Chipping out a skill

alter12345

Young
Society
The Knights of Entropia
Jorge ALTER Poco
I dont know if this is the correct place for putting up this question, but i couldnt find anywhere more suitable.
I have looked in various place and i have yet to see this question answered. I also tried the support to answer it, but, what i got was one of those scripted replies wich lack information and resolution.

So here it is:
Im trying ot chipping out a skill that has arround 2000 skill points, i've used that jdegre chipping optimizer and it said i need arround 12ped ESI to do that. The only problem is it only lets me take 1450skill points. I tried other skill and it let me take more with the same ESI.

Does anyone know whats happening?

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place or if the question already got answered somewhere else.

Thanks for the help in advance, Jorge.

each point is worth different amount of TT value, the more skills you have the more TT each point is worth.
Also the ESI decays 10% when you are chiiping out, thats why you could not put the whole 2k points into it.

here is a site where you have estimates of ESI needed for a specific amount of points. Stickynotes EU
you might have to click on EU tools, ESI estimate.

all numers are if you are planing to chip it all the way down to 0.

also remember that if you bring a to big ESI you should have enough ESI over so that the remaining after the extracted and the 10% decay, leaves more than 10ped TT value ESI, if 9.99ped TT or less you only get peds back and not a new small ESI.

I didnt knew about 10% decay rule on the ESI.

Tks for the answer.

You are right that if you have about 2000 total skills they should fit on a 10 to 12 Ped ESI.

If you have a 12 Ped ESI, and it says you can only fit 1450 on, (leaving you with 550), then I don't understand, and maybe you should submit a Support Case.

Now if you chip out 2000 skills, and someone else who already has say 500, chips them in, their skill may only rise by 1450.

here is a site where you have estimates of ESI needed for a specific amount of points. Stickynotes EU
you might have to click on EU tools, ESI estimate.

Isn't there a formula out there with which one can calculate the needed ESI tt for every amount of skill points, not only the 250 point increments? I really think I once read about such a formula, but I seem to be unable to find it on the forum.

Thanks for your quick reply. However, I would like to have the actual formula so I can use it in Excel.

I don't think a neat formula was ever achieved. Doer (wiki calcs) and Jdegre (chipping optimiser calcs) both used a series of approximate formulae, with each formula only applying to a specific range of skill values.

If you want the formulas they used, your best bet is probably to PM them.

Same thing happened to me, using the charts and previous experience I chipped out 2k points on a 27 ped esi. Should have had about 13 Ped esi left leaving some error room. I got 9 ped and some pec back. Bug??? Or "feature". What gives? Anyone know?

Same thing happened to me, using the charts and previous experience I chipped out 2k points on a 27 ped esi. Should have had about 13 Ped esi left leaving some error room. I got 9 ped and some pec back. Bug??? Or "feature". What gives? Anyone know?

Did you chip out 2k points from 2000 down to 0? If not, you'd need more ESI. If so, it could be a bug or could be the ESI-skill volumes have changed a bit recently without an announcement.

Back