Do enhancers help?

Superhal

Prowler
I've been using enhancers off and on since they came out, and I'm still not sure if they actually help. The issue is their cost. It seems to me that no matter what the enhancer seems to do, when it breaks, whatever gain you got is lost. Also, it seems that enhancer cost is not included in loot returns, and MU of the enhancer is definitely a non-factor. On top of this cost, there's the accelerated decay. This double tax seems to kill whatever gain you have, and seems to result in lower returns.

I've been using enhancers off and on since they came out, and I'm still not sure if they actually help. The issue is their cost. It seems to me that no matter what the enhancer seems to do, when it breaks, whatever gain you got is lost. Also, it seems that enhancer cost is not included in loot returns, and MU of the enhancer is definitely a non-factor. On top of this cost, there's the accelerated decay. This double tax seems to kill whatever gain you have, and seems to result in lower returns.

how many times did you use "it seems"...?? i have highlighted it for you :p

it does not matter what "it seems", it matter what you can calculate. go and calculate the extra cost due to those enhancers you're using (value 1). then, go and calculate what savings you get by using them (value 2).

if value 1 > value 2, then stop using those specific enhancers.

for example, you have an unL SIB handgun with eco 2.85 and 40 avg dmg/sec. using I-IV dmg enhancers, you get to 60 dmg/sec, but you lower your eco to 2.70 (rough numbers, assuming 1k average uses and 500% MU). this means a ~5% loss in eco, so a hunting run of 500 peds spent, you pay 25 peds extra for using those enhancers.

depending on the mob you hunt, raising the dmg/sec from 40 to 60 will definitely lower your defensive cost, but how much? more than 25 peds? less? you get the idea...

Thanks for your post Jdegre :)

how many times did you use "it seems"...?? i have highlighted it for you :p

it does not matter what "it seems", it matter what you can calculate. go and calculate the extra cost due to those enhancers you're using (value 1). then, go and calculate what savings you get by using them (value 2).

if value 1 > value 2, then stop using those specific enhancers.

for example, you have an unL SIB handgun with eco 2.85 and 40 avg dmg/sec. using I-IV dmg enhancers, you get to 60 dmg/sec, but you lower your eco to 2.70 (rough numbers, assuming 1k average uses and 500% MU). this means a ~5% loss in eco, so a hunting run of 500 peds spent, you pay 25 peds extra for using those enhancers.

depending on the mob you hunt, raising the dmg/sec from 40 to 60 will definitely lower your defensive cost, but how much? more than 25 peds? less? you get the idea...

hi jdegre,

how would i go about calculating the eco of a weapon with enhancers attached? i want to use entropiedia's weapon compare but i don't know what i put into the enhancer cost box..

hi jdegre,

how would i go about calculating the eco of a weapon with enhancers attached? i want to use entropiedia's weapon compare but i don't know what i put into the enhancer cost box..

you can always use the sweat or ammo clips trick in tt to determine the exact decay with and without using the enhancers

you can always use the sweat or ammo clips trick in tt to determine the exact decay with and without using the enhancers

oh, so they ALL increase base decay? I didn't know that. Was using entropedia and saw that only dmg and eco enhancers have "cost change"... guess it's not the same thing then?

Quite easy. You have to know how often your enhancers break in the longterm. For example, for me that number is 1 enhancer per 1 tier per 1000 shots.
Now the weapon compare tool is about 1 shot. 1/1000*80*500%=0.4
80 = tt value of a dmg enhancer in pecs

Take care, you have to add 0.4 per tier used in the case described.

hi jdegre,

oh, so they ALL increase base decay? I didn't know that. Was using entropedia and saw that only dmg and eco enhancers have "cost change"... guess it's not the same thing then?

Think your correct that only the damage and eco enhancers changes base decay but I can be wrong as I have only tested those

okay, i think i get it..

but these are just predictions aren't they.. there's no saying they will last that long.. so the only way to calculate true eco would be to do the calculations *after* the hunt.. by just adding total cost of the enhancers to the hunt cost

do you get a message when an enhancer level empties out? if not, only way to make sure you're not guessing is to stock up enough to make sure you don't run out at all on ur run.

Back