Dropping at shorter intervals

Steinmeyer

Guardian
Society
Freelancer
Lord Vondur Steinmeyer
Anyone notice any downside to this? Lower tt returns, worse hitrate etc? Seems like a bad idea.

Last edited:
On planet yes . On FOMA no

Depends on how much you overlap planetside. When I did testing not too long ago: if you perfectly overlap within say 5 minutes of your last drop, you'll be near 0-5% HR with no change in TT per claim found (including if you vary depth on the 2nd drop). There's only a little "respawn" in that amount of time. If you think about how area of a circle works though, you're still covering over 50% of your finder's circumference if you move out 55m instead of 110m. Move a bit closer to 110m, and you won't be able to easily detect a difference until you track medium-term returns and/or have really sensitive statistical test data.

If it's "indoors", you have to work to overlap, so I wouldn't think most people would ever do it there.

For years now the mechanic looked like this:
index.php

So 55m and up distance was ok, hit rate was multiplied by 1, no change. Less than 55m and hit rate was going to zero, not sure if that drop in HR was linear or not. Mindark can change logic and move the point to 110 or any arbitrary number, it can also be variable in case of claim. Where the claim pops is another matter. Can be tied to this logic or not.
Because of the shit 90% returns I tried 110m, but it didn't help. My hit rate is variable in longer times, but because of diffrent unknown factors. It seems that new max multi is x4000 and there is nothing to do just to wait for it. MA is taking credit from most players, some get that multi. Rest can only hope. In 9 months I got one x300, mining is fckn Boring Company, rest of the multis can puff in one evening so don't count as something important.

Last edited:
Sorry it's been a while. I am going to butt in here with a bit of advice. Try the following when carpet bombing. When you get a NRF, move your radius* the amount of times you got a NRF in meters in a straight line and probe again, when you hit, reset the value to 1*radius, rinse repeat...

Back