Entropia Universe 10.8.0 Release Notes

Another annoying issue fixed:

• Copy/Paste in MS-Excel is no longer messed.
(Formulas and cells format were not copied, only visible text/figures.)

Hehe I think I love this VU. :yay:

Oo that's excellent news, I hadn't noticed that one :)

There seems to be something wrong with this VU though. Where are all the bugs? I expect there'll be a patch at the beginning of next week to introduce some :D

The only thing missing in the last shot is sun bathers and pro beach volleyball tournaments 8=}}
No no no!!! Not Pro Beach Volleyball!

Topless Pro Beach Volleyball!!!:tongue4:

A Second look at the Troy area from a person who "hear" rather than "Sees"

Ok everyone make sure yer sitting down.

MA / FPC / designers and programmers.. I am utterly impressed with what you did to Troy! The new look is insanely realistic. I was just amazed when I ran thru a bush and it actually bent out of my way instead of just running thru a void. VERY good job on this one guys!

I cant say how much I am now excited again about playing EU. If you make the rest of it near this quality It will be an incredible accomplishment.

The only setback I see is maybe a tad too much high grass. It will be impossible to find stones and probably fruits only show because of the butterflys. And maybe mob spawns are too crowded for bush this thick. maybe cut back spoawn numbers and adjust with respawn speeds? I was expecting more of the same blah withthis VU and I will say iot again I am Thoroughly impressed.

The only thing missing in the last shot is sun bathers and pro beach volleyball tournaments 8=}}

Well after reading this post I decided to check out the Fort Troy area myself and evaluate the new and interesting scenery that looks very realistic.

Now as for your comment about the fruits and stones I tend to agree, but then I have to think that this will be a true challenge for the fruit and stone hunters.. It will be the proverbial Needle in a haystack scenario for them.. so keen eyes will be needed to spot those stones/fruits in this area..

Now as for the mob spawns..

I think cutting back the spawns so they aren't too crowded is a good idea but I would say don't cut it back too thin.. After all I went out hunting with a TT Knife (and not a gun) and the scenery for a guy who hunts with a knife is more advantageous as now you have to use your Hearing to hear the mobs rather than see them visually.. (Some visual hunters might complain about the scenery but I thought it was fun and challenging.. especially west of Troy where I could hear Foul out in the brush but couldnt see them..so I tried to go a different direction..) In short I loved the challenge of "Stalking" the mobs and then jumping on them.. (or sometimes they got the jump on me.. it was really all about listening and trying to fnd that "Rustle in the brush" Picking up on clues like those). Like I said, Some visual hunters and people who hunt in 3rd person will complain but for a FPS Hunter or a knife fighter (even though I'm more proficient with laser rifles with scopes on them) love the fact that now you have the extrasensory perception of listening to the Daikiba grunts or the Exasaur whines or even the Foul cries to know that they're out there.. but you don't exactly know where they are, makes this area more challenging and exciting then the rest of Eudoria

And yes that one screenshot of the sandy beach impressed me more.. I could imagine some beach front cottages there along with the sunbathers and those volleyball players.

But do I like the new makeover of the area? I still am up in the air about this, but once I depo again, I'll probably go hunting in the area around Fort Troy more.. After all if this is what quality looks like, then I'm all for it..

Good work MA/FPC on this new makeover .

Ben Coyote a.k.a "The Blind Sniper"

Oh, btw

Changed to only being able to decrease own health to 1 point minimum.

- Does this mean no more suicide in PVP 4? :(

Don't think this should have been done unless they also stop the ability for players in lootable pvp areas to drag HP bars from other players.... Come on lets make pvp actually based on player skills no more of this click n drop pk'ing.

Removing the dragable HP bars would see a lot more players in these areas imo

Must say though, absolutley stoked the "Auto-Use Tool" action has finally been fixed for the extractors :D

Maybe something you should consider: With VUs which are already rather huge in size you might be better off downloading the full installer instead and reinstall. Why? That way you are sure that an update doesn't trash the installation and all your files are valid. Make a backup of your settings-file of course ;).

Furthermore, if your HDD or anything else breaks or you want to reinstall for another reason, you already have the full installer with no need to download some more 3.5GB.

Patch is stuck at "Applying"... been sitting there for 20 mins doing nothing :(

Turn off your anti-virus software or defragment your HDD.

Back