alius ally micnolius
Hi all,

Is there anyone who can help me with the next error:

Patch was not executed correctly

Error description:
update_11.0.7.48670-11.0.8.49004.exe

Suggestions:
Make sure you have enough disk space.

This did happen because I needed to reinstall eu again after that my extern hard disk needed to be formated. So as you can guess eu is the first thing installed on it and since it is a 500 gb HD I have plenty of room on the disk anyone has some suggestions? I believe tried everything else that is on the forum.

Greetings,

alius ally micnoliius

Make sure you have enough space on your temp drive, and your system drive as well. It is recommended to keep about 10% of those drives as free space.

I have the same amounts or even more free then when I installed eu a week ago so that should not be the problem.

If you also reinstalled windows etc, make sure it is fully updated and all the drivers, directx etc are up to date. My guess is either you don't run as administrator, or some .dll doesn't match the rest of the system, giving a weird result that makes it think there isn't enough space. Which reminds me, make sure the disk is formatted as NTFS, not fat or fat32. I don't remember exactly it being a while ago, but windows has trouble with some combinations of versions and fat or fat32 and size.
It could also be that the disk is going faulty, and formatting it made the system aware of this. So also you might want to check with the program of the manufacturer that it is still okay.

Ok it is somehow working again with the same patch as before.

This is what I did:

Removing all eu stuff from my user temp
uninstall eu so comp thinks knows all is gone
removing anything else from eu except calypso installer and the patch file of 3.9 gb.

I moved the patch file to another map location and ran calypso installer again until I got the message of Kaspersky (virus scanner etc.) after that I abort the patch installation and replaced the new unfinished patch file with the one I already got. Shut down kaspersky and clicked on the short cut on my desktop.

Thanks for your response and for thinking with me + rep coming for that.

Hmmm weird, right now there aren't any 3.9GB patchfiles. Maybe you mean the full instaler? I'd say download the big installer and patches manually. I got some new disks so reinstalling myself, and have done this a few times, so here is what I do, maybe it helps:

- Install windows, install internet driver, fully update windows with all essential and optional updates (except language files if windows 7), install anti-virus, install drivers
(since you install on external, that's probably not needed right now)
- download installer from planet-calypso website, and run it untill it starts downloading the full installer file. Cancel that.
- download full installer manually, currently http://download.entropiauniverse.com/install/entropia_universe_setup_11.0.7.48670.exe
- download any patches that came out after it, in this case only
http://download.entropiauniverse.com/updates/update_11.0.7.48670-11.0.8.49004.exe
- disable antivirus (it already checked the files, and we got them from a trusted source)
- run full installer, stay around because after a while it will start downloading patches, cancel that
- copy updates to the entropia universe folder (usually c:\program files\entropia universe but something different for you) where the file version.txt is
- run it from that location, it will start patching
- delete patch file (if more patches, repeat from previous step)
- after patches, run entropia clientloader (as administrator if vista or windows 7), go into tools section, repair, click start
- it should say everything is fine, or fix the files
- now you should be able to run EU

if you all this, you still have issues, it is definatly not related to EU, but to your computer/external disk

Follow the link in my signature, there's a post from someone who reported that "out of disc space" problem, which could be solved successfully.

The patcher is not exactly very strict when it comes to "spot the problem", it just outputs the most likely error, whereas it is (in most cases) a simple lack of access rights or your AV software blocking the attempt to write to an .exe file.

Back