FYI: Cyrene - failure to oganize the TEN event

Status
Do you live in the real world or some mythical wonderful place where god made everyone equal and you get things just for being unique and special?

Maybe you should realise that girts has put more time, money and effort into PE than you currently (and likely will ever) have put into it. Some people get more because they're lucky, some because they try, and some because that's the way of the world.

Pray tell, why exactly should you have equal chance to get one of the best armour pieces in game? (Oh and I assume you would want this event to be free, too, sir?)

Miss the point, much?

If MA actually had lower level events that lower level players had a chance of winning, no one would be complaining. It's bad business to ignore 80% of your playerbase. Understand?

Miss the point, much?

If MA actually had lower level events that lower level players had a chance of winning, no one would be complaining. It's bad business to ignore 80% of your playerbase. Understand?

You do realize that there is no loot on forum, you actually have to do stuff in game to get loot.

Miss the point, much?

there has been low lvl mayhem categories.. but some ubers have multible avatars for those also.. how are u supposed to beat a mod merc user in category 1.. i think last time a known secondary avatar beat the second with what 10k points or something

there has been low lvl mayhem categories.. but some ubers have multible avatars for those also.. how are u supposed to beat a mod merc user in category 1.. i think last time a known secondary avatar beat the second with what 10k points or something

Buy (or rent) a mod merc. Actually, I think Deathifier was selling the roman ram purifier prototype...

Also, MF skills don't count, and you can use dot chips for extra dps.

Buy (or rent) a mod merc. Actually, I think Deathifier was selling the roman ram purifier prototype...

Better lit your cigar with real money than using this weapon... or you like when its hurts.... hurts harrrrrrddddd (your wallet)

In Cyrene HUB big money, gear, avatar skills and uber weapons are completely and utterly worthless.
This is unique in EU. The next runner-up is Ancient Greece that allows only one armor, no ranged weapons and only a limited number of melee weapons. In AG you will keep all your skills thou.

This makes the whole conversation about making an event "to please few ubers" a total nonsense, doncha think?

I get it most ppl here never visited the HUB? - That's OK, i'm not much into the PvP either.
Can't be bothered to read up what's the Cyrene TEN Event all about? - Please, don't bother to post either.

Girtsn is right, there has to be TEN event, and the time is running out.
But the rest of you... clueless like forum fighters. :smoke:

Miss the point, much?

miss the point much?
troll much?
lack basic intelligence much?

1. it is a pvp event where skills and gear matter a lot less than in other areas in the game, as fifth said
2. girtsn wants to complete his armour set, complete, possibly by buying of another lower skilled avatar.
3. if higher level players dont have a reason to play, why spend money, buy gear?
4. if higher level play dont have a reason to spend money why would they deposit?
5. if higher level players dont buy lower level players stuff then the economy of the game will take a hit.
6. if lower end players cant sell their stuff why play, why spend, why deposit?
7. if lower level players dont have a reason to skill up, why play, spend, deposit?

it is one thing to be critical, and you may think you are a pretty cool forum warrior, but it helps to actually think before you open your mouth or the only place you will be making sense is in your own mind.
alternatively you could play more, troll less...

Exactly - in older Mayhems you could see a few foerippers and similar weapons in cat1 and cat2 which in a normal situation would be a serious overkill and unreal... So the regular playerbase loses most of the times anyway.

Although it's not necessarily multiple avatars - it's just who your friends are... If you can borrow mod merc, foe or whatever w/o collateral on the spot - it's all that matters.

There is no such thing as fair events. Either most skilled, most hardcore or the richest win or it will most likely be a lottery with totally random winners. The only contest where an average player (with limited, time, budget, skills, gear and willingness to participate) could win would be a lottery drawing. But remember since there are many of you, your chance of winning are tending to zero anyway. So unless you expect MA to hand out freebie gear to half the EU population, "contests for the average playerbase" is complete and utter bullshit. Start living in the real world ZPF. Some as in real life - there are very few lottery winners, but most have to work hard to be successful.

P.S. only place where an average EU player could win over ubers would be a creative event - for example design a mob, make a movie etc. But than again - you need real life skills and abilities for those too.

Last edited:
miss the point much?
troll much?

1. it is a pvp event where skills and gear matter a lot less than in other areas in the game, as fifth said
2. girtsn wants to complete his armour set, complete, possibly by buying of another lower skilled avatar.
3. if higher level players dont have a reason to play, why spend money, buy gear?
4. if higher level play dont have a reason to spend money why would they deposit?
5. if higher level players dont buy lower level players stuff then the economy of the game will take a hit.
7. if lower level players dont have a reason to skill up, why play, spend, deposit?

it is one thing to be critical, and you may think you are a pretty cool forum warrior, but it helps to actually think before you open your mouth or the only place you will be making sense is in your own mind.

Yes I'm aware of the Cyrene PvP event. You named one single small exception to a much bigger problem. Congratulations.

And you managed to do it while sounding smug, self-righteous, and again missing the point. Bonus points for you.

I'm not against the constant influx of events designed solely for the top 10-20% of the playerbase. That's fine with me. The problem is that those are the ONLY kind of events we ever see. Aside from one exception on Cyrene and lower level Mayhem (which as people have said, is dominated by alt avatars).

There needs to be "some" diversity. Otherwise, why should low level and mid level players even play? Should they play with the sole purpose of grinding and cycling 10000s of PED so they can someday be included? Events are one of the most exciting aspects of EU. And they're almost universally making 80% of the playerbase feel insignificant and left out. And you think that's good business?

Last edited:
Miss the point, much?

Naaaaa I feel it's you who is missing the point lil' buddy.

The key TEN event (of which girts is asking for) is the main event of the year for each PP. Caly, RT, Ark have all provided theirs and the big items have appeared. Cyrene has not provided their keynote event. Now, this causes problems (aforementioned) in the case of incomplete armour sets. Cyrene needs (before the end of the year, and that's pretty unlikely now) to provide their keynote event.

This is what girts is asking for and it's a completely reasonable (and logical) request.

What you are apparently asking for is this event to be "dumbed down" so that every common nooby has a chance of winning... a piece of Chronicle TEN. A 10k+ armour piece. This is unfair (if you can't see why then it's beyond me).

I have absolutely no problem with events based around the lower skilled, with relative prizes. It is not fair to give top-end prizes without top-end competition. All you do is dilute the market, make the whole game into a gambling-fest and basically erode confidence in your top spenders.

You say MA are ignoring 80% of their playerbase with high-skill events. Perhaps. But what about if we change players as the counter and switch that to pedspend? I would expect a reversal of that figure to the nth degree - to the state that MA are catering for 99% of their turnover with these big events, and ignoring 1%.

Noobs don't give money (as much) into the system. Yes its vital for MA to capture and retain new players, but it's also vital they do not piss off / lose their biggest income. Noobs have plenty of missions, events, places to discover, etc etc etc. Veterans do not have this - they've completed a lot of the game, they are hungering for new items to discover/win and stronger mobs. This is what keeps the PE economy going, constant striving to be better and spending money to achieve that.

But of course, you're going to come back with the argument that NO! You should have a chance of winning the 50k item. Of course you should. You're speshhhal! :girl::girl::girl:

Naaaaa I feel it's you who is missing the point lil' buddy.

The key TEN event (of which girts is asking for) is the main event of the year for each PP. Caly, RT, Ark have all provided theirs and the big items have appeared. Cyrene has not provided their keynote event. Now, this causes problems (aforementioned) in the case of incomplete armour sets. Cyrene needs (before the end of the year, and that's pretty unlikely now) to provide their keynote event.

This is what girts is asking for and it's a completely reasonable (and logical) request.

What you are apparently asking for is this event to be "dumbed down" so that every common nooby has a chance of winning... a piece of Chronicle TEN. A 10k+ armour piece. This is unfair (if you can't see why then it's beyond me).

I have absolutely no problem with events based around the lower skilled, with relative prizes. It is not fair to give top-end prizes without top-end competition. All you do is dilute the market, make the whole game into a gambling-fest and basically erode confidence in your top spenders.

You say MA are ignoring 80% of their playerbase with high-skill events. Perhaps. But what about if we change players as the counter and switch that to pedspend? I would expect a reversal of that figure to the nth degree - to the state that MA are catering for 99% of their turnover with these big events, and ignoring 1%.

Noobs don't give money (as much) into the system. Yes its vital for MA to capture and retain new players, but it's also vital they do not piss off / lose their biggest income. Noobs have plenty of missions, events, places to discover, etc etc etc. Veterans do not have this - they've completed a lot of the game, they are hungering for new items to discover/win and stronger mobs. This is what keeps the PE economy going, constant striving to be better and spending money to achieve that.

But of course, you're going to come back with the argument that NO! You should have a chance of winning the 50k item. Of course you should. You're speshhhal! :girl::girl::girl:

Read what I just said, carefully. I could care less about the Cyrene event. My point is these " events based around the lower skilled, with relative prizes " are either ineffective or nonexistent.

"Noobs have plenty of missions, events, places to discover, etc etc etc."

Right... and after they do that, they're now top end players? Lmfao. No. The game basically ends for them after that unless they chose to deposit 10k USD. And we all know the quest/mission system is currently a joke. It's not entertaining. It's an utterly lifeless addition to an utterly lifeless grinding system.

Please provide me some examples of the countless "noob events" that are available currently in EU.

Again, you all need to stop whining about your precious high grade items. I don't care. I did not say ignore the 1%. Check your narcissism for one second. This isn't about you. Nowhere did I suggest a reversal of the situation. All I'm saying is, the 99% are getting left out, they're getting pissed, they're bored, they're quitting, and that's bad business.

Read what I just said, carefully. I could care less about the Cyrene event. My point is these " events based around the lower skilled, with relative prizes " are either ineffective or nonexistent.

I'm gonna go ahead and assume you mean you couldn't care less here. Perhaps you should write more carefully before requesting people to read more carefully.

Again, you all need to stop whining about your precious high grade items. I don't care. I did not say ignore the 1%. Check your narcissism for one second. This isn't about you. Nowhere did I suggest a reversal of the situation. All I'm saying is, the 99% are getting left out, they're getting pissed, they're bored, they're quitting, and that's bad business.

Again, perhaps you should be more careful. My point is that for the people who high-end events cater, that is 99% of MAs income. Those who can't/don't participate will generally deposit far, far less and spend it much, much slower.

Somehow you've managed to lump me into girts' bracket. I'm honoured, but I'm much more of a casual member here. I do not and likely will never be able to compete in any major PE event. I don't have the money or time. Do I think there should be more events based on my skill level? Nah. I'm not fussed.

If you don't like grinding, you picked the wrong game. The whole concept is based on this. How exactly do you think the top players win the events? 40 hours of mutant zombies is typically what I'd class as.. grinding.

I'm starting to think you might be an idiot...

I'm gonna go ahead and assume you mean you couldn't care less here. Perhaps you should write more carefully before requesting people to read more carefully.

Again, perhaps you should be more careful. My point is that for the people who high-end events cater, that is 99% of MAs income. Those who can't/don't participate will generally deposit far, far less and spend it much, much slower.

Somehow you've managed to lump me into girts' bracket. I'm honoured, but I'm much more of a casual member here. I do not and likely will never be able to compete in any major PE event. I don't have the money or time. Do I think there should be more events based on my skill level? Nah. I'm not fussed.

I'm starting to think you might be an idiot...

Your mentality exemplifies the problem and why EU hasn't and will never truly take off at this rate. Continuing to focus ONLY on high end players and ignoring everyone and everything else... What incentive is there for the lower end players to keep playing or keep depositing then? You seem to think ignoring my point and wasting everyone's time doesn't make you an idiot. I beg to differ. Not once did I say the needs of higher end players shouldn't be met. That has nothing to do with anything I'm saying. How on earth can you be so dense?

If you need me to explain things to you in a more simplified manner, PM me.

Edit:

If you don't like grinding, you picked the wrong game. The whole concept is based on this. How exactly do you think the top players win the events? 40 hours of mutant zombies is typically what I'd class as.. grinding.

This is a whole 'nother problem. For a separate thread :)

Further Edit:

Aside from the "grind" aspect, events foster a sense of community, camaraderie, and healthy competition, they often advance the dynamic storyline of Entropia Universe, and that's what sets them apart from "Iron Missions" and the like. You may personally think that it's fine and dandy that these such things be reserved for only 5-10% of the player base to enjoy. I respectfully disagree. The newbie missions and whatnot were a good start, but this is still a poor and extremely short-sighted business model.

Last edited:
And I will say that people like you are bringing the game down.
  • You're one of those who screams about no events for beginner level, but when there is one, based on luck and you don't win you complain again that it should be based on skills or what not.
  • You're one of those who doesn't even play, your global count speaks for itself. Yet you have an opinion what the game you don't care to play should be working.
  • You're a person who comes to a guys who isn't given a chance complete an expensive armor set because a planet partner and/or MA are too lazy and say that I should not get it just because you can
  • You don't realize (or you do and thats your agenda) that if noobs are given better chances to loot good stuff, then people start to abuse it by creating noob avatars something that is really killing the game
  • You just don't get that if there is no uber state to reach, there is no incentive to play. If all there is is an equal chance for all to earn some peds, it's just a very boring lottery with no goal. You deserve better chances if you invest time/effort/money. That's how real life works, and I think Entropia tries to follow the same idea.
Finally, guess I (again) forgot about this one.
"Don't argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."
People please stop this offtopic this thread is about the fact that the last TEN event with an armor part to drop is overdue for 9 months. Babies are made quicker than this event.
Your mentality exemplifies the problem and why EU hasn't and will never truly take off at this rate.

This will be fun :)

And I will say that people like you are bringing the game down.
  • You're one of those who screams about no events for beginner level, but when there is one, based on luck and you don't win you complain again that it should be based on skills or what not.
    I didn't participate. This isn't about me. Stop assuming everyone is a narcissist just because you and all your friends are :) Try reading at least half of what I wrote. Skill based events are fine. We need more events that more people can compete in with relative rewards. Wasn't there a planetwide TP run event long ago? Why don't we see more stuff like this? "Event" doesn't always have to mean 40 hours of grinding and MOD FAP as the prize.
  • You're one of those who doesn't even play, your global count speaks for itself. Yet you have an opinion what the game you don't care to play should be working.
    I'm allowed to have an opinion. Good luck trying to stop me. "Playing" doesn't mean cycling 1000 peds a day for me. I can enjoy the game in my own way. Globals are meaningless to me.
  • You're a person who comes to a guys who isn't given a chance complete an expensive armor set because a planet partner and/or MA are too lazy and say that I should not get it just because you can

I hope you get your armor set. I hope your event happens. Best of luck. I don't know why you're fabricating lies about me instead of trying to grasp what I'm saying. Clearly you haven't read any of it if this is what you think.
  • You don't realize (or you do and thats your agenda) that if noobs are given better chances to loot good stuff, then people start to abuse it by creating noob avatars something that is really killing the game

"Relative rewards". And I'm sure MA can find a way around this. Use your imagination :)
  • You just don't get that if there is no uber state to reach, there is no incentive to play. If all there is is an equal chance for all to earn some peds, it's just a very boring lottery with no goal. You deserve better chances if you invest time/effort/money. That's how real life works, and I think Entropia tries to follow the same idea.

The incentive to play is to have fun. Not everyone plays so they can satisfy their ego and call themselves ub3r. You just don't get that you can't attract a playerbase based solely on a dream that can only be achieved by an enormous monetary commitment. It's a bonus, sure, but initially people are attracted to a game because it's entertaining.
Finally, guess I (again) forgot about this one.
"Don't argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."
People please stop this offtopic this thread is about the fact that the last TEN event with an armor part to drop is overdue for 9 months. Babies are made quicker than this event.

This will be my last post. Sorry your thread was so derailed, I was only addressing accusations made against me and speaking my opinion :)

Glad to see few more people realized Cyrene event was an attempt to create an event where 10 year old uber and 1 day noob would actually have equal chances. At least something good came out of this thread.

Regretfully, something like this isn't possible in PvE type events. It's either restricted to PvP only or there will be huge problems starting with alts ending with unbalancing the whole economy.

Anyway, the idea was perfect, 1st time ever we would have a perfectly fair event in EU. Even the biggest whiner would not be able to say there was anything unfair in it.

To be precise, one might have slightly better chances with the best gear possible that's allowed inside HUB (eg Five Star Stunna, etc). Then again, it's no problem for anyone to get this stuff for tokens earned inside HUB.

But, when it's almost ready ofc MA has to drop the ball, by not fixing a few minor remaining problems.
Now, think about it - if the engine can lower or rise the skills correctly in some cases, but fails with some other - u quite obviously can't blame it on "engine level restrictions". Technically they could do it, they simply choose not to.
Why? Some food for thought...

Better late than never. Sad that MA finally gave up trying to fix the issue because they couldn't replicate it.

From personal experience I've seen code work perfectly on some machines only for one to through a spanner in the works and do something completely unexpected.

Most of the arguments in this thread have been an issue with events in EU for as long as I've been around and probably longer with the same points being made each time and I doubt we'll ever see the end of them.

tbh the only events that I remember when I started consisted of a few extra spawns of robots and no prizes it was just something to take part in for the hell of it but there wasn't as much money riding on your successes or failures.

Last edited:
I think ZPF point makes perfect sense...

miss the point much?
troll much?

...and most of your post is trolling frankly...having more events for many different levels like MM where upper level players are restricted from playing...uber items are locked to player by some date through event to prevent people alting it are all reasonably possible...Smilgs has a reasonable point as well...but doesn't have a right to demand Cyrene have an event...it is what it is...EU is dynamic...sometimes good sometimes bad...

Brick

Another month, another bump :(

more bumps...

bump for this morning

Bump it up right now

Lets give 1st and 2nd place to whoever can kill the most of thier friends the fastest in 48 hours bump.

bump it up right now!!!

bump it up right now!!!

Bump it up right now

bump for injustice

Status
Back