Entropia and the NFT craze...

yup i got XRP, DENT, LTC, THETA, HOT, VET, ETH, ADA, ONE, DOGE, XRM, XLM, MANA, SAND
what do you got? hot air?
great how much you got ? .004 in each?

As for my hot air - YOU are the one hyping up crypto and should be heavy invested - I am NOT hyping it telling others what to do while i have a few pennies invested. So of course i own no crypto nor will i ever (most likely) - i have no care for super speculative investments base on flawed tech.

As for my investments in real companies (i.e. stock markets) it ranges depending on what i buy or trade but i keep a bit in my account. On three stocks alone i am up close to 8K (thats on a 10K investment so pretty good imo) which is probably multiples of your investments based on your BTC holdings.

and i am in the process of investing in a distribution business that will be passive for me and throw out ~20% returns (this is over $100K it self -assuming it goes through.)

your move Warren (Buffet in case you don't get it)

an no i am not trying to brag - i know i am still poor - most people don't realize they are too

IMO all EU would have to do is accept all crypto as a payment method, and then advertise it as a game for crypto on all the crypto sites. EU takes your crypto -> exchanges it via normal crypto exchange methods into USD -> exchanges it into PED. Cashout is the exact opposite, PED exchanges into USD which then exchanges into crypto and wallet of your choice. This is just an additional deposit and withdrawal method of course. It's not all about EU "forgetting about crypto and focusing on itself". It's about keeping up with the times, adding functionality (deposit and withdrawal methods), and expanding the player base. IMO a lot of crypto people would be all about EU if they knew about it.

Everyone in the crypto space losing their minds over NFT's - basically crypto currency tokens that are unique and can be attached to ownership of unique digital assets like trading cards, virtual real estate, in game items...etc. They're all touting it as the latest greatest thing that's new and hot and "never been done before"...

Meanwhile MA and Entropians that have been here since the early 2000's are here like...

index.php

...actually if MA want's a big boom to the EU space they should try to do some sort of NFT tie-in for the hype before it's too late. I'd say they've got a couple months tops to capitalize on this.
Agreed. They could ride the NFT hype and push out an EU collection of ingame artwork (it could even be made a competition for us players to get the best screenies for this!), or other promo material. A beautiful collection would draw crowds, for example minted on the WAX blockchain. But like the captain said, MA were too early with the Deeptoken dabbling, now they're gonna be too late...

Agreed. They could ride the NFT hype and push out an EU collection of ingame artwork (it could even be made a competition for us players to get the best screenies for this!), or other promo material. A beautiful collection would draw crowds, for example minted on the WAX blockchain. But like the captain said, MA were too early with the Deeptoken dabbling, now they're gonna be too late...

Agreed, these were my thoughts exactly. Lets not overcomplicate things, MA could very easily create some collectors cards based on all the beautiful locales and exotic creatures we have in EU.

Its as simple as that, NFT are red hot and dying for more IP to jump on board. Entropia is a fantastic IP that far too many dont know about it would be a win win for both sides.

Really advise they do it on the WAX chain as its purpose built for nft so no crazy eth gas fees.. it is where Topps is doing business (nuff said!) additionally there is a small connected ecosysyem that is growing.

Atomic hub is a marketplace where players and collectors of different NFT games/collections buy and sell in game items or cards to each other using the wax token. It has a fantastic network effect as the players of one game are well aware of the others, offering "right next door" advertising..

Even getting new people to dabble in Entropia NFT cards would undoubtedly increase brand awareness...

To add: NFT is definitely red hot right now, but I disagree that there is a window to cash in on. I mean sure, people are throwing money at everything and anything NFT right now, but NFT are here to stay.

NFT are a disruptive tech, it solves existing problems (condition, rarity, marketplace) that any old card or comic book collector should understand...

I got an idea! John Cleese made a NFT for the brooklyn bridge. Maybe, there's a spot under it for you.

https://decrypt.co/62217/monty-pythons-john-cleese-mints-brooklyn-bridge-nft

i'll take that as confirmation that you don't have any real $ in crytpo and are just talking about it and repeating what you hear on the internet.

if asking you to put up or shut ip is trolling in this world, than yes i am going to troll you because your talking crap and not wiling to do what you think everyone should do.

i am from NY so might just buy that NFT.

What the hale does my bags have to do with this? My question to you is why are you filling the forum with useless craps?

great how much you got ? .004 in each?

As for my hot air - YOU are the one hyping up crypto and should be heavy invested - I am NOT hyping it telling others what to do while i have a few pennies invested. So of course i own no crypto nor will i ever (most likely) - i have no care for super speculative investments base on flawed tech.

As for my investments in real companies (i.e. stock markets) it ranges depending on what i buy or trade but i keep a bit in my account. On three stocks alone i am up close to 8K (thats on a 10K investment so pretty good imo) which is probably multiples of your investments based on your BTC holdings.

and i am in the process of investing in a distribution business that will be passive for me and throw out ~20% returns (this is over $100K it self -assuming it goes through.)

your move Warren (Buffet in case you don't get it)

an no i am not trying to brag - i know i am still poor - most people don't realize they are too

Dude seriously? I don't get it, are you trying to get into a dick measuring contest here or something?

A) It doesn't matter what the guy tells you he's got invested because you'll never believe him anyways. It's also no ones business how much money one has in their investments. If you've got a crazy sum in crypto why would you go boasting specific figures to randoms online?
B) You are aware though that many Altcoins have gone up 10 - 100x over the last 6 months right? (Some of those happen to be ones he's invested in). So even a $100 investment in the right coin 6 months ago would have more value today than your investment (if your investment is deemed to be the adequate size of holding to be able to talk about an investment?)
C) Have you considered this might just be more about you just generally resenting those invested in crypto because you feel you missed the boat and people in crypto are getting crazy stupid rich right now?
D) It's not uncommon for people in crypto to only have a very small holding of actual bitcoin right now as this is "Alt Season". Way more profitable to be heavy into Altcoins right now.

I don't think anyone here is "hyping" crypto as much as you seem to think they are right now.

I think a primary consideration for MA and a reason they wouldn't be or shouldn't be interested in such a thing is the volatility of these currencies.. PED being tied to one of these super volatile currencies would only create a situation where people are depositing and withdrawing like MAD to take advantage of the up's and down's of said currencies. I realize there is a considerable delay in the withdrawl process but it still could present a problem and greatly increased workload on MA's part. Generally speaking I believe they prefer ped left in the game not in and out like a bunny! Im no expert on this but thats the 1st thing I can see happening right away and it should probably be avoided!

Dude seriously? I don't get it, are you trying to get into a dick measuring contest here or something?

A) It doesn't matter what the guy tells you he's got invested because you'll never believe him anyways. It's also no ones business how much money one has in their investments. If you've got a crazy sum in crypto why would you go boasting specific figures to randoms online?
B) You are aware though that many Altcoins have gone up 10 - 100x over the last 6 months right? (Some of those happen to be ones he's invested in). So even a $100 investment in the right coin 6 months ago would have more value today than your investment (if your investment is deemed to be the adequate size of holding to be able to talk about an investment?)
C) Have you considered this might just be more about you just generally resenting those invested in crypto because you feel you missed the boat and people in crypto are getting crazy stupid rich right now?
D) It's not uncommon for people in crypto to only have a very small holding of actual bitcoin right now as this is "Alt Season". Way more profitable to be heavy into Altcoins right now.

I don't think anyone here is "hyping" crypto as much as you seem to think they are right now.

I had a feeling my last post would attract a reply like yours. and I hesitated to post it but i wanted to see his response. if he said he even had a just a few $1000 invested i would say ok at least your doing as you preach. if you are going to go around starting threads that are basically to talk about how all the "fiats" are gonna collapse or what ever then you should walk the walk.

its typical that today someone can spout crap all over the web and the minuet you call them out - its a dick measuring contest.

i wonder what people would say if i starting saying "uber items are worthless junk sell out and play game XXX:" - i bet you would ask me to prove why i am saying this

Saying "loot sucks" requires 100,000,000 kills and perfect logs to prove i got 2% less than what some other player says they get. Saying hyper inflation is coming requires no explanation whatsoever. ok

point B = yes i am aware like the rest of the entire world. This happened before and it crashed from what 20K to 3K . What if someone believes in hyper inflation because of just plain unfounded claims of hyper inflation and gets scared and invests in crypto because they read something they thought was factual then it crashes and they lose a lot of $ (no never happened to me before you ask) so again if I were to go around telling people crypto is the new gold i would be sure to have my $ in it too.

as for your point C - please - everyone misses out on something i am not anti-Crypto for trading / gambling just that the hype about it replacing fiats. just because a lot of people say its the new gold doesn't mean it is. there are a lot of top investors that will tell you its worthless but of course they are just puppets of the Fiat regime - right? If you want to trade stories of "oh man if i only invested in that i would be rich" i got plenty i can look back and cry about but looking back is easy. That is not why i am calling him out. And i think you know this.

I will admit my posts seems a bit harsh but he deserved to be called out - imo - just like you did to me - and i am ok with it - your right to do so - but i have my rights too.

D) Alt season - Duck season lol i have no idea what that means but sounds like more made up crap to justify price moves - but since i don't know what it is i'll assume you are right here

maybe i did go off the rails a bit much here but i know at least one person that bought BTC at elevated levels because of FOMO and i can tell you they were probably pretty pissed off when it tanked. so while i may be over reacting its because i believe people over time will start to believe - well anything - look at the US capitol riot and you will understand - and there is no shortage of unfounded theories, posts, blogs, and of course coins and tokens that get hyped up and people get sucked in and some devastated financially. How do you think scams proliferate, they feed on people that tend to be anit-government, anti- this or anti-that and some cons artist sells them exactly what they want to hear. Crypto can be one of those or maybe it will be a pinnacle moment in human history - but right now its one big giant gamble and not addressing that fact is ignoring a pretty big issue.

What the hale does my bags have to do with this? My question to you is why are you filling the forum with useless craps?
Sorry dude you are the one spouting crap -"HYPER INFLATION is coming - is there an alternative" and other posts you have made are all just to talk up crypto and make claims of the death of the Fiat when there is no real evidence to back that up.

you bags show that you either believe in what your talking about or are just another person contributing to the hype.

To add: NFT is definitely red hot right now, but I disagree that there is a window to cash in on. I mean sure, people are throwing money at everything and anything NFT right now, but NFT are here to stay.

NFT are a disruptive tech, it solves existing problems (condition, rarity, marketplace) that any old card or comic book collector should understand...

what is the token part of this? is it basically the COA just now called a token? or is the NFT a part of the underlying blockchain?

i guess i do not understand why a blockchain is more desirable then a COA that has been used and works fine, The chain has to be maintained. Who maintains it and who pays for the maintenance.

Or am i just not understanding this at all :)

I think a primary consideration for MA and a reason they wouldn't be or shouldn't be interested in such a thing is the volatility of these currencies.. PED being tied to one of these super volatile currencies would only create a situation where people are depositing and withdrawing like MAD to take advantage of the up's and down's of said currencies. I realize there is a considerable delay in the withdrawl process but it still could present a problem and greatly increased workload on MA's part. Generally speaking I believe they prefer ped left in the game not in and out like a bunny! Im no expert on this but thats the 1st thing I can see happening right away and it should probably be avoided!
As stated before, PED can be the ingame token/currency and pegged to USD -> no more volatility than today. If people were withdrawing like MAD as you say, that would only mean that there would be a huge demand for PED, which means EU would be a very healthy place to invest in. There's no downside to this. Having PEDs locked to my account for months as it is now actually stops me from investing more in EU!

Why not keep PED tied to USD, but also accept btc/USD. That would be a win / win.

Rgds

Ace

what is the token part of this? is it basically the COA just now called a token? or is the NFT a part of the underlying blockchain?

i guess i do not understand why a blockchain is more desirable then a COA that has been used and works fine, The chain has to be maintained. Who maintains it and who pays for the maintenance.

Or am i just not understanding this at all :)
Buy some THETA man - come join us!!

As stated before, PED can be the ingame token/currency and pegged to USD -> no more volatility than today. If people were withdrawing like MAD as you say, that would only mean that there would be a huge demand for PED, which means EU would be a very healthy place to invest in. There's no downside to this. Having PEDs locked to my account for months as it is now actually stops me from investing more in EU!
it will always be months as they investigate every withdrawl! dont matter what currency its tied to. there is no instant withdrawls from EU. this is where they catch many fraudelent actions.

Buy some THETA man - come join us!!
LOL right at the peak - that's gonna end real well. I'd say wait till after the pull back that's going to happen within the next week.

Actually with theta i think it is not the peak. its down to 12.60 right now from 14.50 earlier today but it's getting ready for parabolic moonshot. at least until i said that it was :) I would be willing to bet 1 that this time next month you'll be wishing you bought it at 13.00.

MA was resistant then and resistant now I guess. Back then they tried a 100% control solution to get involved. Now they are missing the 100% control they could have. By the time they react with their very own internet solution it will be massively adopted. It's like my cousin getting interested in THETA or XRP now when they could have gotten involved for pennies. The boat may have sailed but the cocktail party is still on yo. HELLOOOOOOO!!!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/nfts-a...-grabin-videogame-worlds-11616414401?mod=e2tw

apologies for linking a MSM BS website with paywall - it's just news rag headline anyhow

MA was resistant then and resistant now I guess. Back then they tried a 100% control solution to get involved. Now they are missing the 100% control they could have. By the time they react with their very own internet solution it will be massively adopted. It's like my cousin getting interested in THETA or XRP now when they could have gotten involved for pennies. The boat may have sailed but the cocktail party is still on yo. HELLOOOOOOO!!!

https://www.wsj.com/articles/nfts-a...-grabin-videogame-worlds-11616414401?mod=e2tw

apologies for linking a MSM BS website with paywall - it's just news rag headline anyhow

Well that thing of control isn't new. That's why they decided to build the entropia pocket app for 2FA rather than just use google authenticator like every other business out here lol

Well that thing of control isn't new. That's why they decided to build the entropia pocket app for 2FA rather than just use google authenticator like every other business out here lol

Yeah, why not hand the control over to Google instead? ;)

but google's authenticator is open source, and mindark obviously can't code properly...

Yeah, why not hand the control over to Google instead? ;)
They didn't have to code their own. It's the same code.

I think I would like to see our digital items over a certain value as NFTs. At least maybe the really unique stuff.

Also not going away. Long $GME.

I think I would like to see our digital items over a certain value as NFTs. At least maybe the really unique stuff.

Also not going away. Long $GME.
I would love ALL our digital assets, regardless of value, including our actual avatars, as NFTs. Would that ever happen for us in EU? LOL. But hey, we can still dream...

I would love ALL our digital assets, regardless of value, including our actual avatars, as NFTs. Would that ever happen for us in EU? LOL. But hey, we can still dream...
Aren't they already NFTs? except for our avatars because we can buy and sell them

I don't understand why EU would use NFTs or any other blockchain technology?
These technology are used to build distributed trust. MA is in 100% control of EU...

Back