Entropia featured on TV

club neverdie is an asteroid that was sold to an american guy for 1.000.000 american dollar.

mrproper said:
Little mistake there?

MarlaSinger said:
yeah, sorry. should be 100.000 dollar :)

Also Jon is an English guy living in America :wise:

+ rep for the translation though :D

so how do we go about getting the atm card?

TommyDaGreat said:
Do you really think some new TPs to ease up space travelling (dont ask me why no new tps arrived near corinth though), and some chairs are as serious as releasing a bunch of asteroids just like that?

Tommy, in respect to the "Kimmis' chairs in your apartment".. yes I feel that damages our trust in MA just as much. People deposit their money here, or sweat their asses off in order to purchase virtual property in game. Since the only real watchdog for our property and peds is MA, they need to be held to a high standard of performance.

OK the overall value of the chairs isn't huge, but think it through a bit... This incident shows two problems with the systems and processes in place at MA.

The first.... there's been at least one customer discovered problem with the system that keeps track of what is yours in game... you know some of those items that cost tens of thousands of PEDs sometimes?. That's a red flag. The database dosen't know the difference between a lyst ingot and a hangar deed, it's all just data. If this malfunction occurs again, who knows how many personal fortunes could be lost?

The second red flag was MA supports response to the support call. The Support weasels response was essentially "Our data is infallable! You have never owned those!". This was clearly a server side problem, and they either tried to sweep it under the rug, or their tier 1 support guy was too stupid to figure out that there might really be a problem. In either case, that's bad.

As far as new TPs go, movement of shops, etc. Those things have made a negative impact on numerous property owners in-game. Sure, MA, attract new business, but don't piss off your existing customer base or you'll find yourself with fewer and fewer dependable monthly depositors.

AG

Viateslav said:
Also Jon is an English guy living in America :wise:

+ rep for the translation though :D

well, I don't know.. I just translated the thing :p they said so.

AlphaGeek said:
.....The first.... there's been at least one customer discovered problem with the system that keeps track of what is yours in game... you know some of those items that cost tens of thousands of PEDs sometimes?. That's a red flag. The database dosen't know the difference between a lyst ingot and a hangar deed, it's all just data. If this malfunction occurs again, who knows how many personal fortunes could be lost?

The second red flag was MA supports response to the support call. The Support weasels response was essentially "Our data is infallable! You have never owned those!". This was clearly a server side problem, and they either tried to sweep it under the rug, or their tier 1 support guy was too stupid to figure out that there might really be a problem. In either case, that's bad.

AG

Two points , first: can anyone except MA ever trully know it was indeed a glitch and not something far worse (manipulated)?
secondly: the way the response was given only helps in making point one turn even worser.
For al we know its a game MA plays to make sure they get your money.
The reinforced building entry is an indicator in itself i figure.

And then again it could be not.
The fact MA doesnt comment or wants to make anything public as to the workings of entropia only helps to load suspicion on themselfs.
Makes me wonder if they ever followed a marketing course and if they have, it must have been with Lord Telleton himself.
Thats why i can really understand al these posts that get flamed as being whiners. And then i think , hell, those whiner flamers sure must be making a good deal here (or the ever popular CT: they must be payed by MA ;) ). Most people know well enough what it is but still want to believe the opposit.
Everybody is free to make their own dicisions.
I just feel sorry for all who lost a great deal more then just an illusion in entropia.

Greetings

Last edited:
Mirand,

No we wouldn't know, that's why I used "problem" instead of "bug" or "deliberately manipulated".

We don't know what exactly was wrong, but we do know that "something ain't right".

Maybe Lord Telephone is at fault. That's why MA traded the uber armor to those that had those transmitter widgets; it prevents us from calling him and asking. :)

AG

Back