Enhancers added on an item would increase skill requirements.

BlackHawk

Elite
Society
ROUA
Black Hawk Hawk
And another one... from the other forum.

Enhancers are great. But they erase any skill difference in this game in all professions. For this reason, I think it would help if adding enhancers that improve stats of an item should require more skill for each level. For example 5% or 10% for each enhancer added.

This means that skills would become more important, and skill enhancers would have more value.

Let's take for example the Svempa XT T10.

It needs level 66 recommended and 73 to be maxed.

Tier 1 damage would need level 66+6.6=72.6 (rounded at 72.5) so you can be maxed at level 79.5

Tier 2 damage will need 72.6+6.6=79.2 and maxed at 86.2

etc.

However, if one does not have that skill level, it can compensate for it using skill enhancers.

As it is they don't have that much use anyway.

The same, on mining.

Example, TK320

Recomanded level 25, maxed on 30

T1 would need 25+2.5=27.5 recomanded and maxed at 25+2.5+5=32.5
T2...n would follow the same pattern.

Like this, when you are skilling up, it would make sense for you to discover new levels of play. By having instantly the option to use T10 whatever makes it just too easy, and it gives no opportunity to make use of the skill system further.

interesting

interesting indeed, but what with UL items?

Very good idea BlackHawk. I guess it is a bit too late for MA to implement it that way tho.

interesting indeed, but what with UL items?

Why not the same, gives them level 100+ folks some reason to keep skills and progress further.

In fact i think the whole tiering system would have been way more helpfull for the economy and more balanced if it would have been implemented in the way BlackHawk suggests.

The same, on mining.

Example, TK320

Recomanded level 25, maxed on 30

T1 would need 25+2.5=27.5 recomanded and maxed at 25+2.5+5=32.5
T2...n would follow the same pattern.

Like this, when you are skilling up, it would make sense for you to discover new levels of play. By having instantly the option to use T10 whatever makes it just too easy, and it gives no opportunity to make use of the skill system further.

Interesting idea. You may well have hit on something.

So far as mining is concerned, I suspect that the majority of tier slots are filled by depth enhancers - and I suspect that the vast majority of users who are using finder tier levels 7-10 are maxed on the finder anyway. But if you could only use the top slots when your level was considerably above the maxed one, then that might bridge gaps between finders.

I hadn't thought about skill enhancers on finders since the mining updates. I suppose that these might enable people with widely varying prospecting/surveying levels to use a single finder.

Enhancers are great. But they erase any skill difference in this game in all professions. For this reason, I think it would help if adding enhancers that improve stats of an item should require more skill for each level. For example 5% or 10% for each enhancer added.

isn't it kind of the point that it erases skill differences. They've screwed with the skill gains multiple times, so they introduced sib only to see the ubers using it even more than the low level players it was supposed to help, so they introduced enhancers.

It's not much different to how we used to be able to use an Opalo A106 / A204.

Back