Client Loader won't load

jaywalker

Stalker
Society
-TAO-
Juniper Jaywalker Jones
Since about 20 mins ago, I just cannot get the EU Client Loader to load. I click on Terms of Use, then the prog just gets stuck. Everything else on My PC seems to be working fine.

Any ideas what is wrong and how to fix it?

jay :)

PS Weird. I am now getting "cannot connect to server". Obviously the EU servers are not down or else you'd all be in the chatroom :lol: and obviously my connection is OK, or else I couldn't post this :S

Last edited:
you have a software firewall by any chance ?

you have a software firewall by any chance ?

Ummm, excuse the dumb questiion but what other sort of firewall is there? And who would connect to the internet without one?

As it happens, I have Windows XP and make do with the integrated fierewall on that. Does that answer your Q?

Ummm, excuse the dumb questiion but what other sort of firewall is there? And who would connect to the internet without one?

As it happens, I have Windows XP and make do with the integrated fierewall on that. Does that answer your Q?

In a way Yes :).Some software firewall like zonealarm tend to ... well polute themself and block genuine programs.

ut you dont have that :)

Run your computer for virusses and spyware

Run your computer for virusses and spyware
Am doing so as we speak :)
Nothing showing yet. But now I notice I was very, very slow connecting with this forum :(. And Entropia Planets (open in a different tab) is taking forever to refresh

Tyvm for your fast responses

Strange. Perhaps an ISP routing issue temporarily?

Same problem here, its not anything normal. Im in UK and cant get to www.google.com and anything that gos to it hangs. I think Google from UK andtheclient loader must use something from google. CAn u get onto google.

???

AVG found nothing. Spybot S&D found nothing. Both applications up-to-date.
Still got the problem. Any further suggestions?

AVG found nothing. Spybot S&D found nothing. Both applications up-to-date.
Still got the problem. Any further suggestions?

its not a virus
can u check google for me

I can get to my own sites and some in UK but not google at all if someone can confirm that they can get google from within UK Please it migh help me track problem down.

cheers

Are you from the UK by any chance? if so try and connect to google.com

If that does not work then you have the same issue as me all internation internet access seems to be missing lol

I am from Leeds and with BT

And youtube also not working lol

Same problem here, its not anything normal. Im in UK and cant get to www.google.com and anything that gos to it hangs. I think Google from UK andtheclient loader must use something from google. CAn u get onto google.

???

Ah. We cross-posted.

I'm in the UK too. And no, I can't get on to Google! Just tried.

Looks like you have a point.

right click dont know what windows you got but try runnning it as admin

Strange. I haven't tried to log into EU but google seems to be out of action for me. Using Btinternet here in the UK

BT here as well.

Looks like we nailed it.

Nothing we can do but wait for BT to sort it out, i guess

Well im getting the EU problem, but i cant get to google at all, even on EF it linked to google and i had to disarm JAvascrip to get into here. Doing a virus scan myself in case something is a bit fishy. Also will call friend next door to se if they can get on EU.
Update in a sec

curiouser and curiouser!

;)

ah well off to do something constructive...

bt.com will not load for me to check service status but on plus net it says

Broadband Network Capacity (320534) - NEW
We have three different 'settings' for our automated network management solution according to the conditions the network is under - Plan A (normal operation), Plan B (high demand operation) and Plan C (disaster situation) - http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/quality_broadband/load.shtml

Over recent days we've noticed some adverse performance and latency across our network during peak times along with an increase in customer usage patterns. Due to these reasons we're making the decision to set the network capacity to 'Amber' and move to 'Plan B' operation. This is in effect for customers on both our 20CN and 21CN networks.

We will do our best to ensure that your time sensitive traffic is given the highest priority, however whilst status is set to 'Amber' you might notice that certain applications or Internet traffic performs at slower speeds to those you'd normally expect.

We added more capacity to the network earlier this week and are currently monitoring the effect this has on performance.

We will provide another update as soon as the situation changes.

Kind Regards,

Chris Parr
Customer Support

Can anyone translate this into english lol

from http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&?helpheader=servicestatus

i think it means "we're fucked so you're fucked"

BT here and can't get past Terms and conditions ... client loader won't load.

Thanks drutoo for looking that up Added Rep :)

Now will have o chase BT I surpose.

curiouser and curiouser!

;)

ah well off to do something constructive...

same here :)

thanks for all the help , guys, will spread some rep when my connection allows!

Slapnuts! I think you are right!! :(. Thank goodness i didn't renew my BT contract, if this is gonna be normal from now on.

Hubby just got back from our office 10miles away and same internet issues also using BT so i guess clean the house and watch a DVD :)

GL 2 u All

Zelda xxx

Hubby just got back from our office 10miles away and same internet issues also using BT so i guess clean the house and watch a DVD :)

GL 2 u All

Zelda xxx

when you get done there you can come over and do mine if its still down!! :)

when you get done there you can come over and do mine if its still down!! :)

lol

Update:

I have talked to BT and they say there is no issues. Having looked more I am convinced its Google ho i dont know but facebook (gameS) work, yahoo works,all seems to work unless Google is involved.

Even here if i turn Javascript back on then this forum wont work because its looking for something at Google.com. Turn it off and here i am.

lol

Update:

I have talked to BT and they say there is no issues. Having looked more I am convinced its Google ho i dont know but facebook (gameS) work, yahoo works,all seems to work unless Google is involved.

Even here if i turn Javascript back on then this forum wont work because its looking for something at Google.com. Turn it off and here i am.

hmmm so EU uses parts of google?

Update

Google and EU now work for me :D try now

yeps, google is back for me

Update

Google and EU now work for me :D try now

Gogle for me up as well trying EU :)

thanks all for help and posts :)

Update: EU working ie Client Loader worked. Perhaps if this happens again, as Client Loader uses IE (yukyuk) thenturning off Javascript in IE might let the Client Loader work. Shame i didnt think of this before :)

GL ingame all

Back