Damage Enchancers - Anyway to calculate eco?

NoBion

Elite
Society
Freelancer
NoBion Nob Andersen
Hi all

So im wondering if anyone have come up with a guideline calculation or anything like that in how much of an impact putting dmg enchancers on weapons have?

I got a weapon which i can apply 9 x dmg enchancers to. most of the dmg enchancers cost around 450%. Maybe someone figured out what they should cost to be worth while :scratch2:

Trying not to go piste, but I was having a similar conversation with a soc mate and he said I should be looking at accuracy enhancers rather than damage enhancers. I have no idea, because I would always have gone for damage enhancers.

Hi all

So im wondering if anyone have come up with a guideline calculation or anything like that in how much of an impact putting dmg enchancers on weapons have?

I got a weapon which i can apply 9 x dmg enchancers to. most of the dmg enchancers cost around 450%. Maybe someone figured out what they should cost to be worth while :scratch2:

depends on the gun, low dmg gun will have lower overall eco then high dmg gun when both used with dmg enhancers

(Avarage dmg on your gun dmg enh mounted x 100) =y
(Cost from entropedia with enh equiped x 100 ) = x
(Numbers of tiers x TT dmg enh typed in pec x Mu) / avarage breakrate~21) = z
Y /( X+z) = new dpp after dmg enh decuted.

Ive played around with tons of guns, m83 is by far the best for Using dmg enh, still my tests are based on my crit adding gear. But even with mk2 scope + laser the best you could hope for in dmg enh after m83 is even money Come too dpp.
Mm and imk2 was at that lvl.

Last edited:
Damage enhancers do not increase economy of weapons base stats.

Accuracy enhancers does increase economy of weapons base stats.

Damage enhancers amp up the cost per shot from weapon stats.

Accuracy enhancers amp up the crit hit ability from weapon stats.

Damage enhancers do not increase economy of weapons base stats.

Accuracy enhancers does increase economy of weapons base stats.

Damage enhancers amp up the cost per shot from weapon stats.

Accuracy enhancers amp up the crit hit ability from weapon stats.

Thanks Mark - and I don't mean to take over the thread - but does this mean that where we are trying to achieve lets say a higher kill rate then should use accuracy rather than damage?

Thanks Mark - and I don't mean to take over the thread - but does this mean that where we are trying to achieve lets say a higher kill rate then should use accuracy rather than damage?

No. And accuracy enhancers dont give you eco either, unless you get them for free. And no, crafting them doesn't count because the markup you lost by not selling them is also costing you.

The rules I go by is only use damage enhancers on.

1. High regain mobs
2. High armor decay mobs
3. When I am playing the lotto at a shared loot event.

Numbers 1 and 2 are for the sake of saving armor decay ,taking less shots to bring down or saving on healing cost. Some could argue that I am hunting out of my level when I use them for this but hey got to have some fun.

I have tried a few accuracy enhancers and personally do not see not extra crit hits when using them but I did not do a big test to actually see . Naturally any program is going to say more crit chance is more damage but is it enough to offset the cost I am not so sure.

Just my :twocents:

No. And accuracy enhancers dont give you eco either, unless you get them for free. And no, crafting them doesn't count because the markup you lost by not selling them is also costing you.

Yeah, I remember someone did some tests and the acc enhancers were not really paying for themselves. But I don't remember what gun he used. I believe it really comes down to what you are using and if you use other "buffing" items.

I was doing quite decent with T7 Vincent DPS , with Earthshock trooper armor and acc enhancers.
I believe I would do even better with crit scope/ laser and now ares rings..

But I would not use them on Handgun for example :)

Well, would love to see some real numbers from someone.

Just so to clarify this point for you. Kill rate has nothing to do with economic killing. Kill rate just means how fast you are killing a certain mob or how many are killed within a timed duration of say 1 hour. In 1 hour my achievable kill rate on say Proteron Young was 20 for example, 20 was based on DPS from my hunting setup. Kill rate is based solely on Damage Per Second. Now this can either be done economically or not. It all boils down to what you want to achieve with enhancers whether more dmg and dps or maybe killing more economically, more (extra) dmg for pec spent.

Last edited:
Yeah, I remember someone did some tests and the acc enhancers were not really paying for themselves. But I don't remember what gun he used. I believe it really comes down to what you are using and if you use other "buffing" items.

I was doing quite decent with T7 Vincent DPS , with Earthshock trooper armor and acc enhancers.
I believe I would do even better with crit scope/ laser and now ares rings..

But I would not use them on Handgun for example :)

Well, would love to see some real numbers from someone.
Your statements are all correct. No one should really be using accuracy enhancers unless accompanied with an EST armour set, as this gives free or extra dmg at no additional decay costs. This is economical.

This statement is false. If you honestly think that they are not worth it even when you include TT+MU you obviously are not using the right gear to maximise on their benefits before they are negligible.

No one in their right mind should or would use accuracy enhancers on something as low powered and economical as say a Chon, this is not logical and the best way to use accuracy enhancers are on long range weapons with a large dmg interval, imo for majority of hunters.

Your statements are all correct. No one should really be using accuracy enhancers unless accompanied with an EST armour set, as this gives free or extra dmg at no additional decay costs. This is economical.

This isn't really all that true with all the stacking buffs, rings now.

This statement is false. If you honestly think that they are not worth it even when you include TT+MU you obviously are not using the right gear to maximise on their benefits before they are negligible.

The crit rate effect of accuracy enhancers is microscopic, and last time I checked they had high MU. They are not worth it unless you use them around a heavy crit based build (Earth Shock armor + buffs + rings + etc..).

OP asked to calculate eco with enhancers. I tell you that, without any other buffs, a naked gun is more eco than one using Accuracy Enhancers in general.

The crit rate effect of accuracy enhancers is microscopic, and last time I checked they had high MU. They are not worth it unless you use them around a heavy crit based build (Earth Shock armor + buffs + rings + etc..).

OP asked to calculate eco with enhancers. I tell you that, without any other buffs, a naked gun is more eco than one using Accuracy Enhancers in general.
Indeed and thanks for clarifying my point :p.

Hi all

You could attach 9 damage enhancers and do your own eco test?

Rgds

Ace

depends on the gun, low dmg gun will have lower overall eco then high dmg gun when both used with dmg enhancers

I thought the enhancer break rate is related to the additional damage the enhancer provides???

so while using higher damage interval guns, the damage increased is higher but the break rate would be higher too compare to using lower damage interval guns where the damage increased is lower but the break rate is lower too.

I thought the enhancer break rate is related to the additional damage the enhancer provides???

Each guns have set breakrate of uses. For example x800 breaks 1 enh per 2600 shots per slot, MM breaks like 1/2100, amp attached is irrelevant

so while using higher damage interval guns, the damage increased is higher but the break rate would be higher too compare to using lower damage interval guns where the damage increased is lower but the break rate is lower too.

Enhancer break rate is dependant on how much it affects gun, yes. But if I put 8 enhancers on an m83 I would break far fewer then if I put 8 on an i2870. As the shots per min are a huge factor here. The damage interval of m83 is higher impacted then the pistol but still yet breaks less enhancers.

Here's one analysis

Pretty hard to make accuracy enhancers economical at high markups, but with the buffs around it's easier than before.

Back