Couple of noob questions

NewNoob

Young
1. I think I got this but once you have a weapon maxed out then no matter how much higher any skill you have related to it (say you tripple your anatomy skill) or that profession gets you'll never hit anymore often or do anymore damage?

And if so does that also apply to how often you get a critical hit or can you increase your chance to crit even after you have maxed out the weapon?

2. Do mob levels have diff levels of avoidance? E.g. will you miss a dominant whatever more then you will miss a young one or will you hit each level of the same mob just as often?

3. Do mobs have armor? Looking at all the sites with info on mobs I can not see any that say wether or not they have armor or any kind of resistant to various kinds of damage etc.

1. Correct. It is always best to use a maxed weapon, but once its maxed you will not get any better with it. I recommend using a maxed weapon to max the next one before switching to it.

2. Not that I have seen any hard evidence for, though some people have their theories. For the most part this is nothing you need to worry about even if some of those theories are partially true, it would be more of a difference between a low level and an uber mob, not 1 maturity level on the mob your hunting.

3. Nope, you will hit your average dmg the same on all mobs. (except other avatars in pvp of course)

gl and have fun,

narfi

Narfi beat me to answering your questions. However I wish you best of luck!

Exovirus beat me to it in wishing you luck. So I'm just here for teh spam

everyone beat me so I will just ... umm say good job everyone

1. Correct. It is always best to use a maxed weapon, but once its maxed you will not get any better with it. I recommend using a maxed weapon to max the next one before switching to it.

2. Not that I have seen any hard evidence for, though some people have their theories. For the most part this is nothing you need to worry about even if some of those theories are partially true, it would be more of a difference between a low level and an uber mob, not 1 maturity level on the mob your hunting.

3. Nope, you will hit your average dmg the same on all mobs. (except other avatars in pvp of course)

gl and have fun,

narfi

Well for number 2 I'd say your hitrate is not dependant on the mobs you shoot. Just coming from an AFAIK basis so don't ask for any sources :D

Just posting for fun : Good Luck

One more point about critical hits: Weapon accuracy enhancers will increase critical hit probability on a weapon that is higher-tier. Example; tier 1 weapon with Weapon Accuracy Enhancer I has a CH probability number of 12 rather than 10 if the weapon is already maxed.

The jury is still out as to whether such enhancers are worth the money. They save ammo but the enhancers aren't free!

On the subject of maxing weapons; personally I think that a weapon maxed to hit and almost maxed (within half a level or so) for damage sometimes works quite well, especially if you can get the not-quite-maxed weapon at a reasonable price. Another example; I recently looked at upgrading my laser rifle to the Geotrek AL15, which I had maxed. However, the next one up (Isis LR32) was on sale for a lower price (because it was a loot drop and thus not full tt) and also lower MU (something like 107% as opposed to 120% plus for the Geotrek). This probably reflects the fact that the Geotrek is crafted and the Isis is looted.

One point not so far made is that it is just about always a good idea to use SIB weapons unless your skills are already very high. I believe that there is a possible exception to this for real newbies (300 points or less in rifle), when the Jester D-1 might be a better first buy than the Opalo as the Jester costs less to run and hit probability for beginners is about the same. I'm not sure about that one though.

Looted weapons that you have reasonable skills in may be worth keeping, too.

mobs armor?

some mobs seem to get less dmg from the same rocket launcher then others, I guess some mobs have schrapnell protection, so that ppl won't use them for rocket skilling

Back