Error Code with Gold Card

Dcmight

Provider
Society
Global Alliance
Dean Dcmight Harris
Ok so most people have been getting the good old "Error 72" on their Gold Card Readers, but just today i got a new one has anyone Got info on "Error 76",

thx in advance Hopefully i might get some idea before i call Support,

Dcmight

Last edited:
I've been getting lots of errors, I just ignore them until I get a valid code.

Use the end of the card without the chip, slide it in a couple times to clean the contacts. Try the chipped end of the card again. Repeat if you get another Error Code 72.

Error Code 72 is an Easy Fix i was just wondering if there was any info on Error Code 76

Never seen 76.
72 and a rare 73 is all I've seen.

for opening post, Hey Dc. error 76 means your too noob to log in.

Hope to see you soon.

for opening post, Hey Dc. error 76 means your too noob to log in.

Hope to see you soon.

ahhh so thats it, Thanks for that mate i didnt realise..

Seeya ingame mate

Other day I had 72, 72, 72, 76, 72, 72

When this happens I find pressing the buttons on the reader seems to do something but not sure what :laugh:

Visually I can see 7 main sectors on the chip in the GC, I suspect the 2nd number in error refering to the unreadable sector.
I dont know this for sure but having had similar read failures I gave the GC chip a scrub using a cotton tip up & down the partitions of those sector with Isopropyl alcohol the read error vanished.
Or
Is this a bad remedy for the circuit within... anyone know ???

Last edited:
Im yet to see a 73 to my knowledge.

But thx for the info

I only seen it once,but who knows.. I might have been tired at that moment.

Visually I can see 7 main sectors on the chip in the GC, I suspect the 2nd number in error refering to the unreadable sector.
I dont know this for sure but having had similar read failures I gave the GC chip a scrub using a cotton tip up & down the partitions of those sector with Isopropyl alcohol the read error vanished.
Or
Is this a bad remedy for the circuit within... anyone know ???

well the contacts are made of gold and the chip is embedded in a plastic resin so it shouldn't cause any problems cleaning it with iso alcohol.

Back