Community Help

Status

Frank|SDS

Guardian
Society
Freelancer
Hi everyone,

Here's one of those fast help threads that I will lock in 24 hours. Pretty simple, creative and hopefully fun.

We're creating a new area on the website to compliment the Screenshots and Concept Art called 'Travellers Guide'. It's meant to give new visitors to the site an idea of different places, people, creatures etc. on the continents on Calypso.

So if you've got a:

Title
Text (60 - 70 words)
Screenshot

of your favorite place, creature, event, piece of official or community history, post it here and we'll pick out the best.

Thanks for your time:tiphat:

/Frank

Hi Frank.

Any news of cash cards?

On the subject: Why only 24 hours?

Last edited:
Sorry, no other news than what's in the Support News section of the website.

I made it 24 hours just so the thread doesn't get too long, but sure if there's interest and its fun I can leave it run:)

So you want participants to upload thei art(of any sort?) on you website?
Is thise will be provided as a personal blogs or gallerys or what?
Where to sign in? :yay::wtg:

Feffoids: Cunning Adversaries?

This aggressive mutant species native to Calypso is not known for their ferocious strength, but for their complex hierarchies, organizational skills, and great intelligence. In the few years humans have colonized Calypso, Feffoids have evolved beyond their originally nomadic society, and are seen raiding human settlements, hording human energy weapons, and rare sightings tell of great Feffoid warriors adorned in what must be their own crafted armor. The rate at which they are adopting human technology is truly chilling, and the future looks grim as their utility of human weapons against us seems eminent.

feffoid_gathering_669061.jpg

Last edited:
I'll start this one off lol

Twin Peaks - Marketplace of Calypso where anything can be bought or sold, Gateway to space travel - tickets to the space destinations sold here. Either way a must see destination.

or possibly

Hadeshiem - Planetary Capital of Calypso with 4 teleporters needed to take all the commuters to this bustling metropolis.

ok with Hadeshiem u may need to do something to get ppl to visit Frank but I still say as the capital city it has potential - u just need to give it a facelift :)

Thanks people, thats what I'm talking about.

Don't worry, we'll trim texts here if they need it, and even find screenshots as well. We're just basically looking for the communities input.

ok seems nightbird beat me too it lol

Yeahhh...yeahh... Mr. Frank...

Let us community do MA job. And quick, please, because MA has schedules to acomplish.

:yup::yup::yup::yup::yup:

Living in Entropia
Entropia isn´t only a place to hunt, go out mining, to craft or trading. The Planet Calypso and famous Club Neverdie are bursting with culture, fashion and art. People from all over the world who are now the residents of Entropia involve their very personal way of living. I own a shop on Club Neverdie which is not only a saleroom but an oasis of my very own style of living.

livinginentropia_b3.jpg

Last edited:
Aussie Party. Nuff sed.

Oh and a boonie doll.

Zychion Citadel

Zychion Citadel.
Once the capital of Calypso, a vibrant modern city nestled among the beautiful forest of south western Eudoria. A city for settlers to begin their amazing new life exploring and developing Calypso. A city where dreams could come true.
That was before the bad times - before the robot wars - before "Hell Night".
Now only these ruins remain, and in the wind you can hear the ghosts of the settlers crying for vengeance. The battle against the robots must never cease!

ZychionCitadel.jpg

The Annual Miss Calypso and He-Man contests

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Every year around christmas time, its time to give out the "Miss Calypso" and "He-Man" titles to two of the most prominent entropians within style and fashion. Not only will you see a large specter of different armors, clothing and bathsuits by attending these shows -but it also often reflects on what is in on Calypso -and yes, fashion changes in VR too.

Calypsian Commerce:

Trade is the backbone of every society, and here on Calypso we enjoy three mainstream methods for purchasing and selling merchandise.

This first is one all new arrivals first encounter: vendors hawking their wares on the streets of Calypso's most populous cities. Here, we see those looking to make quick sales, and also traders and bargain hunters drifting left and right looking for a good deal.

The auction is the second. Available in all cities, the auction offers the widest variety of merchandise at all times and participants may choose to list items for a fee, or make bids for other participants' listed items. Delivery is free if space travel is not required.

Shops are the third. They can be found in malls and several clusters around Calypso. In these fine establishments, you can browse wares and enjoy the discounts some shops offer over auction prices. Many tools and equipment are exclusively found in shops, whose proprietors are also the manufacturers.

I must say that it's a very bad time to post this, with the upcoming avatar update none of these screenshots should contain avatars, as they wouldnt look the same after VU 9.0.

Maybe postpone it till after VU 9.0.

The mysterious sacrifice stone

Thoriarea2.jpg

The story behind the temple is as uncertain as the story behind the ones guarding it. They are told be both powerful and intelligent. These mighty mutants appeared on Calypso a long time ago, creating a world for themselves far away from human civilization. Only an adventurous soul would travel to such a dangerous area to solve one of the greatest mysterious of our time.

Larger picture:

I must say that it's a very bad time to post this, with the upcoming avatar update none of these screenshots should contain avatars, as they wouldnt look the same after VU 9.0.

True, It might not be representable for the game anymore, but it would still show the history of our VR tho :)

Seriously, have u seen their latest promo vids, when r they from? 2005?

Seriously, have u seen their latest promo vids, when r they from? 2005?

lol, yeah. I was really stumped what to show my friend when I tried to introduce him to the game. I ended up showing some User video I found :rolleyes:

This one is back from january 2005. There is no big storyline behind it.

It just shows that you got to be carefull and always watch your back in EU`s wildlife. :)

Shopping and Social Life

Gallery.jpg

The recently opened Shopping Malls became quickly buzzing hubs of the trade and social life on Calypso. The malls contain not only dozens of shops stocked up to the ceiling with the wares and goods of all kind, but also promenades, fashion boutiques and art galleries. All three Malls are conveniently situated close to well-known hotspots of Calypso: two of them can be found on the 'old' continent Eudoria in Port Atlantis and Twin Peaks respectively, and the third one is located within walking distance from the Emerald Lakes settlement on the Amethera continent.

Frank, we can trade pics. If you give us some cool beta pics we haven't seen or some cool pics from the test server of stuff will be implemented in the future then we can help you with this :)

My lost ship

When i first landed on Calypso i decided to become a sailor,
i bought a fine ship and cruised the seas of this wonderfull new planet.
It was a very old and brown colored ship but it was ok for me.
But one day 2 man approached me and said: "hey you have a nice ship there, but the color is really awfull. Don't worry man we can help you, we can color your ship for free".
"Cool" i thought to myself and handed it over to them.

Well that was almost a year ago .. i'm still waiting here for these 2 guys to bring it back to me.

I only remember the first letter of their first names .. "M" and "F".
So if you see my ship or maybe one of these 2 guys .. please tell me.

:D

river.jpg

please excuse my bad English

Hello Frank!
I don't want to post pictures twice here. Probably you want to have a short look to my sketchbook ;)

World of Firepower

World of Firepower - The Entropia Universe World Cup!

The World of Firepower is a community hunting tournament in Entropia Universe, run for the first time in 2007 by Oscar Hurrikane SkyQuake. Colonists represented their home Earth nations in teams and competed against each other to determine which team was best! In total, over 200 colonists entered the 2007 WoF event, representing 28 nations. They went out into the wilderness, and they hunted. It was not about loot. It was not about PED. It was about entertainment, it was about firepower, it was about glory!

The tournament was a great success that brought the community together. The winners, USA, will no doubt be hoping to successfully defend their title next year!

WoFCupsmall.jpg

WoF Cup by Clam Jamphrie (J Boy)

Champions League

One of the biggest and most popular events to date is taking place on Club Neverdie. Champions League has nearly 50 participants playing every sunday. All of them fighting for the points to win the league, earn their glory and last but not least -get a free ticket to the MMOWC quarter finals.
The league combines hunting and PK'ing in many different scenarios, and ranges from low- to mid- and high-level players. Champions League is sponsored by Steelseries and MMOWC.

above you see a typical Champions League screenshot (okay okay I didnt have any better ones..)

Ancient structures.

There are plenty of evidence about past civilisations on Calypso.
But not much knowledge about them.
Who made them and for what purpose?
Maybe explorers of this new world finds answers to these questions.

Last edited:
Found your paradise yet?

Bored of life on earth? Realised that you have discovered it all and there is nothing left for you?

Well come take a trip to Calypso! Claim your happiness in this wonderful paradise and find a place you can call 'home'.

so here are some classic shots i have taken since my first day on calypso.

Me pointing to the sky

When you smile the whole world smiles back at you

Bubble fall from the sky in the new lands.

I just met this person and added him as my deciple so i gave him some armor to help out. I crashed then logged back in.... somehow he managed to kill himself at the landing zone. if only he knew he was just getting started.

There I was at MS9's place when I got tired and she let me crash there :)

Last edited:

My first ever tower.

for some odd reason there were butterflys in a trade center

so i danced

Status
Back