Exchange PEDs/Lindens

F-F

Hatchling
Society
Newbie Help Center
Fred BamBam Flinstone
Is it possible to exchange lindens to peds or peds to lindens?
I can't find any information about this. Should I put all topiscs in n00bs Corner? Sorry if this is in wrong section.

Can't you just change lindens to dollar and then dollar to PEDs?

There is no official way to exchange PEDs for anything other than real currency (dollars, krona, euro, etc.) deposited directly to your RL bank account.

While Anshe had her back in EU (does she still own/run it?) she was offering an exchange program, but I believe that's fallen by the wayside. (not to mention being a bit questionable for the exact reason stated above.)

Is it possible to exchange lindens to peds or peds to lindens?
I can't find any information about this. Should I put all topiscs in n00bs Corner? Sorry if this is in wrong section.

Hmm... don't think so.

Can't you just change lindens to dollar and then dollar to PEDs?

This would probably be the only way...

Whats a lindon? :confused:

Some sort of game cash...second life perhaps. Linden dollah just like we get PE dollahs *EUD would be more approriate now I guess :)

My answers from support on this issue

Hi F-F and welcome to the Forum.
You will find many helpful people here who will be able to answer many of your questions.

About a year ago, I was looking into the possibility of Ped/Linden exchanges and selling EU items for Lindens.

After several emails with MindArk support, here is the information I was able to obtain:

2009-08-06 13:47 Entropia Universe Support:
Hi,

All methods to exchange rights of an Entropia Universe item or PED is authorized as long as the complete transaction is carried out within the Entropia Universe environment (namely via the Auction, the trade terminal, PVP trade or the "Drop/Pick"-action).

If you want to exchange real world cash for your Entropia Universe item, you would have to take the step through PED and then cash it out for real money utilizing the "Transfer Center" withdrawal options (regular bank transfer or Entropia Universe Cash Card).

If you want to buy items in the Entropia Universe, it is NOT authorized to pay for these items with real world money outside the virtual universe. You have to take the step through PED in this case as well. All approved methods to buy the Entropia Universe currency are listed under "Deposit" on the website.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

My follow-up question:
Thank you for this information.

I have another question. May I accept peds from a player and pay for those peds by delivering an item outside the Entropia Universe. I have noticed that one participant sells real world items for peds, another delivers a service for peds and a third delivers another virtual currency for peds. If a special license is required for these transactions, how may I obtain such a license.

2009-08-06 17:19 Entropia Universe Support:
Hi,

If there is no regulation about an activity in any of the Entropia Universe connected policies, it is allowed. Please note however that all activities must not infringe any national or international laws (ToU §8.f) so first you should also speak with the tax department in your own country.

The reason why we have decided to set stricter rules to the buying and selling of PED/Entropia Universe items is to protect our participants from getting into trouble. It is only when our authorized transfer options are utilized that we can guarantee the safety of the transaction.

We have had several documented cases where Entropia Universe participants have been scammed when trying to exchange Entropia Universe items for real world cash (for example through PayPal). It has also happened that participants have bought "stolen" PED (i.e. PED which have their origin from credit card fraud) for real world cash. In such cases you might actually risk getting your Account permanently terminated since we cannot verify who is innocent and who is not.

Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

And my Summary:
Thank you again for this information. It was most helpful. I now understand that there are two different rules: (1) I am using my peds to pay for something outside of EU, not probibited and (2) I am using something outside of EU to pay for my peds or EU items, prohibited unless it is through MindArk.
I do not wish to risk my account, so I will act according to this understanding and information.

I hope you and others will find this information to be helpful.

Thank you all for help and replies!
I haven't played long in EU nor SL, but I already like EU more :)

Completely off topic here, but I played second life for about 5 minutes. As I loaded in a really fat guy with huge male genitalia and a black bondage suit flew by me on what I thought was a hoverboard or something. I immediately logged out and uninstalled.

I still sometimes have nightmares.

Oh, and uh... Welcome to Calypso.

Yes we still offer exchange of L$ for PED. Accounts in EU and SL must be in good standing to be added to the Trust List.

We have offered this service continually since Anshe bought the bank.

If you have interest in this PM me.

~Lily

Can I still exchange Lindens for peds? lol stil got a few thousand Lindens left from those stippens

Not sure about Linden, but this sad state of affair in some areas of EU has gotten me spending more and more of my freetime playing{other games}

I have never gotten an SOJ over there, but do get lots of junk items in there that I'd more then happily sell to you for peds! ;)

Ok, enough about other game talk... think it's not allowed here.. surprised this thread has not been closed yet, even though the exchange with other games could be considered a "service"

Last edited by a moderator:
We offer L$ to PED exchange through our website. PED to L$ exchange is limited to players that have high level of trust and established accounts in both games.

Back