Creature Makes a Landing but Barely!!

MindStar9

Self-Requested Deactivation
MindStar9
For those of you who question Creature's piloting ability ... Moonie and I were able to witness first-hand how even trick piloting can still get the spacecraft all snug in its hangar bay without incident ... but barely.

Moonie and I were heading back to CND to take care of some business before returning to the planet for some more Feffs. Ripper was going to accompany us so we all headed for the hangar. Upon arriving near the hangar I asked Rip if it was possible to watch Creature land the spacecraft, and of course he said "SURE" ... so we positioned ourselves at a distance with a clear view of the hangar. Rip said that "C" was at CND and getting ready to launch, so we focused our eyes on the sky and waited for "C" to make his approach.

All of a sudden we saw the top of the hangar open up in preparation for the landing ...

1CLanding.jpg

Sometimes I wonder about Creature ... seems he wanted to play "Top Gun" or something bcuz in an instant, there he was doing a "fly by" and clearly too far left of the hangar. Wait ... are those training wheels and bumper pads? Also, I have NO clue where Moonie disappeared to.

2CLanding.jpg

I guess all's well that ends well bcuz Creature somehow managed to maneuver the spacecraft around to the front of the hangar and back that piece of metal up into its proper space. Not sure where Moonie disappeared to before but he was running back to catch the final descent into the hangar.

3CLanding.jpg

Prior to taking off for CND, I asked "C" if we could take a direct route, but I don't think he was paying attention to me. He and Ripper were going at it again for some reason. OH how I miss the company of those two nutbars, but I love them both.

We managed to make a safe landing at CND without incident or sidetrips, so that was a good thing. Despite the "Top Gun Wannabe" ... I would still highly recommend "C" as the most qualified pilot ... at least for entertainment value for sure. ;)

Thx "C" and Rip for taking care of us ... much appreciated.

EDIT: Creature's new nickname is now "Fly Boy" :wise:

==============================​

... THE END ...

Discussion Here

Last edited:
Back