Error 425 429

Tayonas

Provider
Barry Tayonas Marshall
I have spoken directly to MA staff and told them I'd do a post, so this is directly from MA to me and I am writing the long version out.

To clear a 425 or 429 error:

Get your IP address from whois.com
Go to entropiauniverse.com and use Live Chat
Nicely ask for your 425 or 429 error to be cleared and give them your IP.
Wait, usually pretty fast but can take a few hours.

It is recommended by MA you DO NOT connect to Entropia Universe web client via your mobile data or any other means that does not have the same IP as your Entropia Universe game client. Logging into the game then logging into the web interface may lead to a 24 hours lockdown of your entire account.
It is recommended you log out of your web client when you are done.

What causes a 425 or 429?
The errors are caused by resending an incorrect pass over and over. In Entropia it usually happens once you log into your account and use 2fa to access deposits or items or some other protected space.

Personally I think in my case what is happening is Chrome's memory management is kicking in, suspending the page and then periodically refreshing for a keep alive and is failing because the 2fa expires. I've told MA, hopefully there will be a fix in the form of a form resubmission request or a 'you have been logged out'.

I have spoken directly to MA staff and told them I'd do a post, so this is directly from MA to me and I am writing the long version out.

It is recommended by MA you DO NOT connect to Entropia Universe web client via your mobile data or any other means that does not have the same IP as your Entropia Universe game client. Logging into the game then logging into the web interface may lead to a 24 hours lockdown of your entire account.

The errors are caused by resending an incorrect pass over and over. In Entropia it usually happens once you log into your account and use 2fa to access deposits or items or some other protected space.

Personally I think in my case what is happening is Chrome's memory management is kicking in, suspending the page and then periodically refreshing for a keep alive and is failing because the 2fa expires. I've told MA, hopefully there will be a fix in the form of a form resubmission request or a 'you have been logged out'.
It's not because of the 2FA. I use goldcard, and the goldcard currently has login issues. So I can only reach the pages without 2FA.
I'm getting the error sometimes when I leave the website logged in and later try to refresh the page.

1. I log in to the website, check my support case to see if they've made any progress to the login issues for goldcard users.
2. I see they haven't responded yet, so I start playing DotA
3. After my DotA game(s) I refresh the EU website to see if they have made a response
=> HTTP 425 error.

Interesting read, it does give some clues why some people get banned but MA has thus far not bothered to explain anything.
I have so far suspected the loginscreen with a redirect to an error page that everyone gets booted off to during maintinence as the main culpit cause if you keep trying to login there you get that generic error that you cannot log in at this time even after the webpage is up and running.

It's not because of the 2FA. I use goldcard, and the goldcard currently has login issues. So I can only reach the pages without 2FA.
I'm getting the error sometimes when I leave the website logged in and later try to refresh the page.

1. I log in to the website, check my support case to see if they've made any progress to the login issues for goldcard users.
2. I see they haven't responded yet, so I start playing DotA
3. After my DotA game(s) I refresh the EU website to see if they have made a response
=> HTTP 425 error.
I get what you are saying but the error apparently is only caused by a bad pass being sent the 2fa is the only thing that changes and if the page resubmitted anything it would be the login and pass.

I'm not saying you are wrong or it doesn't happen, what I am saying is what I have read it shouldn't happen like that.

Technology is great ... when it works ...

Interesting read, it does give some clues why some people get banned but MA has thus far not bothered to explain anything.
I have so far suspected the loginscreen with a redirect to an error page that everyone gets booted off to during maintinence as the main culpit cause if you keep trying to login there you get that generic error that you cannot log in at this time even after the webpage is up and running.
It's been a while since I got booted for the login screen refreshing, I know what you mean and I've only avoided it because I haven't been about.

Took me about 5 years to learn to just close it during maintenance :D

Thank you. This was extremely helpful for me today. First time getting this error, and I was at a loss. They had it fixed for me in no time.

Wait, does that mean that they bind an entire session to the EU-service to one IP-address? So one can't use more than one device to access EU and EU-related sites that require 2FA?

Or does it mean that they store the 2FA-token entered on first login in the web-browser (cookies or local storage) and keep reusing that with every reload for the next 24 hours?

If it's the latter, clearing cookies and local storage in the browser should fix the problem, IMHO.

I've never got the error so far, I'm just trying to understand what's going on.

Wait, does that mean that they bind an entire session to the EU-service to one IP-address? So one can't use more than one device to access EU and EU-related sites that require 2FA?

Or does it mean that they store the 2FA-token entered on first login in the web-browser (cookies or local storage) and keep reusing that with every reload for the next 24 hours?

If it's the latter, clearing cookies and local storage in the browser should fix the problem, IMHO.

I've never got the error so far, I'm just trying to understand what's going on.
The IP address is only bound for the one session as far as I can see, a new 2fa is needed every time. Even if I close the webpage and reopen the tab in the same browser session it will ask to continue then if I need to go somewhere important ask for the 2fa again until I log out.

The game was launched in 2002 so I would imagine they have had to defend from everything circa 1995, man in the middle attacks, people hacking in game after stealing their web login details, all that and more ... they probably get their server hit regular I would imagine. Nothing like a good 0 day to force maintenance :D

It's pretty impressive the server stays up 24/7 tbh. We're complaining about lag and they're probably getting hit with 3 botnets and 50 billion requests per second.

I already tried to clear the cache and cookies etc. 4 days it was locked until someone said to ask chat and I ended up getting someone that knew everything and what I was talking about.

Back