EU and Openoffice?!?

luthien

Prowler
Society
Project -X-
Luthien Eldar Tinuviel
Hey,

i got a problem for a few days now (i think it was after an update).
everytime i try to type in the stats of the hunting run that just ended openoffice calc freezes after a few secs.

asson as i shutdown EU openoffice calc unfreezes an i can keep on working with it.

does anyone got the same problem?

here some system stats:

windows 7
4GB ddr3
dual core 2,8ghz
nvidea gf gtx 260m

PS: i tried also a mobile version of openoffice.

hmm...

have not tried that... may give it a try to see if I run in to the same problems... I don't usually use Open office these days... I mainly use google docs. It has about the same amount of funtionality as calc, only it's online, so you can save changes no matter what computer you are on.

just downloading goOO, acc to the developers its faster etc.

tried google docs.. not enough possibilities..

edit: goOO aint working either, maybe because its based on openoffice

Last edited:
have not tried that... may give it a try to see if I run in to the same problems... I don't usually use Open office these days... I mainly use google docs. It has about the same amount of funtionality as calc, only it's online, so you can save changes no matter what computer you are on.

And Google knows a little bit more about you...

I'm having the exact same problem.

The only way is to kill openoffice process and reopen the spreadsheet again.

Another problem I detected is that something is messed with the clipboard. After a while working in the spreadsheet with EU running, I can't copy formulas and entire lines.
Got to close re-open the file.

And yes this started to happen after the update 10.2.1

if i kill OOcalc my changes dont get saved and i have to restore them and data gets lost.. only way for me to keep the data is to shutdown EU.

i guess i gonna write a support case.

Same for me.

When I have EU open and I start open office to record a mining run or hunt, open office freezes. I have to use task manager to shut it down, then when I start open office again it usually works fine. Sometimes open office starts fine but if I try to cut/copy and paste it freezes and I have to use task manager to shut it down.

I've had similar problems off and on with open office for all of the time I've used it. But prior to the update 10.2.1 it was working pretty much 99% of the time no problems. Now it's 100% of the time when I start open office with EU running open office will freeze at some point, usually when I first start it.

ive just send this support. lets see what happens:

2009-11-13 18:43 Du schriebst:

Hi,

since VU 10.2.1 i experienced some problems using openoffice calc while im running EU.
everytime i start openoffice calc now and EU is running in the backround it OO calc freezes.
if i shut down EU it unfreezes and i can work again at the document.

first i thought that its would have been my systems fault so i started a thread on ef.com.

it seems like others experienced this too.

my systems data.

windows 7
4gb ddr3
2,8ghz dual core
gf gtx 260m

kind regarts

XXXXXX

2009-11-13 18:43 Du schriebst:

i forgot the ef.com link:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/technical/170513-entropia-universe-openoffice.html

Open office is open source?

Open office is open source, right? Maybe MA is going to use some of the code for it to put calculators in the game? (ok, I'll stop dreaming now)

2009-11-14 18:03 Entropia Universe-Support:

Hi,
Windows 7 is not officially supported yet. However, Entropia Universe should run fine with Windows 7 even though it doesn't recognize it as the current operating system. This should not affect actual gameplay and you should still be able to launch Entropia.
Please follow the News section on the website for further information and developments.
Thank you for your report. We have forwarded the issue to members of the design team for further investigation. Any irregularities found will be adjusted automatically. Please follow the News sections of the website for further information and developments
Thank you for your patience.
Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

hmm maybe its better now at vu10.3

Back