Entropia and automated gameplay

Status

Mathilda

Old Alpha
Mathilda nukegirl Chei
Hello

Over the months I have encountered a few bots as well as having read exceeding amount of claims that Mindark condone automated gameplay via scripts, macros etc even people encouraging using macros to hunt completely afk.

I was shocked to hear that so many are using macros to hunt and submitted a ticket where I got the response "Autoclickers or any other software that influences the Entropia Universe client or gameplay are prohibited." But apparently other people are getting varying answers from support tickets, saying you're allowed as long as its not a sophisticated macro involving heal/repairs etc and just autclicking interact, other are saying you can bot as long as your mouse has built in macro hardware as long as its not autoclicker.exe.
I know for a fact there is a lot of people using macros to automate gameplay especially now with mayhem where its easy to hide in an instance.

In my opinion any kind of botting or automated gamplay outside of what is within the game design (auto-use tool, crafting etc) devalues any legit players time and accomplishments, it creates this situation where if you're not botting you're instantly at a disadvantage.

So my question is:
Am I the fool for believing there was no way a company would allow bots in their game and I should have been botting all this time?
If this is not the case is anything being done to counteract botting or is it the case of "yeahhhhh its against the rules but actually we dont give a fuck because we're benefiting monetarily so knock yourself out m8"

I would really like a clear answer and hopefully some action taken.

tbh i don't think anyone at MA has the balls to give a black and white answer... i mean when's the last time someone got banned for an exploit? fucking 2012? LOL.

Someone (won't name names) said they got a support case that said it was OK as long as it doesn't affect other's game play. I said for this person to post on PCF for the reason you are mentioning. This has not happened yet. Who knows if they did... but the fact they are not doing anything about it makes you wonder... as well as all the changes to the game that actually enable such activity vs. discouraging it.

In my opinion any kind of botting or automated gamplay outside of what is within the game design (auto-use tool, crafting etc) devalues any legit players time and accomplishments, it creates this situation where if you're not botting you're instantly at a disadvantage.

You are pointing the finger on a real issue, that lasted for far too long already, this seems to be the weekend to point everything out.

A legit player is at disadvantage. A deep disadvantage. He literally doesnt stand a chance.

I wonder what kind of thunderstorm would happen here if i accepted to share my story in depths on a famous online gaming publisher in the coming weeks...

really??
and people still wonder why so many well know players have left...

Someone (won't name names) said they got a support case that said it was OK as long as it doesn't affect other's game play. I said for this person to post on PCF for the reason you are mentioning. This has not happened yet. Who knows if they did... but the fact they are not doing anything about it makes you wonder... as well as all the changes to the game that actually enable such activity vs. discouraging it.

Sorry ?

Are you saying MA said bots are allowed ? :confused:

Sorry ?

Are you saying MA said bots are allowed ? :confused:

I am saying that someone said it was and I told this person to post on PCF, if it happened. Have to remember that it is not bots. It is an autoclicker of sorts that simply presses 1 button. You could achieve that without software. There ARE more advanced ones apparently but I thought that software was a giant keylogger.

I bring it up because that is the mindset of several people right now. An official statement is required (as OP suggests). My information is 3rd hand - hence I suggested that person to post here.

I am saying that someone said it was and I told this person to post on PCF, if it happened. Have to remember that it is not bots. It is an autoclicker of sorts that simply presses 1 button. You could achieve that without software. There ARE more advanced ones apparently but I thought that software was a giant keylogger.

I bring it up because that is the mindset of several people right now. An official statement is required (as OP suggests). My information is 3rd hand - hence I suggested that person to post here.

Yeah, I get that part, but I mean, do you trust this person when they say that ?

The rules are written in the ToU, and I'm not going to look that up now, but it seems to me that it says third-party programs are forbidden.

So if now they tell it's OK to some people, I'm lost..

I wonder what kind of thunderstorm would happen here if i accepted to share my story in depths on a famous online gaming publisher in the coming weeks...

I would ask that you don't bring any negative press to the game , as it is , we are already suffering from quite a few negative effects currently.

This only hurts ourselves.

You are pointing the finger on a real issue, that lasted for far too long already, this seems to be the weekend to point everything out.

A legit player is at disadvantage. A deep disadvantage. He literally doesnt stand a chance.

I believe this is the meaning of what I have been anticipating for almost 20 years, a certain revelation involving apocalypse aka armageddon. If this was the only thing coming to light I would laugh at my own thinking. But this is real and way more serious than a heart attack. It's also why I posted that question about hyperinflation. Also, why I shake my head at people demanding heads for the yog exploiters.

Dude, please, share that story. If nothing else, this chinese curse of an epoch is going to make for some amazing memories.

chinese curse = "may you live in interesting times" btw don't ban me bro sigh

I would ask that you don't bring any negative press to the game , as it is , we are already suffering from quite a few negative effects currently.

This only hurts ourselves.

Publicity would hopefully put some preassure on MA to take action as currently there is very little incentive for them to do so, we all know that keeping promises and customer relation is very low on the priority list ;)

There already are players that sell advanced hunting bots, I wonder why MA doesn't make one themselves and sell it as a premium service... "Entropia Hunting Assistant"....

About affecting other's game play, the only way it's not affecting others with a hunting bot, is if you loot 100% UA or PED or you put everything in TT. Otherwise you compete with these bots in selling hunting loot, minerals... etc which is already happening...

There already are players that sell advanced hunting bots, I wonder why MA doesn't make one themselves and sell it as a premium service... "Entropia Hunting Assistant"....

About affecting other's game play, the only way it's not affecting others with a hunting bot, is if you loot 100% UA or PED or you put everything in TT. Otherwise you compete with these bots in selling hunting loot, minerals... etc which is already happening...

so mining bots are a thing too?
lol

Hello

Over the months I have encountered a few bots as well as having read exceeding amount of claims that Mindark condone automated gameplay via scripts, macros etc even people encouraging using macros to hunt completely afk.

I was shocked to hear that so many are using macros to hunt and submitted a ticket where I got the response "Autoclickers or any other software that influences the Entropia Universe client or gameplay are prohibited." But apparently other people are getting varying answers from support tickets, saying you're allowed as long as its not a sophisticated macro involving heal/repairs etc and just autclicking interact, other are saying you can bot as long as your mouse has built in macro hardware as long as its not autoclicker.exe.
I know for a fact there is a lot of people using macros to automate gameplay especially now with mayhem where its easy to hide in an instance.

So my question is:
Am I the fool for believing there was no way a company would allow bots in their game and I should have been botting all this time?
If this is not the case is anything being done to counteract botting or is it the case of "yeahhhhh its against the rules but actually we dont give a fuck because we're benefiting monetarily so knock yourself out m8"

I would really like a clear answer and hopefully some action taken.

well good morning, good that u are wake up now, shame not before. It was like this for like 10y already. before was with autoclicker.exe, now with build in macros pressing F...

Probably ban for violating EULA. It’s in there about not defaming mindark or it’s affiliates. Suggest you read before something like that.

Probably ban for violating EULA. It’s in there about not defaming mindark or it’s affiliates. Suggest you read before something like that.

With the exception that legally it is not defaming if it is true. This makes that decision subjective and wouldn't hold up to a court challenge.

With the exception that legally it is not defaming if it is true. This makes that decision subjective and wouldn't hold up to a court challenge.

Rule 2 in the EULA:
You may not take any action, post, communicate, upload or otherwise use any content to threaten, harass, cause grief or distress to any of MindArk’s employees or agents or MindArk’s affiliate’s employees or agents in or outside the Entropia Universe, including, but not limited to, IRC channels or public web forums.

For 10 years, bots have been denounced. The first time it was done was by using autoclick. In response to that, MA created autoclick for everyone. The second time, "elaborated Bots" with special software were denounced (We all saw it in a YouTube video). What did Mindark do? MA implemented Loot 2.0 with the F key that aims, shoots and loots for everyone.

Gentlemen, in my modest opinion, the company is interested in its customers recycling more and losing more in the game. Only in this way the company pays its bills, exists and can grow.

So I think that only in competitions like Mayhem the Bots could be unfair and should be eliminated. But like this, I think also that in competitions the use of very expensive rings, cloaks, unique weapons, armor, etc. that only have a few players and give them advantages that no one else has, should be eliminated for the same reason.

On the other hand, under normal conditions, where there is no competition, the greater recycling of peds does not affect anyone. Because even the argument that the MU goes down is not true. The MU goes down by people in need. Because every player only receives the rate of return that the game grants and no other (90-96% mostly). If people play more, they lose more. It would be silly if whoever recycles more lowers the MU without partially closing its gap. The reality is that those who download the MU are those who DO NOT have money, even if they do not know what a macro or Bot is.

I think we should only follow the MA directive: If you believe that something or someone violates the EULA or TOU, report it in Support. Because only MA, according to the EULA, is the one who decides what is or is not a scam.

That is my modest opinion and the truth, I am not interested in debating with anyone for what I think. It is my opinion and that is all. Final point. :yup:

Last edited:
Rule 2 in the EULA:
You may not take any action, post, communicate, upload or otherwise use any content to threaten, harass, cause grief or distress to any of MindArk’s employees or agents or MindArk’s affiliate’s employees or agents in or outside the Entropia Universe, including, but not limited to, IRC channels or public web forums.

That is a clause for personal grievances with individual employees. Some examples of this would be some comments that have been done against Serica long ago in conjunction with Hitler. This would be a violation of that EULA. That clause does not prevent the use of explaining a player's experience. Retribution for telling one's experience, for as long as is factual, would bring a justified lawsuit to the company, which will further damage the PR.

For 10 years, bots have been denounced. The first time it was done was by using autoclick. In response to that, MA created autoclick for everyone. The second time, "elaborated Bots" with special software were denounced (We all saw it in a YouTube video). What did Mindark do? MA implemented Loot 2.0 with the F key that aims, shoots and loots for everyone.

Gentlemen, in my modest opinion, the company is interested in its customers recycling more and losing more in the game. Only in this way the company pays its bills, exists and can grow.

So I think that only in competitions like Mayhem the Bots could be unfair and should be eliminated. But like this, I think also that in competitions the use of very expensive rings, cloaks, unique weapons, armor, etc. that only have a few players and give them advantages that no one else has, should be eliminated for the same reason.

On the other hand, under normal conditions, where there is no competition, the greater recycling of peds does not affect anyone. Because even the argument that the MU goes down is not true. The MU goes down by people in need. Because every player only receives the rate of return that the game grants and no other (90-96% mostly). If people play more, they lose more. It would be silly if whoever recycles more lowers the MU without partially closing its gap. The reality is that those who download the MU are those who DO NOT have money, even if they do not know what a macro or Bot is.

I think we should only follow the MA directive: If you believe that something or someone violates the EULA or TOU, report it in Support. Because only MA, according to the EULA, is the one who decides what is or is not a scam.

That is my modest opinion and the truth, I am not interested in debating with anyone for what I think. It is my opinion and that is all. Final point. :yup:

They certainly know automaters exist and are actively playing in the game. The silence/lack of action is really an action in itself. It just needs it written out, imo and many people won't like it.

I would ask though... other than to make botting easier or to level the field a bit as they likely cannot do anything about these bots (e.g it is not legal to scan a PC's process list) - what justification would Mindark have to reduce all hunting to the F key? Seems like they wanted to enable it than disable it. Loot pills, loot buff pets, auto-loot rings, life steal rings and amps... these all facilitate botting. This Summer Ring 2020 is the ultimate botter ring along with Christmas 2019.

Botting aint that much different then pressing the F key after each kill, seems to me MA is implementing some automated tools so people use these rather then an autoclicker.
A bit like Bliz now selling tokens for gold in order to combat the chinese goldfarmers in WoW.

If you spot a hunting bot, start killing its mobs faster than it can. If it asks you to stop, it's not a bot. If it doesn't seem to mind, harvest the free damage until the financial incentives to bot are unfavorable.

Just want to point out that this is a banable offense/against TOS. You are interfering with someone else's gameplay.

Coming back after a few years and seeing all these posts about bots, exploiters, etc... and realizing nothing has really changed since 2005. I recall, back then, that botters and exploiters were dealt with. We all remember some of those names.

Oof. Might be time to turn the ol' CC faucet off for good.

the bot overkilling everytime and getting worse loot composition than legit players, is that the disadvantage the legit players are suffering from?

the bot overkilling everytime and getting worse loot composition than legit players, is that the disadvantage the legit players are suffering from?
this argument about composition drives me crazy... its like comparing ep1 to ep4.. exactly like it... you want to play super cheap and survive on fresh bp drops all day do ep1. if you want massive loots and hofs of shrap do ep4. increased loots come from increased costs.

If bots would TT their loot, mined resources and skills then it would probably be acceptable.
But the bots are competing with everyone else in the auction, they mine redulite, they give skills "for free" just to remain in a lower mayhem cat, where they use even more bots and exploits. And soon, you will end up with bots taking up the (already crappy) hunting spawns...
There was a clip recently around here with guy with imk2 on osse, good armor and resto chip, his loot composition was pretty ok, I'm sure :)

ROFL i cant believe its not a thing already! =p
NEVERDIE will start this shit, I'm telling you! :D

Coming back after a few years and seeing all these posts about bots, exploiters, etc... and realizing nothing has really changed since 2005. I recall, back then, that botters and exploiters were dealt with. We all remember some of those names.

Oof. Might be time to turn the ol' CC faucet off for good.

Yeah it brings back memories of really famous avatars standing in acid pools auto clicking and scanning stuck mobs in other places. Talk about skill sets. It's been quite a nostalgic little 24 hour trip back to Entropia, it's made me realize just how much has not changed. Ahhh such is life :D

Status
Back