 ped to cycle and replenish that 24000 ped with the 1200 ped monthly deposit, you should be good and should keep you off the streets ;)

That 16000 ped should be enough for a nice armour, ep41 + amp.
And try to get that adj resto! For your lvl and the mobs you would hunt this is such a freaking good healing tool!!

Interesting approach, thanks will take this into consideration. I had the adj. regen in the past, it's a great tool, the biggest benefit (apart from dead-cheap to use) is that you get heals while you keep shooting, like having a personal healer.

I 100% agree with @wizz on the Adj Resto,

i just got mine this morning. and i honestly wish i would've gotten it before my ul gun. its so amazing. i save probably 5-10ped each hunt just from decay on healing tools

Indeed. Only items outside the FEN and Mayhem are the Unique Sacrificial Dagger, the Reaper's Blade and since the VU, LP80 perfected (L).
I'm wondering, is it pointless to hunt with UL weapons in the 60%-65% range?

I'm wondering, is it pointless to hunt with UL weapons in the 60%-65% range?

I'm sure you prefer Eveys reply to this, but i'll give my 2 pecs anyways. It's not pointless to hunt with UL weapons in the 60-65% range. It is still a way to gain skills without tying too much of your bankroll up in an item. As long as you expect the item to either keep its value, not lose too much value or even increase in value it's a valuable means to acquire skills.

As long as your float is big enough, you should be able to skill rather cheaply, or even for free, if you target the right mobs. However there just isn't enough markup to make it "easy".

I'm currently running a ~63% setup and i'm currently at 100.88% TT for April. But i'm currently in a major downswing (90% average returns, for the past couple of days) and that requires a bit of bankroll to ride out. (anecdotal 95.99% TT for the past 200k cycled)

EDIT: It's important to figure out your own goals. I.E.Do you want to skill fast to a certain point, do you want to play very cheap. those are two very different scenarios with two very different ways to go about it.

I would personally keep most of peds for bankroll. 1st reason is i am and always will be a joat and L gives alot more flexibility. 2nd reason is a nerfed L can go straight into tt, whereas a nerfed UL is heavy,

Regarding high efficiency and eco weaponry, is irrelevant until +-LP70 fen. The mobs which matter are above, not under, is that simple. Discussing about impact of whatnot (starting with eff and finishing with turnover) on the overwhelming majority of mobs under lvl40 is just splitting hairs. Similar for dope rings or pills, you seriously don't need them at, say, 30dps nor you'd break any bank having them.

The point where you seriously need to consider UL is easy to identify, where 1) L becomes unsustainable (armatrix series 80 maybe? That kind of stuff) and 2) dmg enh start to produce a sizeable influence (not on bp-20, for example). That is kind of the point where you need to decide if you commit or stick to a more casual playstyle where you just accept the losses and that's it.

So for whatever impact a decision can (not, actually) have at level 56, don't worry about eff 60-65%, if there's something which can make or break the game, is not that,.

You get more money mining/crafting per ped cycled than hunting

Good luck!

Agreed. 20K is a very limited budget for sustainable gameplay, and the lower quality weapon you buy the faster your monthly deposits will burn up.

Back