Event system coming

Devilmaster said:
Fame can be implemented perhaps? As proof of finnished events. Might as well be used for something.
That would be good. Like 5 fame points per event (competitive event that is) you win. Have the ET set up so you can choose if you want a fame-giving event.

I still think the prize window idea is good. So that you can put in PED or items (armor, weapons, tools) for the winner to receive automatically. Have the TV set up so each event you attend will let you see the prize offered, if any. Have it so they see the prize only after they sign up and pay entry fees or whatever, to avoid people joining just for the prize given.

And have a set amount of events you can be registered for at any given time. so you cant farm events.

Marco posted the first post on the 5th of february, more then half a year ago...
I guess the event system does not have a high priority....

:wise:

Singular said:
Marco posted the first post on the 5th of february, more then half a year ago...
I guess the event system does not have a high priority....

:wise:

It does, but it also has a long development cycle.

----EDITED----

Last edited:
Smoking Holland said:
on topic...
Some huge parties would be nice.. :dunce:

We gotta have No in-game music though..something people put in it theirselves...so there gonna be reggae parties..(on tha beach)..undergrond house party(in this hangar..)..ect ect..
Party on.. :D
Ciao a tutti.. :cool:

I could easily stream enough music for about oh 30 people

didn't read all the posts so I hope that nobody suggested this.

but there should be a 2 or 3 tier event system. basically the first tier is player ran events. a minimum number of participants and the winner(s) get whatever prize plus an 'Event Point.'

the next tier of events is society ran events. again winner(s) get prizes and 'Event Points'

the top tier is MA ran events. to participate in these events you need X number of 'Event Points.' These would be larger in scale events with more significant (official) prizes.

<to thoreau's post>

while this would certainly get more people to events it would also create a problem.

for example. player A is a uber skilled player who has 0 event points

player B is a newcomer with many event points.

your hosting a event that is targeted for the uber players and is a advanced level.

player A see this and wants to join but cant cause he doesnt have enough points. not only will he get upset but just not bother with any at all.

it could make them or break them.

Ive been doing events/hosting long enough to know that when most gamers what something they just go for it in the moment.

Hi I think that there should be an event section where say invisible walls are placed and anything inside this area could be dropped and only picked up by the person who dropped it allowing pec art to really come alive people could drop ped and alsorts not having to worry about them being pinched. Events could stretch over a couple of days or weeks so that people could vote on who they believed was the best. I dont know wether it would be possible but say after the event the system could clean up the land and return objects to peoples inventorys (i dont know how this could be implemented) but the art could take place on a singular floor in an apartment block with each room available for each participant.
so what you all think

Regards Rotten Ice

Why not Graffity walls to leave tags or pieces

* right clicking on Graffity Wall(s) opens up an editor
* in editor you see the wall with the abillity to spraypaint, draw, fill etc etc
* pieces remain till the next artist over paints it :) like in rl

all these ugly grey walls need some color
http://www.duncancumming.co.uk/photos/graf0725.jpg

Last edited:
Noteboards would be a fine addition to PE per se. They would contribute to:

• event management (participants, times, places etc)
  • society management (news, info, etc)
  • trading (I buy Santa statues every Friday at PA tp)
  • other group efforts (Theme Park attraction list)

So noteboards should be a separate functionality. One could rightclick on
a player and get his "card", which can be stored in items and dragged
on noteboard to add person as the user of the noteboard. users could
have rights to "read only", "write into own slot", "write everywhere".
The noteboards could be bought and set up in the similar areas as
Hades shopkeepers. There could be also public noteboards, which would
show as many different views as the player has user rigths to.
Noteboards should have a switch to be "public read" or "members only".

Player could set Options so that other player is not able to get
their card.

I added this post here since it is directly related to the event system,
and the event system could be much simpler with noteboards.

i made a typo and got this:

eventchat.jpg

is this a the first sign of the implementation?

Yes it is...

Anyway i got an idea of something for a party events that would be very like capture the flag events (2-4 teams got some respawns in 2-4 diffrend places around dome in witch could be located pyramid like building... (remember AvP the Movie ?) Dome would have 4 respawn points one for each team. After holding top of pyramid for certain amount of time the winner's team would recive one point. After gathering few points (let's say five) team would won and prove that it's the best :p

The building for that purpose can be like 0th floor of apartament's buildings or something like dome BIO labs or something like ancient coloseum. With arena and in middle of it some building to claim for some amount of time. This would be MA created event (let's say in every saturday) there would be leauge and statistic of best teams and members. So called pre-fame system for born killers :p

Also there should be implemented adversiment system to get enough people into player organised events (treasure hunts, races). Maybe even also some beting system could be implemented in far future, allowing players for betting name of player that will win some event or... duels system where two players could fight on ring for some bet (like. they both put 2 ped in some terminal then go to some area where pvp is endabled for only them and they fight for life and death :p who won takes all :p

Diffrend idea could be seek and hide game :D few people is hidden somewhere all over calypso and everyone look for them (because they are important for society or community of Calypso somehow... well whatever it can be anything but they are very important and they have to be found until some time pass)
Person that first click on "missed" target win event and take the prize. Mutation of Seek and hide could be so common Man Hunt event :p Just with avalibility to put a prize on someone's head ! (bounty system that is !) - but only parcipants that entered some entry fee can hunt a bunny avatar :D

Another idea can be a industrial event. Something like a bulk order for some materials, who will gather and supply them first will get a super price for them. Much higher then market price.

Another idea is a puzzle like common event (there could be some items spawning randomly - like a fruits for example) Items could be placed on some pattern like item (there could be few kinds of that pattern like item - after completing pattern item with puzzles item could be worth some tt or could be exchanged for weapon/tool/attachement not avalible on market)

I got plenty more ideas just i have no idea how to explain rules of them in english :p or maybe i'm just a bit too lazy :p it's 1Am already :p

Devon said:
what typo???

in stead of /me blah blah i typed /e blah blah

I hope the event system is generic, so it can be used for example to eliminate the society schools. The newbie training would be an event,
which is going on let's say all the time or some days and times of the week.
The newbies (cadets, trainees, Calypso University students etc.) would
join in the event and share the common chat + a common noteboard.
(The event would be naturally specific for a given society).

Similar usage would be the big hunting trip, where few teams would
have a common event channel to organise the moves. And of course
pvp squirmishes and LG would be events. Two fighting socs could
have a common event channel just for pejorative purposes.

Similar usage would be the large-scale trading, except one team
can be enough if you want to buy out all the street-lysterium on a given
hour. But trading events could have a entrance fee, to get top-society
Tupperware parties etc.

I didn't read all posts so I dunno if this idea was posted before :) *tired*

seeing many landarea owners host events where players that get most globals will get an item or where you attend at some sort of lottery for every global gained to get an item. it would be great if the landowner could just create an event of choice (example the one who get most globals win).. put in the winning price(s).. decide the ending date of the event etc. :)

Dash Smashing said:
[edit: while you're reading this marco, i want gen star tower A to have giant 'A's running down the side. same with B, giant 'B's going all the way down the side.. too many buildings to navigate in a superlag zone = painful.]

:)

Marco, I'm all for this!!!!! Some sort of way to know what building you are going to would be nice..... wasted lots of time trying to find an apt!!! And many noobs I've seen trying to find some apt, and I've had to help them.

:)

new events

:D All of ya have great idaes. tp yes. yes a small cahrge to keep freeloaders out :laugh: THis sounds really cool. :eek:

What bird???
Tell us more, please :)

Ahhh.. That's why OgiMini couldn't tell us more about the CND event in this thread.
Well, I can't wait to hear more. :D

OHHH NOES .. maybe it was THIS BIRD ..... :eek:

Chirpz0r.JPG

patience is a virtue :wise: ... or something like that ...

(and didnt we kill that bird :dunno: )

:nana:

Last edited:
Lykke said:
OHHH NOES .. maybe it was THIS BIRD ..... :eek:

Chirpz0r.JPG
Fear the Chirpy! :bowdown:

Back