Event system coming

But if you could list any event on a calendar there will be *MANY* events listed every day. You would have to wade through the junk ones to find one even remotely intrested. Its hard to tell how many would be listed daily, but if it was free, and specificly if it gave you something (global, items, etc..) then MANY people would do it. You could have hundreds of events listed every day, and how would you find what you want easyly, how would that be a useful feature for the game?

If getting your event listed in the in-game event calendar costs 10 ped then you'd see FAR less pointless events added, since adding 10 is 100 ped! And if your unable to recover or fund 10 ped to hold your event then your event probably isn't even worth listing on the calendar.

Why should everyone get a special event building? These should be reserved for SPECIAL events, those where LARGE amounts of people are expected to attend. You'll pay money to mindark to reserve not only a special place in-game but also additional servers/resources necessary to host the event with minimal lag. As it is now there is very few areas in the game that can support alot of people, and even then they're pretty darn laggy. This fee for the building rental would be for mindark to pay for additional servers to make the events less lag prone. This I think would help the game, since high profile events, those with mindark employees, those hosted by the big forums or societies... would be far more stable and less lag, which is the biggest problem with large events.

This system can't be implemented so that everything is free. And global messages are infinitely rare for events. Only the largest profile events have warrented mindark issueing a global annoucement. This is how it should remain. Only the biggest events should get them, not everyone. It could be free but mindark would have to choose which events warrent it.

The event system coul be one great adtion to the PE himself, in my ideia it canot be free.

I have another ideia, 2 use the stadium or domes with i will try 2 explain with my bad english.

imagine an place where 2 teams, 5 vs 5 could pay an entry fee and have an arena with some guns like jesters and some ammo and they could play like capture the flag, king of the hill style, like paitball, with some paitball rules, one touch ppl apears on revival, etc. and except on decay and lots of ammo etc ppl paying rented time like 100peds hour or something like that. The wining team could take 50 peds 4 victory and the rest of money 2 pay the renting time 2 MA. (free skills for the winners, peds 4 MA, the losers team can try again later), i think this could be alot of adictiv and sure for MA could have 1 or 2 orr more "areas/domes" with constant earning without interfering with the loot table.

Why do so many people think events should cost money? MA wants events to be completely left to the community. If events cost money then they just won't happen nearly as often. In my experience, the events that are about money are the least fun of all. And charging 1000 PED for globals is the most ridiculous idea I've ever heard! If you want globals only for big events, then have a viewer registration in the Event Terminal and only global the events with a minimum number of registered viewers. Events MUST be free if you want them to happen. Awards and trophies could cost money, but many events are not about winning. Some events are just about having a good time. Some are to help noobs. Some are for skilling. Some are practice for things such as LG. Why should an event organiser have to pay for an event to help noobs or to train new soc members? Why should we have pre-determined prizes? Maybe we want to give out common but useful items as prizes. A basic event with an area marked off for event participants and/or viewers only should be free. Extras can cost more. And I'm sure MA employees won't be homeless over it :p

Last edited:
Onica said:
Why do so many people think events should cost money? MA wants events to be completely left to the community. If events cost money then they just won't happen nearly as often. In my experience, the events that are about money are the least fun of all. And charging 1000 PED for globals is the most ridiculous idea I've ever heard! If you want globals only for big events, then have a viewer registration in the Event Terminal and only global the events with a minimum number of registered viewers. Events MUST be free if you want them to happen. Awards and trophies could cost money, but many events are not about winning. Some events are just about having a good time. Some are to help noobs. Some are for skilling. Some are practice for things such as LG. Why should my an event organiser have to pay for an event to help noobs or to train new soc members? Why should we have pre-determined prizes? Maybe we want to give out common but useful items as prizes. A basic event with an area marked off for event participants and/or viewers only should be free. Extras can cost more. And I'm sure MA employees won't be homeless over it :p

Long quote and terrible grammar :silly2: but rep added ;)

It will be very very interesting to see the reaction once the system is implemented. You may get what you wish for, but think long and hard as to if that is what you really want.

I, for one, do not want the event system to change my gameplay. By that, I mean, if I don't want to be involved with events I don't want my chat spammed with globals about Singulars latest n00bie boxing match (no offense m8).

The fees, as many have suggested, would only help to keep the number of events under control. This is good for those not interested in events as well as those who are interested in events.

Benefits of fees:

For those not interested in events:
Less lag on the servers than without fees.
Less intrusion in gameplay
Better loot (assuming it goes to the "lootpool")

For those interested in events:
Less events to wade through
Less events to compete with
No "false" events
Better quality of events
Better loot (assuming it goes to the "lootpool")

Events SHOULD cost money. This is a "Virtual Universe" it should be like RL. In RL it costs lots of cash to put on a first class event.

DD
:evilking:

i agree with Onica and DD so i've come to one conclusion.

Simply for an event a prize has to be submitted to the trade Terminal.

All this talk about trophies and crowns and stuff...I realy think are the problem. IF we need them that bad there should be one miss calypso and Mr Calypso contest a year and MA should provide the crowns.

Global messages are not nessasary to be given out to everyone. People will know to chek the event terminal. And mabey once you have signed up for an event a global reminder can be sent to those participants only... I know this has to be possible ever since everyone but Tera got that global message.

the fact is though that i doubt we can do much more talking about this now because i'm sure MA has already figured out what to do and thought of somet things we didn't and it will be kewl.
back to the REAL IMPORTANT THINGS THAT WE NEED
we need things to make events possible. we need an arena that can control some sort of rules and regulations. and a system for sorting out participants spectators and assholes to make even having an event fun and worth while.

Last edited:
What if events were held off planet at either the Crystal Palace Space station or a third new venue, like a Space Coliseum, created and used only for events? If it was set up so the organizers had to have access to ships to act as shuttle transport, this could ensure the vested interest of the organizers and create revenue return for their investment. There could be societies who’s main focus was event planning and organizing. This is not to say that individuals couldn’t set up events, but it would prevent people from just setting up events without any forethought or planning.

If a Space Coliseum where the standard venue, it would be great if organizers could customize the space. This could entail “renting” MOBs & items that already exist in the games programing, such as architectural elements, lights, topographical features, etc. or setting up shops with event specific souvenirs (Placeable framed posters, handheld fan flags, etc).
Society luxury boxes could be made available for another source of revenue and for smaller sub-event events. (sub-event events? Ok, I made that term up, but you know what I mean)

In addition, there could be streaming View Screens set up in the bars throughout Calypso and Amathera broadcasting EBN’s coverage of the event. Using the interface type like the auctioneers’ with a clickable popup interface, these could be made accessible to the general public for either a small newbie-friendly fee or for free if it were practical. It works for off track betting and sports bars irl.

I realize this would involve a major logistics nightmare, but the events system has the potential of being really interesting.

Please Note: I know I touched on or paraphrased ideas that have already been mentioned…but was trying make sure that my thoughts seemed somewhat cohesive. I apologize if I annoy with redundancy

^^^^

one of the best new ideas since the start of this thread. ;)

one 'arena' on eudoria, one at TI, and one on crystal palace. =)

each with its own game? or benefits/disadvantages?

maybe one could have an 'obstacle' course, one could be an open arena with some boxes for cover, and one could have two 'forts' that could be defended from either side.

I also like the idea of having estate property at the arena's/colliseums .. for 'box' seating that people can customize, invite people to, etc, have posh parties at gladiatorial events

as well as shopkeepers selling trinkets outside in the marketplace

Hoyt said:
What if events were held off planet at either the Crystal Palace Space station or a third new venue, like a Space Coliseum, created and used only for events? If it was set up so the organizers had to have access to ships to act as shuttle transport, this could ensure the vested interest of the organizers and create revenue return for their investment. There could be societies who’s main focus was event planning and organizing. This is not to say that individuals couldn’t set up events, but it would prevent people from just setting up events without any forethought or planning.

If a Space Coliseum where the standard venue, it would be great if organizers could customize the space. This could entail “renting” MOBs & items that already exist in the games programing, such as architectural elements, lights, topographical features, etc. or setting up shops with event specific souvenirs (Placeable framed posters, handheld fan flags, etc).
Society luxury boxes could be made available for another source of revenue and for smaller sub-event events. (sub-event events? Ok, I made that term up, but you know what I mean)

In addition, there could be streaming View Screens set up in the bars throughout Calypso and Amathera broadcasting EBN’s coverage of the event. Using the interface type like the auctioneers’ with a clickable popup interface, these could be made accessible to the general public for either a small newbie-friendly fee or for free if it were practical. It works for off track betting and sports bars irl.

I realize this would involve a major logistics nightmare, but the events system has the potential of being really interesting.

Please Note: I know I touched on or paraphrased ideas that have already been mentioned…but was trying make sure that my thoughts seemed somewhat cohesive. I apologize if I annoy with redundancy

Awesome idea. I am just going to quote it over and over until everyone agrees with you!

DD
:evilking:

Hoyt said:

Great thoughts! Not certain if it could work, but overall this takes the discussion in a new direction. :girl: cheers

:D Music, Music, Music for the masses!

That's what I want to hear - and I would love to hear live music played through Avatar's!

I am not sure if this has been done before - but wouldn't it be great to have virtual instruments which could be played via MIDI set ups? Musicians could jam in apartments, even busk for cash or put on special events at any of the aforementioned venues. You could even have very bizarre instruments crafted from various mob parts!

Play for cash, play for charity or play for free, it doesn't really bother me, just the prospect of musicians being able to jam together and entertain live would really add an exciting dimension to the game I think and potentially draw crowds.

If you think this a good idea dance like a banana! :banana:

Machman said:
If you think this a good idea dance like a banana! :banana:

oh my you got that dumb gwen stefani song in my head where she spells B A, N A, NA, S...

but kind of a neat idea. I think something like that is done in another game i wont mention or at least you can play an instrument and it has an effect on others. So people would pay for you to play for them as it would gain them something.

Event terminal

Perhaps the event terminal ough to be site-consentrated. I mean it holds ONLY the events in certain cities. And like PA there should be no such terminal because of the flood. So pick like tree cities in PE and put terminals there, each containing joining possibility ONLY in the same area...perhaps a listing how many events on the other city terminals, but no possibility to join those from different city.

It also prevents noobies to missjoin when they do not have the TP on where the event is about to happen....it would be difficult to join, if you do not have the TP you know.... lots of noobies joining into an event far away might make the event flob (nobody might not be able to join)

And that would also mean the noobie cities would be flooded with events.

To prevent flooding; city-concentrated terminals

Secondly I would also like to see a lottery in PE -low cost joining -PED winnings ...would come as blessing for many noobs.... if not peds maybe items instead?

Last edited:
Cay said:
Secondly I would also like to see a lottery in PE -low cost joining -PED winnings ...would come as blessing for many noobs.... if not peds maybe items instead?

In a way, all activities in PE can be compared to this :laugh: A newb sweats, earns enough to buy a cheap 2201 or D1, and automatically enters into a lottery of sorts with looting ;) Plus, it is more "fair" this way in the eyes of both newbs and veterans alike :girl:

:twocents:

Onica said:
edit: One more idea...it would be useful to have a way for the eventholder to PM all participants, especially for events that spead you all over the map.

This idea suddenly made me yearn to co-ordinate a huge whole Calypso wide trophy hunt (a hidden treasure) with some interesting side plots...

Think of Reality-TV shows like the Great Adventure (in which two-people pairs travel around the globe to be there firts) or Good ol´ Pirate Treasure Hunt with maps and hints!!!!

I would like to co-ordinate events with altering participants and many-day-long events (from 2 days to two weeks long events)

I really would like to hide things in woods (dig a hole) and people could skill on spotting holes... am I going too far?? heh

Masters degree

Shadow-Ale said:
To avoid scamming events with "fake" events, what about limiting to "You can only win one event every two months" or something. That way everyone gets a chance, as the uber melee-fighter won't win every battle, and fake events will become useless.

There has to be some kind of "reputation marker" on avatars to make visible to all how skillfull the participant is...and a "skill limit" possibility to events, so the coordinator may pick how skillfull avatars can attend to the event.

Compare: amatheurs/professional olympics

Shadow-Ale said:
About trophies, I love the idea, but what about making it a job? Lets say Starfinder holds an event, and wants a niiiice trophy, so he goes to a master crafter, and orders one trophy with qr 7+, and only that crafter can make it in a set period of time. Nice way to avoid scams.

About skams problem of ring-borrowing for skilling, what about removing skill-gains in events?

So there has to be a "masters degree" and a terminal somewhere where you can be listed and your skills noted... so the coordinator of the event may pick the crafter he wants...it would also work as an "employement office" where you can get the contacting info for listed avatars willing to craft for money and certain info about their skills and cost rates.

This terminal could be used by anyone (if wealthy enough to pay the masters rates) outside events too ofcourse...and we could make the crafting (and hunting and so on) a worthy profession

Listed like: furniture makers, clothes makers, atrox hunters etc.

I know so few people and I have had like 200 situations I would have wanted to hire a professional hunter/crafter when I needed something...but I had no way of finding suitable person...Heard only rumors about master crafters, but had no way of locating them or sending a message to them...Some people might also wanna "hire" a mentor from one of the greatest

Last edited:
banana phone!

music is good yea :banana:
and what if ppl could register an event or something and ppl would have to vote for the event and if it gets like letssay a100 votes it get like registered for real u know :wise: and then ppl sign up and the whole thing gets started

just make the prize for an event like the 24 hour hof, the person who won would have there name and soc and stuff on the 24 hour event winner list

I would like to see one thing in event system:

I am (personaly or as soc leader) owner and manager of some land part in Amethera. I wish to make an event to get alot people hunting on my land. I donate, let`s say, adj fap to this event. And it MUST be dropped from some mob on my land after fulfilling some reqirements (mobs killed, days passed etc). So I give that adj fap either to some kind of terminal, or some MA staff or whatever it looks like, and MA puts that item to loot pool of mobs in my land. People go and hunt, and eventually get that fap....

This is 100% honest way to promote lands. Not some "get uber in my land (don`t matter it`s almost impossible since noone hunt those mobs except you :laugh: ) and I wil give you ... something".

I bet it technically already possible - remeber that Atrox event with that knife.

There are a lot of great ideas...

Create some stadiums! Awsome but make sure everyone has access, but I would like to keep it away from everyone so no group one can dominate the time. The open sections in the Apts would be a great start!

For the winners I would just let the event holder choose the trophy. That stuff will be abused as mentioned.

But with that I can also see sooo much fun! Gladiator style events, fashion, crafting, mass pk'ing...Even a hairstylist event :D

Have it so when you go to the event terminal, there you buy an event deed, the quality(expense of the deed) decide how much you can charge people. This deed is taken back to the terminal when enough people have signed it. Then it gets put on the event viewer, were you give a description of the event along with the fees etc. The day before the event the event deed owner must visit an event terminal to rent the items he wants to make his space interesting. Different spaces would also be allocated to the event depending on the cost of the event deed, huge events would be small colosseums with two columns of signatures, one for competitors and one for viewers. Some huge events would global. The event view should also have a rating so people rate each event making it possible to just look over the ratings of events to find good ones. The winnings ought to be either an item or a percent of the cash raised,this must be set before the deed has been bought and be noted on the deed.

EDIT: goddamit I post and threads die :(

Last edited:
I list here a kind of a minimum event mechanism:

Organisers may need to send and receive messages from participants
and other organisers, whereas participants could only message with
organisers. That would make large events manageable and reduce lag.
Participants could be colored differently in radar, and the avatar text
could indicate what event the guy is into.

Organisers need to see who is in and out, and kick some if needed.
Also opening and closing the registration are needed. The head
honcho of the event could nominate some participants as organisers.
Some participants or organisers could be given right to talk in the
event chat. The event chat is ordinarily used for global info blurps
about events, except when you are in an event, you see it as
the event chat.

I guess events could be free to enable noob events like massive
sweating feast. The publication of the event could be charged
according to how widely it is visible (locally/globally visible events,
duration of the event entry in the events list 2h/24h/7 days).

Those who have properties and land areas could associate it
to the event. Also some public event sites could be (some of them free, some not). Event would have the access control in these cases
and an entry fee (0... infinite peds) could be set for the audience.

Events could be also an efficient new way to manage societies and
to do business. One could call this kind of events with utility value
as "projects" or "missions".

The kind of the results table could be accessed from the event terminal
right after the event is created, and it would show a list of organisers,
participants and two info blurp slots per each avatar:
one edited by organisers, and one for a personal blurp.

Is there a limit to how many events can be hosted simultaneously from one player and/or one society?

Knoop said:
Maybe the 10th (?) floor on the apartment building can be used as "arenas" with a little modifacation.

just checked that (1th time)
yes, good place. and places for viewers are also there.

I think event deeds would be worth-while.

I'm back !

:D
Hey Everyone,
The good word travels fast about the event system! I hope to be back in the game and running events again for you all.
So grab your party hats and get ready for me. ;)

anyone who remembers me has definately been playing a long time for sure!
if you dont, have no worries Dee made a nice site on the EP website with a few of my events.

-----------------------------------------------------

Light Travels Faster Then Sound, This Is Why Most Appear Bright Until Your Here Them Speak.

Of course i remember you. ;)

welcome back Akadian.

Long Live Bloody Boxing! :laugh:

We Dont speak of Bloody Boxing event anymore :dunce:

oh boy, what a mess ;)

I read a few of the posts, but I lack the time and attention to read through 9 pages of that, so I may reuse somebody's idea. Please forgive me.

The idea of a purple Event terminal rocks house! That or a deep blue... I don't really care about the color though.

First of all, I think that only Soc Leaders and Top Rankers should be able to use it. Maybe. I'm not so sure I like that idea the best...
Secondly, there should be several event types (ie. Boxing Match, PVP War, Bar Meet n' Greet, Footrace [Town to Town; Short Distance], Cross Country/ Marathon [Long Distance with several Checkpoints along the way], Scavenger Hunt, Hunting Race). I think you should be able to choose from one of these event types, as each of them will have several characteristics (and possibly different costs).

Also, some sort of prize system should be implemented, so the runner of the event could pick a winner for a door prize (for non-competitive events), or a prize to be automatically given to the winner (for the race type event).

On the above idea, for races, or any event, an entry fee system could be collected. So when somebody enters the event, they would have to pay the set entry fee (the fee amount would be decided by the event sponsor). And maybe the event sponsor could set a % of event fees collected could go the prize winner?

This point is Critical: for each event type, a special system has to be used to set up the event. For races, some kind of map has to be shown, or item used to make the checkpoints. An item that the sponsor gets could be used, and each one numbered, so they could drop the checkpoints wherever they wanted to in an exact location, or using a map system where points could be made on a map.
For a social event, something so select the bar to go to, or less specifically, the city where the bar is, so that everyone can meet at the desired place.
For a Boxing Match/ PVP War, a way to select teams, or for the sponsor to pick the teams would have to be implemented. That or, for the boxing, a Ladder system of some sort for a Boxing Tournament.
For a scavenger hunt, some way to add a SCAVENGER attribute to an item, so only participants can pick it up, or have a few set items that the ET (event terminal) dispenses (eg. Easter Egg, Torch, Glowing Coloured Balls?) These items should be labeled as SCAVENGER ITEM when looked at so noobs dont crowd around it trying to pick it up, giving it away.
For a Hunting Race (either most of a type of mob killed, or a set loot amount [first person to get 5 PED loot wins]), a system of counting the mobs killed, or the loot gathered would have to be used.

-----------------------------------------------

MA could release the Event terminal with only one or two event types in it, and add different event types in each VU. The cross country race, the bar meet, and the PVP War/ Boxing Tournament sound the coolest to me. I dont know. Maybe there are better ideas I havnt read yet.

Feedback? Anyone?

----EDITED----

Last edited:
Back