deja vu

Waldi

Guardian
Society
NBK
Zan Waldi Dariel
How far can take us our hope?

Doesn´t matter with whom i talk, everybody is looking into a great future...
Is this what they realy believe? Or is it only self-deception?

When i take a look back, its like a deja vu.

"we have a depression right now":confused:

"player will come back after summer vacation":rolleyes:

"wait for CE2 and a lot of new player will come":)

"after the bugs are fixed, all players will be back":cool:

"calypso will be crowded when SGA starts":D

"the new planets will bring loads of new colonists":yay: - realy?

there are alot of players ingame , but since there are auction houses and tt machines all over the place not som many people in twin anymore.

alot of ppl are grinding mobs to get some sga items , and i meet fresh ppl almost everyday running around the planet.

gear , however is falling in price , cause of irl financial crisis , and ppl waking up from dreams of easy cash on reselling virtual items , and the most important factor , alot of good items have dropped , supply and demand.

the sky is not falling , its not even cloudy :)

cheers and gl

ermik

I'd like to see MA add some 'magnet' places that would attract crowds, it would be more like the old days.
For example, put an auctioneer and a ring at Athena.
Put some wide-open plains by Ithaca, with a popular mob like Atrox on them (the way it used to be).
Put full services at the golf course, inc TP, and put a different mob on every fairway.
Also, take the crafting machines out of the outposts, get people less scattered.
When spaceships return, put the hangars near these centers (Athena again) instead of isolated areas.

When I go to twin it's usually quite crowded. Even more that it used to sometimes. It's just now there's services everywhere so people can just stay out in outposts all day.

Actually, I think you could smack these together a bit and get the real truth...

"When CE2 bugs are fixed (VU10 is complete, moved on to VU11) and planets starts getting implemented we will see more players joining."

Because when VU10 is complete, I belive MA/FPC will start advertizing much more... And when new planets come, these planets will have as their job to bring in new players for their own planets, and ofc some will spread to other parts as well ;)

Hope does`nt lead us anywhere. Action does. Hoping is to sit and wait. I think we just have to "hope" MA and FPC are doing alot more than hoping and in the right areas. It`s such a slow process that all we can do is wait and judge if the timeline is acceptable enough for us. I "hope" that answers your question! :laugh:

Well in IMHO, the potential player pool for a EU style game is quite limited. If you then however piss of a part of people by bugs, disillusion in SGA & such. And on the other hand make the sys requirements so high that 5-10% of your playerbase can't play; you know that the world wont be crowded.

The fact that EU, MA and FPC are virtually unknown in MMo land, together with the very steep learning curve; lack of official game information, low sweat price and unkindness towards weak players (mob got tougher, ava's slower,...) doesn't exactly make a good springboard for newbies to join.

:wtg: MA :rolleyes:
your progress is really dynamic

Don't ya mean deja VU btw? :silly2:

low sweat price and unkindness towards weak players

FPC are working on a new newbie thingy atm to be launched late 2009 to early 2010, CKi says they will have good stuff for new players to get some PED... so might not be a problem later? :D

Don't ya mean deja VU btw? :silly2:

FPC are working on a new newbie thingy atm to be launched late 2009 to early 2010, CKi says they will have good stuff for new players to get some PED... so might not be a problem later? :D

They might consider hurry up, most ppl give a MMO only on try; seeing how much other MMo's there are on the market.
And lets hope they first implement the noob thingy for they start advertising for gods sake

To be quite honest, I don't think that EU is ready for new planets yet. You all have mentioned past and current problems and many are still unresolved. When the new planets drop, MA is going to have to do some advertising to populate the worlds with new players and if they see that the game annoys them in any way, there's a pretty good chance that they won't stick around. Like Deity said, there are tons of other MMO's and if they join EU and see that things are broken and loot generally is horrendous, they will just leave and join another.

And it's a bad cycle too, because if some person joins and then leaves EU for above reasons, they could tell their RL or VL friends not to play because they thought it was awful.

We just have to pray that MA kicks it into overdrive with the new planets. Sometimes I don't think they know how important it is that the planets enter the scene looking fucking good. EU is hardly known at all in the world of MMO's, and I would like to see that change. Because I know that EU is better than that stupid WoW or Guild Wars. :wtg:

I've said it 99324 times... FPC and MA need to interact more with us. They need to bounce ideas off of us. Right now it's like getting a ride from a blind taxi driver. "Is this where you wanna go?" "We just crashed into a brick wall kthx" :eek:

I do believe that in the coming months/year we will see a bigger inflow of new players again. When the summer arravies we should have gotten many news things (i hope). The new planets, features and more advertising should should kick up some more "buzz" and draw more players.

When the new planets drop, MA is going to have to do some advertising to populate the worlds with new players

No they won't, that is the job of the planet partners themselves ;) at least according to previous MA/FPC/PP info :D

lol... you are ok man! the answer probably is no! however, we want to be dreamers almost all time :laugh:

Hope dies last. ;)

No they won't, that is the job of the planet partners themselves ;) at least according to previous MA/FPC/PP info :D

Yeah that's what I meant really, you're right.

lol the new planets will bring shit loads of new colonists.. to the new planets.. not the old one :)

"new" colonists for other planets who left their odl stinky rock for a better fortune and luck.... that is why we came to Calypso at the first place.. now with the opening of new frontiers.. we will all go there I think :) woho!

I am really sceptical abotu the "new" flows of new players.... cough they are proably "close" relatives of the old players.

hehehe

noobs getting big hofs and uber items when they hardly play will bring in lots of new noobs!

Back