Computer starting problem

Ardorj

Elite
Society
NBK Rangers
Ardorj-Njarr
Hello,

Every time I start my computer, I get the same error since roughly half a year.

I click OK and everything works as I should be (I think). Anyone know what this is and what I can do about it?

:smash::cdevil::smash:

Kumenelo is a virus. It is possible another virus disabled it, and didn't disable the loading of it in the registry of windows. Or, perhaps the virus is updated and doesn't need that file anymore. Or, it has been removed. Since you do not know where it came from, or what caused it, the best solution is to backup all documents. Then, format the harddrive, install windows (from a cd with SP2 or SP3 integrated upon it), then install drivers, update windows completely, install good antivirus (so nothing norton, mcafee, etc) and then install your programs, and put back the documents.

DAMNIT!!

I hate people that write viruses! Scumbags!

Thanks for the notification guys. I use AntiVir for a long time now. Stupid that it hasn't discovered the virus yet.

One more question: if a program is searching for kumenelo.dll, but can't find it. Does that mean the real virus is gone and I have to find what is looking for kumenelo.dll?

:lam::banghead::lam:

It is possible that the file kumelo.dll is deleted, and the rundll message is a windows-message. It is also possible that rundll is a virus that puts up a fake message, or because it can not find something.

Try scanning your computer with an online antivirus-program such as TrendMicro Housecall

If it finds anything, remove the files, and scan again, if it still finds something, do what I wrote before, and reinstall your computer, since you can not trust that viruses can be removed any other way.

You could run regedit and search for kumenelo and delete any reference you find, backup reg 1st tho

The virus and everything associated with it is now removed from my computer! Hurray!

Thansk everyone for your help and suggestions.

:yay::sniper::yay:

Back