Do Signs need to be fully repaired?

Fade

Stalker
Society
Masters of Chaos Chat
Caldonicus Fade Lore
I did do some searching before posting...

I bought a cheap text sign...just to play with, to see how they work.

But I keep putting ped on it to repair it.. up to about 80 now I think... and it still can't be used or even dropped because it says the TT value is too low (full tt is aobut 150).

That was not what I bargained for ... literally!

So, do signs need to be fully repaired to use them? Or is this a buggy sign?

Is this a big money grab by MA? Call me cheap....

I think condition limit is 90% :(

I think its bad too..

I have a couple of screens myself just lying around in my inv... damn that 90% condition limit...

I think condition limit is 90% :(

I think its bad too..

i don't know what condition (%) is needed to have signs working but i don't like that too

Only (pc) signs/screens/displays need to be repaired to at least 90%.

There are signs/screens/displays that are non (pc) and can be used with 3% tt value but obviously you can only use the MA catalogue of background pictures on those, not custom ones uploaded by yourself.

Hope this helps.

Jamhot

Hmmm.. can anyone tell me a little about this sign then...so I can decide if it is even worth my time and peds to mess with this...

I.e. Does it only work on owned property? (all I gots is apartments)

Can I put it on the ground next to me? (I doubt it...but was willing to spend 10 ped to try). If so, can it be picked up by others?

Can I wear it on my back? (k, I know the answer to this one, but that would be cool)

It is a PC sign... looks small and long... is that text only?

Thx

1. Yes sign can only be operated by you on property owned by you ie. apt/shop/hangar whatever.

2. Yes you can put it on ground next you, well not on the floor, but on a wall or a tree or something. Yes if placed in public it can be picked up by anyone, just as anything thats placed down in public. You will get the warning beforehand, that states 'anything placed in public can be picked up by anyone do you wish to proceed.

3. No, but hey that would cool huh. THE END IS NEAR sandwich boards lol!

4. No it's not text only, with a (pc) screen you can have your own custom pictures uploaded to the screen. For example if you brought the screen to me, i can put the magazine The Calypso Post on it.

all the best,

Jamhot

There is technical advice on how to create your own pictures in EU in the Participant Guide link on the top of the EU login page -look under Ads (!). In addition Ido has done a very clear and helpful step by step guide; you can find this at the start of the Art section of this Forum. Lots of interesting ideas on ways of creating PC artwork are illustrated in the player artwork in the Museum of Fine Arts- see below. Have fun :)

I wonder if I could use this to greet noobs at PA... to suggest a TP run/ and a basics class....sometimes noobs seem to struggle with even seeing things in chat ;)

But crud! if I have to repair it to 150 ped or so, and have posted about it here... I would be an easy mark for someone to sneak up behind me and steal my sign.

aaaaawwwwww shuuuks.

Tried to help 4 noobs today there... what a freakin nightmare ;)

Back