Chipping One Avi To Another - Calculating Skills Gains

T.J

Guardian
Society
The Disturbed Ones
Hi all,

Pretty much as the title says, both the mrs and i have an avi but sadly due to ill health she is thinking about leaving :( Should she do this we'd probably transfer her skills to my avi but before doing so would like to see what impact this would have and whether she be better selling them to buying some new gear instead

Have uploaded her avi stats to entropedia and using wiki tools have a complete list of the ESI tt values when loaded with these skills but struggling to find a way of doing the number crunching.

Jdegre's tool is great for telling me the cheapest way to get certain levels in certain profession's but it picks the skills and chipping amounts, i need something that does the reverse.

Is there a tool that can do this or some kind of formula that i can use?

If its any help her avi has about 41k skills and my avi just over 50k, both lots are about 95% combat with the rest made up of mining.

Thanks in advance
TJ

Hi all,

Pretty much as the title says, both the mrs and i have an avi but sadly due to ill health she is thinking about leaving :( Should she do this we'd probably transfer her skills to my avi but before doing so would like to see what impact this would have and whether she be better selling them to buying some new gear instead

Have uploaded her avi stats to entropedia and using wiki tools have a complete list of the ESI tt values when loaded with these skills but struggling to find a way of doing the number crunching.

Jdegre's tool is great for telling me the cheapest way to get certain levels in certain profession's but it picks the skills and chipping amounts, i need something that does the reverse.

Is there a tool that can do this or some kind of formula that i can use?

If its any help her avi has about 41k skills and my avi just over 50k, both lots are about 95% combat with the rest made up of mining.

Thanks in advance
TJ
JD's tool will do the reverse. Just put in 0 as the lvl, and 'chip out' as the radio button checked.

Hi Dion,

Thanks for the quick reply - just taken another look and unless its me being dense its not quite what i'm aiming for.

I have a list of her skills and a list of mine but no simple way of seeing what effect adding hers to mine gives.

So far all I've managed to do is find the closest match TT wise in auction and look at the item info. For example she has 1833 "aim" skill which after the 10% loss is an 8.60ped esi, the closest i could find on auction was 9.34ped which would take me up to 2788 aim.

As you can imagine this is far from easy to do this for everyone and some of the esi's on auction are not close enough in TT to even consider comparing :-(

Hope that explains things better

Cheers
TJ

Basically you need a way of working out the following :

You have 4274 rifle skills - you have 15.24 ped rifle Esi - after insertion, what would you have?

But doing this on an "all skills" included level.

Basically merging two skill .csv files from EUcompanion (or whatever), and having a look at the projected results.

I am sure the excellent Chipping Optimiser can easily be made to do this. Unless there is another tool out there that does this sort of thing...

Basically you need a way of working out the following :

You have 4274 rifle skills - you have 15.24 ped rifle Esi - after insertion, what would you have?

But doing this on an "all skills" included level.

Basically merging two skill .csv files from EUcompanion (or whatever), and having a look at the projected results.

I am sure the excellent Chipping Optimiser can easily be made to do this. Unless there is another tool out there that does this sort of thing...

Hi Spike,

Yup, thats exactly it - glad one of us know what i mean because i confuse myself most of the time lol

On a slightly different note have posted in our soc bit explaining things in a bit more detail

Cheers
TJ

1st off. I'm really sorry to hear about the health issue. I hope she gets better soon. Failing that, I hope you 2 can handle it with as few problems as possible.

Now about your EU dilemma:

Basically this is a question of "should I..."

• Add the skills to my ava
  • Sell the skills to buy better equipment

1st, you know exactly what skills you have available to you, but the other 3 big questions are

• What equipment would you like to buy (that's truthfully within the budget)?
  • Do you have the skills to use them?
  • Do you have to sell all the skills to buy the equipment?

That last question seems to open up more possibilities.

Personally, I'd say, make a "shopping list" keeping mind what you can get for the skills. Narrow down your list to what you truthfully want/need for your next lvl. See which skills you must sell to afford them and stick the rest of the skills in your ava.

Not seeing a problem here, but I may be overestimating the amount of skills you have at your disposal.

Oh and obviously, I'd suggest selling the peripheral skills she picked up that won't help your avas' main profession before selling the core skills.

Again, gl with the health problem.

1st off. I'm really sorry to hear about the health issue. I hope she gets better soon. Failing that, I hope you 2 can handle it with as few problems as possible.

Now about your EU dilemma:

Basically this is a question of "should I..."
  • Add the skills to my ava
  • Sell the skills to buy better equipment
1st, you know exactly what skills you have available to you, but the other 3 big questions are
  • What equipment would you like to buy (that's truthfully within the budget)?
  • Do you have the skills to use them?
  • Do you have to sell all the skills to buy the equipment?
That last question seems to open up more possibilities.

Personally, I'd say, make a "shopping list" keeping mind what you can get for the skills. Narrow down your list to what you truthfully want/need for your next lvl. See which skills you must sell to afford them and stick the rest of the skills in your ava.

Not seeing a problem here, but I may be overestimating the amount of skills you have at your disposal.

Oh and obviously, I'd suggest selling the peripheral skills she picked up that won't help your avas' main profession before selling the core skills.

Again, gl with the health problem.

Hi,

Thanks for the great reply and your concerns.

In total selling her items and skills would raise about 8k peds once the cost of the esi's havee been taken off. My own avi has a laser sniper HA of about 34.5 so would hope to be able to get coolness a some more HP from her skills or get pretty close anyway.

Item wise have ghost/5bs, ep41, mk.3 etc and not sure that 8k will get me a great deal further and would need more skills to make good use of it anyway

If we go down the chipping out/in route i'd end up with all her skills and about 2-3k in peds.

Thanks again
TJ

hi t.j.,
sorry to hear about the health issues.

regarding the chipping out, you can use the tool to do the calcs but you have to do it skill by skill, and it can be a little bit tedious; the tool was never meant to automate the calcs for merging whole avatars, because this is not an everyday task.

you should do the following:
- pick one skill from the old ava and enter the skill value in the "show all skills" panel
- select "chip out" and enter "0" as target
- note the tt value of the chip out (this is the size of the skill implant you'll get after chipping out) and also note the price you'll get after selling it in auction
- now enter your current skill level (from your own ava) and select "chip in"
- now you can do two things:
1. enter in the "cost limit" field the price you got from the chip-out step, OR
2. enter a "target level" above the currently displayed level, just guessing, and hit go!, and then do several iterations, refining the guess, until the tt value of the recommended chip is aprox. equal to the tt value of the chip you got from the chip-out step.

this way you can get an idea of what level you'll get from each skill.

BUT, if you ask me, i'd do the following:
- chip out everything from the old ava
- sell everything and get as much as you can
- decide what you want to do with that cash, either equipment and/or skills
- whatever goes to skills, select a profession where you want to improve (or health points, maybe)
- choose that profession in the tool, enter the amount you have decided to spend, and let the tool recommend what to chip (most probably it will be a very different set of skills that you have from the other ava's chip out).

cheers,
/jdegre.

TJ,

I think you're looking for this:

PE|EU WikiTools Beta

Enter your level, TT value of the chip and get your skill level after chipping it in.

(But I did not take proper time to completely read your post)

Reactions: T.J
Hi,

Thanks for the great reply and your concerns.

In total selling her items and skills would raise about 8k peds once the cost of the esi's havee been taken off. My own avi has a laser sniper HA of about 34.5 so would hope to be able to get coolness a some more HP from her skills or get pretty close anyway.

Item wise have ghost/5bs, ep41, mk.3 etc and not sure that 8k will get me a great deal further and would need more skills to make good use of it anyway

If we go down the chipping out/in route i'd end up with all her skills and about 2-3k in peds.

Thanks again
TJ

TJ, we have comparable skills/equip: lvl 35 pistol & sniper, ep-41, FF8k, ghost 5As, etc. Based on what you've said, I'd say keep the skills. I think you'll be quite happy with the difference in results with the exact same equipment. I think you'll enjoy the jump in evade and combat skills. Sure her 41k + your 50k <> 91k, but I'm sure it will push you well into coolness.

Maybe sell off some peripheral skills and spend 1k peds on a new toy or something. (May I suggest an ek-2600 and/or med tp chip if you haven't got one already?)

Happy hoffing mate.

TJ,

I think you're looking for this:

PE|EU WikiTools Beta

Enter your level, TT value of the chip and get your skill level after chipping it in.

(But I did not take proper time to completely read your post)

Hi,

Thanks for that, ironically that's the tool i used to list the TT value of the wifes skills but completely missed the box on the left lol

I'll calculate the the combined skills, upload them to wiki and play about with jdegre's chipping tool to see what the difference between using her skill as they are or buying in new ones.

Cheers
TJ

TJ, we have comparable skills/equip: lvl 35 pistol & sniper, ep-41, FF8k, ghost 5As, etc. Based on what you've said, I'd say keep the skills. I think you'll be quite happy with the difference in results with the exact same equipment. I think you'll enjoy the jump in evade and combat skills. Sure her 41k + your 50k <> 91k, but I'm sure it will push you well into coolness.

Maybe sell off some peripheral skills and spend 1k peds on a new toy or something. (May I suggest an ek-2600 and/or med tp chip if you haven't got one already?)

Happy hoffing mate.

Hi again,

Makes sense and looking at things will probably be the route we go down, either by using her skills directly or selling them to buy different ones.

Thanks again and happy hoffing too ;-)
TJ

I have a list of her skills and a list of mine but no simple way of seeing what effect adding hers to mine gives.

So far all I've managed to do is find the closest match TT wise in auction and look at the item info. For example she has 1833 "aim" skill which after the 10% loss is an 8.60ped esi, the closest i could find on auction was 9.34ped which would take me up to 2788 aim.

Maybe this helps a little bit
Entropia Tools: Skill Chip Estimated TT Value

or you must enter Skill manual until you get the calculated TT
Entropia Tools: Manual Entry Skill Calculator

Back