Entropia Universe 12.0.4 Release Notes

im sure this was done to nerf the tango pvp cheat that was being done. so stop ur bitchin
If Ma can't stop the cheats withpout screwing everybody else, then everbody else is entitled to bitch.

Anyway, think it was done to stop more than just that, or they could and should have just applied it to PvP.

But whether its PvP or mobs, if they won't let you jump on your vehicle, they ought at least to let you equip your gun,after dropping a bomb. I don't know why they intoduced the delay in equipped a different type of tool anyway, but its bloody inconvenient and they just made it all more so with this new measure. If they don't want people mining round mobs they're gonna have to clear an awful lot of mobs, because that doesn't leave many places at all, on Calypso.

Come on people, relax a little bit. The EULA change regarding market manipulation is most likely put in place so that they can ban actual blatant manipulators that do it repeatedly. Just look at it this way, if you are doing something you know is wrong or affectin the market, you are inviting a potential ban. Most people aren't doing this. They aren't going to go around banning people for undercutting a price on auction, that is free market, not manipulation. Manipulation is very easily noticed. MA banning a bunch a people is not going to help them out any. This is just official wording put in place so they can act if they need to. I see very little wrong with it. Play correctly and you have nothing to worry about.

Running repair tool right after download finished results in tons of CRC mismatches, as usual.

Come on people, relax a little bit. The EULA change regarding market manipulation is most likely put in place so that they can ban actual blatant manipulators that do it repeatedly. Just look at it this way, if you are doing something you know is wrong or affectin the market, you are inviting a potential ban. Most people aren't doing this. They aren't going to go around banning people for undercutting a price on auction, that is free market, not manipulation. Manipulation is very easily noticed. MA banning a bunch a people is not going to help them out any. This is just official wording put in place so they can act if they need to. I see very little wrong with it. Play correctly and you have nothing to worry about.

Absolutely agree with that.

Sometimes, when you read EULA (not only EU's - any else) - you can feel that you doomed before you agree on that. It's just juridical instrument.

Hmm. I don't know how to account for your different experience, but there was a definite change a few months back.

I never before had this shit with my gun failing to equip, and i go on trying and trying to use it, and end up dropping another bleeding probe instead.
Yes, the yellow "Failed" messages that started appearing a while back were infuriating. My solution was to be patient.

These messages afflicted all sorts of activities if I remember correctly, but I doubt they were a delibarate feature implemented by MA.

Personally, I don't like the effective ability to drop bombs and probes simultaneously (i.e, to mine ore and enmatter at the same time). Maybe I'm set in my ways, but my solution is that I now rarely mine. I do other things instead.

Anyway, my point that I have NEVER been able to defend myself while mining equipment was reloading still stands. The removal of vehicles as an immediate sanctuary while mining simply returns things to how they were previously, IMO.

Already been a few discoveries for those unable to log in:

Paavo PP Pesusieni is the first colonist to discover Arctic Truck 4x4! A record has been added to the Hall of Fame.

so stoney stoned is the first colonist to discover Cheap Ass Ammo! A record has been added to the Hall of Fame.

Paavo PP Pesusieni is the first colonist to discover Arctic Snow Pants (F)(L)! A record has been added to the Hall of Fame.
Paavo PP Pesusieni is the first colonist to discover Arctic Boots (F)(L)! A record has been added to the Hall of Fame.
Paavo PP Pesusieni is the first colonist to discover Arctic Combat Parka (F)(L)! A record has been added to the Hall of Fame.

Also some pistol, fap, "Ammo (High Grade)" and other clothing...

Personally, I don't like the effective ability to drop bombs and probes simultaneously (i.e, to mine ore and enmatter at the same time). Maybe I'm set in my ways, but my solution is that I now rarely mine. I do other things instead.

Also there is solutions: to drop only for ore, or only for enmatt, or both same time. (facepalm.jpg)

Also there is solutions: to drop only for ore, or only for enmatt, or both same time. (facepalm.jpg)
True, but I find it too fiddly to alternate ores and enmatters like I used to. Therefore, I don't bother.

Last edited:
They finally did IT.

They removed all hunting loot on Arkadia. ^^

All mobs are no looters. (tried Oratan myself)

Arkadia Forum

Fixed Fixed...1GB of fixed...w/o any new content.....

Fixed Fixed...1GB of fixed...w/o any new content.....

So, what would you call this?

Mindark is proud to announce:

NEVERDIE Studios in partnership with Universal present a new themed Destination - Hunt The Thing! It is inspired by the coming Universal Studios movie The THING. The landscape is cold, with ice and snow. There is a laboratory there and you can find both scientists and military on site.

Getting there:As a current participant, the only way to enter this destination is by teleporting there from ROCKtropia.

Several new items discovered already...

o. You may not interfere in any way with the virtual economy of Entropia Universe and/or with other Participants’ ability to use or enjoy the auction system or any other trading system in Entropia Universe. The foregoing includes, without limitations, the prohibition of manipulation or cause to manipulate statistical data, directly or indirectly. This prohibitions includes, without limitation, prohibition of price manipulation and/or price fixing regarding virtual items on the auction system.

Does that mean when a new item is crafted, like the QUAD for example, and a group of crafters keep the price at 2500Ped for over 4 weeks they will now be in violation of the EULA for price fixing?

I think it's more for the new planets to stop people buying all stocks of certain items and then immediately relisting them at a higher price.

A few days ago welding wire was being listed at 5000% on Ark with no other options to buy except by street trader. With so few people putting items on auction it means one or two can manipulate the market in certain things if players can't move between planets to buy at a cheaper price. Anyone buying at that higher price will also affect the MV on all other planets.

As for the hp decrease and time extended for floating in space this was probably done to allow pk'ers to kill all the passengers on a full MS or PR.

Last edited:
I think it's more for the new planets to stop people buying all stocks of certain items and then immediately relisting them at a higher price.

A few days ago welding wire was being listed at 5000% on Ark with no other options to buy except by street trader. With so few people putting items on auction it means one or two can manipulate the market in certain things.

I would not call that market manipulation. That's just buying and trying to sell higher.

I would not call that market manipulation. That's just buying and trying to sell higher.

if you're buying up all the stocks available, leaving none for anyone else and then relisting them so that your the only supplier at 10x the currently listed MV I'd call it manipulation.

As for the hp decrease and time extended for floating in space this was probably done to allow pk'ers to kill all the passengers on a full MS or PR.

I think it's so that if someone has 300+ HP and you are doing 1.0 per shot, they can now be looted same as everyone else. I see it as evening the field a bit.

I think it's so that if someone has 300+ HP and you are doing 1.0 per shot, they can now be looted same as everyone else. I see it as evening the field a bit.

true but if you've just spent time destroying a MS full of passengers, 10 seconds just isn't enough time to kill everyone to loot them. So dropping everyone to 10hp and increasing the amount of time you have will allow more to be picked off.

True it levels the field a bit regarding players and I don't see anything wrong in that, but it also makes the MS and PR a much better and more profitable target for pk'ing especially in teams as everyone gets a share even if you attacked the ship and died in the process.

They didn't add : Mobs on Arkadia will no longer loot anything!

Come back to Calypso then! We miss you....

I miss you guys too..... but .... but I like it here on Ark, I guess if it doesn't get fixed soon I will have to come back :girl:

•As a passenger or crew on a destroyed spaceship, your health points are reduced to 10 directly when you start floating around, choking, in space. Loot from these choking participants, will be divided between those who did damage to the destroyed spaceship.•Increased the time an avatar floats in space before death.

Whaaaat??? Have I misunderstood this? Does this mean that the pirates dont have to kill the avatars anymore, just the ship in order to loot? Or they still have to kill the avatar, but all those who brought down the ship will get a proportion of the loot?

edit -

ah so its not just me who read it like that :(

That mean traveling in space is safe now !!! U need only ask your frind to damage your ship lets say 90 % just outside safe zone. In worse case when u get caught by pirates he will get ypur stuff

true but if you've just spent time destroying a MS full of passengers, 10 seconds just isn't enough time to kill everyone to loot them. So dropping everyone to 10hp and increasing the amount of time you have will allow more to be picked off.

True it levels the field a bit regarding players and I don't see anything wrong in that, but it also makes the MS and PR a much better and more profitable target for pk'ing especially in teams as everyone gets a share even if you attacked the ship and died in the process.

Talk of levelling the playing field, pirates already had it too easy. The only way they could lose was by expending loads of ammo and getting no loot for it. still, they often did get loot, especially when going for the smaller ships with only 1-2 avas on board. They were already easy enough to Pk as it was. And if a few avas were more difficult, well, if somebody;'s spent years building up their stats, it'd generally accepted that they do deserve a bit of an advantage for that. Why should space be an exception to that rule?

I think that before MA came up with a way to make things even easier for pirates, they should have come up with a way to give pirate hunters a fighting chance. Once he's robbed you, all the pirate has to do is T, and then he's at an SS right next to a TT where he just trade in all the loot. If the space police come after him, they can shoot him down but they can;t get the loot back, that's gone. And what does he care if he gets shot down at that point? It would make for a much more interesting and fairer game if it was harder for the "bad guys" to get away with it, and if there was also something in it for the "good guys". That's where the playing field really needed levelling.

jay:)

Changed behavior when increasing maximum SI value: you can now add any number of minerals to the SI management terminal (up to the maximum stack size per mineral type) and this increases the maximum SI value accordingly. However, the ship's health is not affected; for this you need to repair the repair sections. As before, the final result is affected by your profession level as a Vehicle Structure Engineer.

Does not work in my privateer :(

The trader proffession has been in the game since the beginning why the change of heart? Monopoly has been seen as a way to be smart nothing else. If you want to break monopoly just add more of them to the game. I bet the useless Balance manager made you add this.[/B]

[/B]

well spoken

;)

why does this bs take 1 gig to download...

please get rid of that spaceshit already

Back