Entropia Decay Tracker

Mikeemooo

Old Alpha
Society
Groene Draeck
Mikee Mikeemoo Moo
I need some alpha (pre-alpha??) testers for my Decay Tracker.

http://entropia.mikeefranklin.co.uk/

I haven't tested it properly with ranged weapons, so I'm not 100% sure it calculates spent ammo correctly. It'd be really nice if people could try and use it for a range of different runs.

Follow the steps before and after you hunt. There's quite a bit of messing around to do first, but I've tried to make it pretty simple, and it generates forum posts for you that look like this.

I should (or at least could) hook it up to the wiki to automatically fill out a bit more of the data for you, but that will come later.

Also worth mentioning that this tool does not yet consider mark-up LOSS. As in, limited items.

More details about the tool are in my hunting thread.

Found first bug - if you go 'back' from the last page and change your markup's, it doesn't actually do anything.

I'll fix that tomorrow. For now, if you use it, double/triple check you've entered the correct markup values at the start.

I'll hook it up to a simple database that auto-fills markup for the most popular loots to save people some time.

Very nice tool. I might look into using this when I get the chance to look everything over, when I can get back to my pc :)

~Danimal

Hmm, a decay tracker sounds like something I'd love to use!

I'm just a healer though, so the weaponry and even the mob/location info is by-the-by for me. Might test it out and see if I can use it.

Too bad i don't care about decay, but this tool looks cool. When i get my new PC soon i might try this.

Hey, I use multiple weapons. And faps do I just add all to the one line?

Is it possible to create predefined sets of weapons or save the last entered values in a cookie?

It's quite annoying to complete all the fields every time.

Hey, I use multiple weapons. And faps do I just add all to the one line?

Multiple weapons are a bit tricky at the moment. You can add them both to the same line, but it'll only work if they use the same ammo type.

On the other hand, there's 2 fields for separate faps.

This is something I'll be improving in the next release.

Is it possible to create predefined sets of weapons or save the last entered values in a cookie?

It's quite annoying to complete all the fields every time.

Yep I fully agree, it's annoying as hell unless you do long runs.

The next release will have pre-defined fields.

Nice job! Did one (really really really bad) run using this tool.
Didn't had any problems with it and the report was nicely done!

With some improvements, I'm gonna use this tool every time!

Nice job! Did one (really really really bad) run using this tool.
Didn't had any problems with it and the report was nicely done!

With some improvements, I'm gonna use this tool every time!

Glad you like it. :)

Any good .NET developers on these forums?

I've been coming up with some great ideas on how to make it absolutely brilliant, but I'm a web developer, not so much a software developer, so although I know I can do it myself, it'd be a lot quicker if I can find a .NET developer or two to help me out.

Found a bug where in the results it's showing TT loss in green instead of red. It still calculates correct, just a bit annoying!

Will fix today.

If anyone is getting odd results and wants to confirm it's all correct, here's essentially what the tool does:

1) Find item decay just by looking at before/after. nice and simple.

2) Finds the skill increase for each skill and works out the total skill value before and after using Carebears tool, so it can find the worth of your skill gain

3) Finds the hit/crit/miss ratios by looking at the chat logs

4) Checks to see what's in the CARRIED inventory before and after

5) Finds the wasted shots by comparing your weapon decay to the weapon decay per hit as stated on entropedia, for example:

(225.2 ped*100) / 5.297 pec = number of uses.

From this it can compare it to the amount recorded in the chat logs to see how many were wasted. This isn't 100% accurate because repair terminals only tell you to 2 decimal places, but it's accurate enough for this.

6) If it's a ranged weapon, it works out how much ammo is spent:

((weapon decay+amp decay*100)/decay per use)*ammo burn per use.

It then offsets this against the ammo gained/lost in your inventory so it can calculate how much of your ammo was actually looted and how much was used.

7) It then adds up all the markup and creates the forum post :)

I was doing this all manually for the first 2000 mobs or so on my argo hunt, but it gets pretty tedious.

You can find my report here:

My report

Perhaps you should use a function to round these ammo values. In my case it's ruining the whole scheme.

Yep good idea.

It seems like the ammo calculations might be bugged on yours actually. Let me look into that. Your TT return seems to be higher than reported :)

You can find my report here:

My report

Perhaps you should use a function to round these ammo values. In my case it's ruining the whole scheme.

Decided to replicate your run using the same gear so I can iron out this ammo issue.

Another report:

My report

I was kinda worried, because my PC crashed during the hunting.. So I had to manually remove the loot from items log.
But it seems it wen't fine after all.

yep that ammo count is still messed up.

Working on a newer version of the tool now that makes the process a lot lot quicker and means a lot less data entry.

If you know php, the step to C# isn't a big one. I suggest you give it a try.

Should you need help with the maths or general problem solving, I'll be happy to help.

Na I do a lot of C# at work (I work as a web developer and do about 70% PHP and 30% C#), but all my experience is in Web development. Application development isn't much of a change (especially in .NET based apps), but I'm just a bit slower :)

Another report:

Remark: I did not wasted 80% of my shots lol :p

Fixed the ammo calculation bug

Back