Do enhancers enhance?

Pallas Gaudio

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Pallas Gaudio
Just thought I would try out a skill enhancer on a finder and a damage enhancer on a weapon. Can't for the life of me see any difference in results, not I suppose that their effects would be particularly noticeable.

What, if anything, should one expect to see?

Just thought I would try out a skill enhancer on a finder and a damage enhancer on a weapon. Can't for the life of me see any difference in results, not I suppose that their effects would be particularly noticeable.

What, if anything, should one expect to see?

what levels are those enhancers?

re: the skill enhancer, are you maxed on the item you ehanced? in you are not maxed, you should see an improvement on your item stats (avg depth on a finder), according to your enhanced skills.

re: the dmg enhancer, well, your weapon now does more dmg in average (see the stats of the item). if it is a level I enhancer, the increase is small, yes. also, the enhancement is a % of the base stats, so the bigger your weapon is, the bigger effect you get from the enhancer, and you'll notice it more easily.

what levels are those enhancers?

I

re: the dmg enhancer, well, your weapon now does more dmg in average (see the stats of the item). if it is a level I enhancer, the increase is small, yes. also, the enhancement is a % of the base stats, so the bigger your weapon is, the bigger effect you get from the enhancer, and you'll notice it more easily.

Thanks. I've looked at the stats now and I see that there is a stated gain - it's just that I hadn't noticed anything when firing - if anything I seemed to be having less effect on mobs!! :D

Just for the record, I am: 20 on Ranged Laser (Dmg) and 24 on Laser Sniper (Hit), Inflict Ranged Damage 1819, Rifle 3519.

I'm using an ISIS LR48(L) (OK, I know, an inefficient gun for my (Dmg) level).

The enhancer added: Damage Burn 91.0 (original), 98.9 (with enhancer); DamageInterval/Max 23.3-46.5/46.5-93.00 (original) 25.2-50.5/50.5-100.9 (with enhancer)

Naturally enough, the enhancer had been working without problems, but I removed it to check the stats, replaced it - and the next shot it broke! :rolleyes:

I won't be replacing it.

re: the skill enhancer, are you maxed on the item you ehanced? in you are not maxed, you should see an improvement on your item stats (avg depth on a finder), according to your enhanced skills.

I have 3400 on Surveying. The enhancer was attached to a Ziplex Mt1000 MatterSeeker(L).

I hadn't realised that the effect of this would be to make my average search depth narrower: 699.7/850.8 (without) to 720.8/850.8 (with). So I won't be using this again.

Just for the record, I am: 20 on Ranged Laser (Dmg) and 24 on Laser Sniper (Hit), Inflict Ranged Damage 1819, Rifle 3519.

I'm using an ISIS LR48(L) (OK, I know, an inefficient gun for my (Dmg) level).

The enhancer added: Damage Burn 91.0 (original), 98.9 (with enhancer); DamageInterval/Max 23.3-46.5/46.5-93.00 (original) 25.2-50.5/50.5-100.9 (with enhancer)
Wow, what a big ass ineficiency. I know you know you're hunting inefectively, but is SIB that important to you that you even throw in enhancers to increase your penalization?

Wow, what a big ass ineficiency. I know you know you're hunting inefectively, but is SIB that important to you that you even throw in enhancers to increase your penalization?

:D

I know.

Essentially I'm not a hunter - I'm a miner without armour who kills things when they get in the way or I really get bored. So in a way, hunting inefficiency isn't much of a problem - it's not a huge part of my turnover.

All the same, it was my big mistake when I bought the gun. I'm going through with it, but regret not having my old set-up.

When I did something similar a year or so back with a matter seeker finder, I actually got proportionately much bigger finds - I was vaguely hoping that something similar might happen about loots :)

On the 'is it that important to you' - the answer is 'no'. This was just an experiment - and I'm not repeating it.

Ok :).

A few years ago, before the L finders, there was a time where you could already get SIB in 105 finders. I used to use 105s during the SIB period, and i must confess, it felt like the result in terms of find size was not that great. But perhaps it was only a feeling though, as the PED card continued to grow, lol..

Back