Question: Do you like the new hunting loot distribution?

Do you like the new hunting loot distribution?

• I don't know

Votes: 33 28.9%
  • YES, more loots please

Votes: 68 59.6%
  • NO, bring back no loots

Votes: 13 11.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I haven't noticed. I usually only hunt mobs with high regen and low no-loot rates anyway.

Well to put some figures on the table: just did a run on small Argos ( p5a + A105 full amp run ) 13 no-looters.
Recorded variance in the past ( i didn'T write down the no-looters, my logparser just give them out, so as far as i remember ) was around 30-80. Looks not bad so far

Will be intresting to see if the number and size of HOFs have decreased.

Did another run - same setup, same Place : more no-looter: 23 still nod bad, though i'm sure if the initially stated 10% are not correct

though i am wondering why it wasn'T mentioned in the release notes

I can't remember MA ever announcing a change to loot distribution, and there have been plenty. It's looking like the hunting 5-figure uber-loots have decreased dramatically recently for instance, I'd guess that and this is most recent change are part of a longer term plan of changes MA are slowly putting in.

I'd love to see MA announcing and sharing some of the reasoning behind the changes with us, but I'd be shocked if it happened. Indeed, when small Atrax/Argo type mobs first started dropping five-figure loots overnight (from a max of about 2k or 3k previously, with five-figure loots only being possible on mobs over a certain HP, about 1000 HP I think but I forget), there were quoted support case responses which denied the loot distribution had changed at all.

Did another run - same setup, same Place : more no-looter: 23 still nod bad, though i'm sure if the initially stated 10% are not correct

I'd expect it to be mob-specific anyway. Can't imagine Hogglos are going to be giving out 10% no-looters.

Oh, one thing I noticed last night: I was mining and got jumped by an atrax. I killed it, and got the smallest bone drop I've ever seen, iirc it was under 15 ped. If no loots are fewer but big hits are smaller, is that a good thing?

edit: did a short run at tukar's argos:
19 killed, 3 no loots...and much more importantly, zero frags.

bah...50% return or so.

edit 2: did a short run of drones:
57 killed
9 no loots
2 frags
profit: ~5ped

edit 3: another run of drones until apis broke:
17 killed
0 no loots
3 frags
+4 tt return

Last edited:
If no loots are fewer but big hits are smaller, is that a good thing?

Smaller losses during bad periods and smaller profits during good periods is much better than the ridiculus ups and downs (extremely bad for a week, then extremely good for a couple of days, etc) that we had at the end of last year.

Smaller losses during bad periods and smaller profits during good periods is much better than the ridiculus ups and downs (extremely bad for a week, then extremely good for a couple of days, etc) that we had at the end of last year.

Seems like returns are same though, just fewer frags/no loots.

I am very happy with this change :yay:.

I suspect it has become harder to global though, which is not necessarily a bad thing. Back when I first started a global pretty much always meant profit, would be nice if we have returned to those days. I guess we'll be able see on tracker pretty soon, although I'm sure the doomsayers will say it's just because there are less active players.

I think on average I am getting better loots now, with larger globals. Though it is nice for 1/1000 players getting a 20000Ped HOF ATH, I do like the idea of 100/1000 getting 200Ped Globals instead. It means better returns for all rather than one player.

My hunting returns since the change actually suck - before the runs on Argos often yielded a 30-40 pedder that made the run break even. Now I am getting 60% returns on the runs since the "large" loots are now 10-15 pedders. Definitely harder to global under the new system.

TBH, I didn't really notice a change, probably because I was hunting a mob that doesn't give a whole lot of no loots anyway....

However, I did vote that I would rather see the "No loot" message. Actually was chatting with a soc m8 about this very thing the other day. At least when you get that "No loot" it's honest. Giving out 18 nova frags for a mob that costs 10 ped to kill is, imo, a sneaky way of putting a "No loot" in there. :bs:

Make nova/blazaar frags part of the "regular" loot window, with other loot, and if there is only going to be frags in the loot window, at least make it mission tokens.

I did 100 argos at Tukar last night, no no-looters. Quite a few fragments but perhaps no more than usual. Haven't finished my ammo yet so don't know how it went overall but felt decent.

I don't think I have gotten any nolooting Atrox since update, maybe one or two :dunno:

Approx. one fragment drop per hunt

Starting as a new player just became a whole lot easier with current loot distribution. And since ubers aren't affected (they hunted mobs that always have loot anyway) I say it's a real improvement.
Exarosaur young, Shinkiba, snablesnots and all the other small mobs are now again huntable! well done Mindark!

Hunted a little, havent noticed a change.

I did a run on small Levi which normally yeild several "No Loots" and at least one descent global every few hundred PED ammo.

I spent 1k PED on ammo and didn't get a single "No Loot".... also didn't get a single global making my losses exponential. One thing is for sure.... the new loot system has decimated the high HP/Low dmg dealt mob hunting for those who seek the HoF swirlies. Even the HoF board last night only displayed about 20% of the usual amount of small Leviathan HoF's.

This change was probably also the reason for my 750 PED loss (after decay and MU) on the 1k PED ammo run of larger Scoria I did 2 days ago on Arkadia. I mean... I understand 1k PED on a mob with 7k HP isn't enough to be considered a "cycle" but to have 0 globals is almost unheard of to say the least..... or should I say.... "Used to be unheard of"......

Maybe they had to make this adjustment to steer people away from the big hof'ing high HP mobs as the introduction of them seems to have been what crashed the smaller oil markets (eye, muscle, spleen, etc.)

OR.... could it be the loot system "binging" in order to "purge" a 1M PED ATH right at the moment of the start of MA's advertising blitz?????????

Menace

Starting as a new player just became a whole lot easier with current loot distribution. And since ubers aren't affected (they hunted mobs that always have loot anyway) I say it's a real improvement.
Exarosaur young, Shinkiba, snablesnots and all the other small mobs are now again huntable! well done Mindark!

If this is the reason they changed it, full marks and keep it as it now is. Kim has remarked on this forum there is a problem with new player retention. This is a good fix for that. As someone who used to hang around 'old' Swamp Camp a lot, I saw how new players would put in $20, come back with $10 after one hunt on Daikiba and log out for good.

As a not at all new player, I now get approx 1 'no loot' in 100 now, and I like it!

I did 100 argos at Tukar last night, no no-looters. Quite a few fragments but perhaps no more than usual. Haven't finished my ammo yet so don't know how it went overall but felt decent.

youngs are comlletly messed up. very few no loters yeah, butreturn is way low. no more minis at leastto me.
judging by the tracker huge decrese on peoplehunting it.

I agree with Coz, I am the afore mentioned person she was talking with. I hate frags alone, its like a kick in the teeth, after sum1's nicked ur wallet, bad example but hey, its 7am. At least a no looter isnt pretending to be anything its not, unlike 15 nova frags!! I mean fair enough it may be good for whatever reason as people have said( it's too early/late to even begin to try and comprehend what most people are posting) but as a matter of principle I want to express my hatred for frags! Therefore i will.

I HATE NOVA AND BLAZAAR FRAGMENTS!!!!!

Well thats out of my system, food, i need food, and......coffee... yes coffee!!!

Thanks for voting. Clearly you can't please everyone. Loots too random and low, people complain of losses. Loots too mediocre and stable, people complain of losses. Some people don't quite get it...

Loot seems like normal 2 me...if u are on a good run,you will maybe finish at 100-120%,if u are on a bad 1,ull finish at 50-60% maximum,so at the end ull have your 85-90% long term return.Had my longest ever hunt last night,stupid only that it was on my bad day,so,even i knew better,i kept hunting,even i havent seen even a mini.I am an idiot for doing so,but thats life...

PS:eek:nly 2 no looters in 600 ped ammo..

Im getting after a 2-3k ped cycle, about 97% return....

Ive never understood how loot is "bad"? Remember MU you pay you dont get back.
Or you arent hunting correctly or at your lvl.

if you hunt drones, new loot better, because more drones with loot = more gaz
if you hunt mobs for items and trying to get more globals (more globals = more chance to loot item with like 30+ peds)

for me better to get one 100 ped global, not 10x10 ped

i am hunt for items, new loot is bad for me (

Last edited:
Back