Donald's Oil Rig Run

Donald

Stalker
Society
Retired
Donald "Don" Cleveland
What this is, is a contest of sorts. Over the course of the next 7 days or so, I shall commit all my efforts in universe, to reaching the Oil Rig, solo.

I do not know how long it will take me, or even if it can be done at all. What will constitute my 'reaching' the rig, will be my surviving long enough beside the infernal thing to have my picture taken with it. Since I shall have to do the photography it shall be doubly dangerous.

I will set out later this evening and arrive... well, it is for YOU to figure out when. The one who comes closest to the correct date and time, which will be evident in the photo, will be the winner. In the event of a tie, the prize will be split! And just what is that prize? Under inspiration of my friend, Hurrikane, the prize will be 2000 efd. How's that? ...just for guessing the correct date and time.

That's it then. So put your thinking caps on and post your best guesses. Guessing can continue through-out the days during which I strive to achieve my goal. Please limit yourself to one and only one guess per day (as indicated by the date and time-stamp on your most recently posted guess.)

Sincerely,
Donald

P.S. If I have not reached my goal by midnight, MA time, next Saturday, I shall just give up altogether and go back to my knitting!

P.S.S. This event shall begin Jun. 10th, 2006.

June 13th, 18:00 MA Time.

Nice little contest.

June 15th 20:00 MA time

+rep for the contest

My bet is that you dont make it, its a rough world out there and there are those stupid PK'ers you have to deal with too...

my guess is 12th 1pmMA time. nice lil comp u got here :)

its not so had to get to the rig. go s from nymph, its a pretty easy run untill you enter pvp lol
when you do get in the area, a circle should appear in your map (if youve not already got it) to indicate where the area is. may i suggest you do not go directly to the centre (which is where the rig is). i say go SE for a while, and you will come across less mobs. if/when you die, its also best to "try" (lol) to die as S as possible so you revive at the S outpost. runnung from there is the easyest route due to lack of mobs - if ur lucky their maturity is generally lower (well, at least they're not Old Alphas :laugh:).

my advice, go buy/borrow yourself a tp chip and just tp there. you can do it in 3 jumps from the S outpost, and from experience you usually land away from mobs. oh, and dont wear armour (unless you can take on aoa's, molisk scouts and Guardian bulls. my most dreaded enemy @ the rig is the exo guardian :scared:

gl in your quest donald, i hope i didnt spoil ur attempts with the tips :p

June 13th 4pm MA Time :)
can I make sure you get there safe exactly at that time? :D

andyzammy said:
donald, i hope i didnt spoil ur attempts with the tips :p

All suggestions are being carefully considered. However, I will not be making use of a TP chip this time as I feel it is not in keeping with the spirit of my mission.

Sincerely,
Donald

Vap0r said:
My bet is that you dont make it, its a rough world out there and there are those stupid PK'ers you have to deal with too...
Last time I were there, only problem were those stupid, arrogant AOAs and
relatives.
Even thou' we were up on wall chatting, those overgrown, wingless chickens
just ran between us... not even a little bite...don't know, maybe they had
tried the "moonshine", and lost their eyesight... ;)

June 12th, midday. Good luck old chap.

6-11-06 by 21:00

The PKing isn't as bad as most people make it out to be and the trip to the area is easy if you leave from troy.

June 11th, 20:00 MA Time.

I have faith in you ;) Just have your finger next to the printscreen button, as long as your finger is faster than the gunner's finger you'll get the screenshot before you die. Thats the biggest challenge in the whole thing.

June 13th 20:22

Good Luck and Have Fun :)

June, 11th 22.00 MA time )

I'm not sure of the way you want to make it, but the safiest way is swimming from Troy I guess. May take some time but it's a safe way to that south outpost.

June 11 - 19:00 MA time

To get to the rig from the side of the outpost is far easier then coming from the north.
I got my TP in Nymphtown by venturing to the rig from Twin Peaks and then North.
A long journey that can be fun - if getting shot multiple times and munched upon by Atroxes is considered fun - for me it was :laugh:

June 11th 17:23 MA time

Look at mine Oil Rig area map (hard-worked neomap locations) :
shortcut to image

Oil Rig is in center, empty squares is "mountains", magenta squares is violet-magenta transporters with legs, green area was old swat-village, other shows fortifications :)

June 13th - 13.13 MA time. Gotta be lucky for someone :)

June 12th 2-20am ma time

Good Luck :D

June 12th 7:00 MA time

good luck, shoud'nt we all be luring mobs to the rig? :D

11th 6pm MA time

abyss said:
Look at mine Oil Rig area map ...

Many thanks to you, Sir, for this map. I have taken the liberty of saving it and shall consult it on a regular basis, until I succeed.

Sincerely,
Donald

P.S. +rep for your effort.

June 12th 13:45 MA time

GL mate :)

My guess is June 11 near 18:00 MA time. Good luck Donald and have fun :)

my guess is you'll be off to do your knitting ;)

good luck though, and I honestly hope you make it

:girl:

just been there myself. well, i tried to. 1st time, tp'd rite at the centre of it perfectly. thought brilliand, no mob-dodging. what happens when the white screen disappears? "You have been killed by the Immortal Atrox Old Alpha" :|

might take u a lil longer than u expected donald, unless someone does pave the way for you. i say call all bets off :p

With just two hours to go...

...I will not succeed this day! So my first full day has come and gone. I will keep on trying until next Saturday or until I succeed. I really wanted it to be today, and I came very close, once within a few yards of the rig. Blast you Atrox! I will post the full account of the days activities tomorrow in my diary.

In the meantime, keep guessing! Sooner or later someone will be right and there is no cost to try.

Thank you very much to those who have encouraged me and for their confidence in me.

Sincerely,
Donald

I'll take 21:00 on the 12th.

Good luck Donald.

Hey why not eh... June 12th 19:56 (a little more creative with the time now hehehe)

June 12th 13:30 MA time

"The running man" now playing at the oil rig :laugh:

12.06.2006 17:00 MA time

Top of the morning to you Donald, sorry you didn't make it yesterday.
But you are offering us a second guess if the time of our original guess has come and gone? Hmmm this could go on for some time ;) June 13, 01:30 MA time

Back