News: Entropia Pocket Update

Currently, we do not support third party apps, and can therefore not guarantee forward compatability.

If you somehow prevent your app from updating to the new version, you may be able to keep using it, but we cannot guarantee that it will work going forward. It is also possible that Google will force an update in the future.

As mentioned, however, the old version will no longer be available in the Google Play Store after the end of this month.
Terribly thought out. Cell networks will force updates. You don't get a choice. You (Mindark) screwed everyone with this limitation.

Everyone should abandon the pocket app and use alternative authenticator instead. Save yourself undue heartache.

if all you want is the TOTP yes I'm with you there's alternatives that are probably better and also open source ones available. the pocket app has other functions tho AFAIK.I think you can also check auction and craft within the app
Two completely different apps.... The Entropia Pocket only does authentication. The auction/crafting functionality was in the abandoned Virtual Tycoon app

I read this right before going to bed last night as Entropia Hot Pocket Update.

After getting back from work, I'm both relieved but also slightly disappointed Entropia isn't getting into the hot pocket market.

Two completely different apps.... The Entropia Pocket only does authentication. The auction/crafting functionality was in the abandoned Virtual Tycoon app
ah OK, sorry I thought its the same app, which one is the one with the pokemon like pets then?

I also updated just now, zero issues... who abducted MA workers and put in competent workers ffs
Can someone call the devil? I think hell froze over, this is the second update mindark actually got right in a very short time frame. *please dont jynx it*

Can someone call the devil? I think hell froze over, this is the second update mindark actually got right in a very short time frame. *please dont jynx it*
Most people are needing to send in their ID while being at the mercy of support to respond asap.

Currently, we do not support third party apps, and can therefore not guarantee forward compatability.

If you somehow prevent your app from updating to the new version, you may be able to keep using it, but we cannot guarantee that it will work going forward. It is also possible that Google will force an update in the future.

As mentioned, however, the old version will no longer be available in the Google Play Store after the end of this month.

Noting that the older version isn't guaranteed to remain working, for anyone who can't run the newer version, they might have some luck (for a while at least) with one of the apk archive sites for older versions of things, or things that are no longer available on the standard android stores. Usual warnings apply of course about installing apps from other locations.

So glad the gold card system is still working though. Secure as ever, never leaves my draw, virtually zero chance of falling into the wrong hands and never needs updating. The perfect security solution. Note for any fellow GC fans who encounter issues with the reader. I have a good thread over on EP about how to repair them for minor/common issues. http://entropiaplanets.com/threads/fix-a-broken-gold-card-reader.19603/

I also updated just now, zero issues... who abducted MA workers and put in competent workers ffs
I'm guessing it was pretty high priority to get it updated and working solidly. I believe there have been a few app purges in recent years on the play store and even the apple one and there have been a lot of changes around how security/permissions requests work for apps.

So probably if MA didn't get the update in and working right, they'd risk locking out the whales. This is the problem with going to third party platforms like those run by Google. You are under their thumb and what Google says goes,... like it or get out. Similar situations happened with HTTP only websites and also the chromium platform support for win7.

There is no new version on play store, i deactivate that and still only old one on store.... pffff

There is no new version on play store, i deactivate that and still only old one on store.... pffff
There is a new one, because I can now install it on my 64-bit phone, and i couldnt before this update.

How do you know if it's the new version that is available?

I was able to get it working on google authenticator. so will see if that holds up past update time.

I noticed today a different icon on my phone for Entropia pocket, a more round one, it seems it was updated today.

If wasn't for the new app icon I wouldn't even noticed that it got updated.

Using an Huawei phone with almost 5 years (Android version 8.0.0). All working nicely! (y)

edit: inserted Android version.

Last edited:
They say you need to install fresh, but seems is auto updated.. maybe

I use the app on an old phone that only has the purpose left to provide my TANs.

Will it work with Android 6.0.1 ?
(There are no more updates to the old phone)

I STILL detest this garbage. I still want my Gold Card back! I didn't need updates and never had problems with it. My Gold Card was so old it reads Project Entropia and I bought it from the TT. In all that time using it daily, I only needed to change the battery once. I never lost or misplaced it. Now I regularly lose track of the phone that is only used to log in and have to wait at least once a week for it to charge because I failed to plug it in. I complain about wanting my Gold Card back regularly. I'm not even sure where that code I wrote down is. I really hope MA finds a better more convenient system.

Auto updated over the weekend. No issues with the application.

I deactivated old version ( by MA) ,installed new entropia pocket scanned QR code and activated .
But problem now is when i want to login and i type 6 digit code from entropia pocket it says its wrong code. No idea why.. i deactivated and reactivated again but result is the same. Any suggestions what it might be the problem?
Thank you

On my phone, I have "Entropia Pocket version 3.0", is that the newest version of the app?
Regards
Rob Green

I deactivated old version ( by MA) ,installed new entropia pocket scanned QR code and activated .
But problem now is when i want to login and i type 6 digit code from entropia pocket it says its wrong code. No idea why.. i deactivated and reactivated again but result is the same. Any suggestions what it might be the problem?
Thank you
Perhaps better not to deactivate old version. The opening post only mentions deactivating if needed after you have updated. So some people may not need to deactivate.

Anyway what's done is done. It seems the code is now out of synch. To get it in synch only support can do that. So make a ticket to synch your code, perhaps update the ticket you have already made. Then you just have to wait for support to do that,

Back