Question: FAP Services? Worth it?

ZPF

Stalker
Society
Freelancer
Zelos 'Playboy' Fargen
I've been thinking of getting into healing services (I've heard they get a lot of business during migration).

Was wondering if anyone could offer some information on the best way to break into this industry. Some questions I have are:

1) What's the best mid-level FAP for a FAP service? (Something in the ~5k price range or below preferably, I've been told mod 2350 is okay)

2) How competitive is the market right now? Are there more than enough healers to go around? Hard to find work?

3) Is it reasonable to charge an hourly rate with anything weaker than an Improved/Mod FAP? Or are most people working for decay+ hoping for tips?

4) Do you think these mid level FAPs will hold their market value for a while?

5) In your personal opinion, is it worth it? Why or why not?

Any other advice is also appreciated!

Thanks

Running a healing service is hard business, and if the tiny income is worth it depends on what you think. Even offering healing service for decay only is hard to get clients. I hear even imp and mod fap healers pushing their prices to 20-30 ped per hour now, and even then they struggle to get clients.

Reactions: ZPF
Running a healing service is hard business, and if the tine income is worth it depends on what you think. Even offering healing service for decay only is hard to get clients. I hear even imp and mod fap healers pushing their prices to 20-30 ped per hour now, and even then struggle to get clients.

I figured as much. Don't really have 5k to blow on a FAP anyway, just trying to tone down activities till the market recovers from the summer slump.

Think I might just grab the Cyrene FAP and take whatever little business I can get.

Thanks for thoughts e-lite!

2) How competitive is the market right now? Are there more than enough healers to go around? Hard to find work?

3) Is it reasonable to charge an hourly rate with anything weaker than an Improved/Mod FAP? Or are most people working for decay+ hoping for tips?

4) Do you think these mid level FAPs will hold their market value for a while?
3)
If you never tried to fap someone for a hour or two you can't really imagine how hard it is. Try it and then decide. My friend used to loan my mod ek2350 during the last migration and got nice fat tip every time but he was literally exhausted after runs. Until after one 2h run he was so tired that traded the fap to the guy he was healing by accident. Was a honest guy, gave it back but my friend just gave it up after that.

From the hunter's perspective, there's a ton of difference between healer and a healer. It's a very demanding job, it requires discipline and intelligence and experience. You can say it's a talent. Some guys are plain hopeless and will never get it... and then u can have some total noob and he's like healing god - he understands what u doing like he's reading your mind.
Usually u find out they have played healers in other MMO's for years. Those are the ppl who get clients and have reasonably good steady income while others are left yelling on the #fap channel with no takers.

In the end of the day, even if u good at it and have a job, u might still decide it's just not worth the time and effort.

4)
I wouldn't worry about mod ek line fap prices much. They are pretty close to the rock bottom of the expenses to make one, so I think there's not really anywhere to go for the price. Actually the advent of the resto and resurrection chips the mod ek line has improved their position on the market a little (but that won't affect their price either).

Last edited:
If you never tried to fap someone for a hour or two you can't really imagine how hard it is. Try it and then decide. My friend used to loan my mod ek2350 during the last migration and got nice fat tip every time but he was literally exhausted after runs. Until after one 2h run he was so tired that traded the fap to the guy he was healing by accident. Was a honest guy, gave it back but my friend just gave it up after that.

From the hunter's perspective, there's a ton of difference between healer and a healer. It's a very demanding job, it requires discipline and intelligence and experience. You can say it's a talent. Some guys are plain hopeless and will never get it... and then u can have some total noob and he's like healing god - he understands what u doing like he's reading your mind.
Usually u find out they have played healers in other MMO's for years. Those are the ppl who get clients and have reasonably good steady income while others are left yelling on the #fap channel with no takers.

In the end of the day, even if u good at it and have a job, u might still decide it's just not worth the time and effort.

I have to agree with everything you said here, healing does take your energi out really fast due to: you have to watch your screen for every second and make sure the hunter have full healt, if he move you need to move the secound he does it. This job sounds easy and it's kinda easy but the effort you need to put in to look at the screen and be ready to move, hold down your mouse all of that combined will make you tired as fuck in 2h.

Hunting is way more relaxing and minng is like heaven for lazy people.

If you love profit then go with it but be sure to understand that if you plan to heal 6-7h a day be ready to feel tired and have no energi left over after that time.

Damn, this is good stuff. Thanks Fifth. Very interesting.

I am not ashamed to say I was an amazing healer in WoW :silly2:

Good to know that it takes some skill and competence in EU too!

Now I have to re-think this decision again. Goddamnit. I guess I might try a service with the Cyrene FAP and see if I can handle marathon fapping :rolleyes:

"must spread rep" :(

The Fapping service is now a case of way to many fappers and not enough custom. This was due in the main to mod emk's, super bio chips, and now the divine chips.

If you have imp or mod fap then i guess could be a plan, but otherwise is saturated with healers.

Damn, this is good stuff. Thanks Fifth. Very interesting.

I am not ashamed to say I was an amazing healer in WoW :silly2:

Good to know that it takes some skill and competence in EU too!

Now I have to re-think this decision again. Goddamnit. I guess I might try a service with the Cyrene FAP and see if I can handle marathon fapping :rolleyes:

"must spread rep" :(

Druid healer here :) was fun back in the day :)

I don't think healing is hard and it doesn't requires any "skill" or something like that... just a bit of common sense and full, undivided attention... not something you can do while watching a movie or eating.

Fapping services are always profitable. Healing is another story.

*ba dam tis*

:popcorn:

Think I might just grab the Cyrene FAP and take whatever little business I can get.

Refurbished has over 100% over time, so the first heal comes with a delay. This fact somewhat limits its usability. It's better for mobs that have lower damage but hit often - but doesn't work well on high dmg / low HA mobs.

(Disclosure: I own a Refurbished, and so does my better half; we've even healed with 2*Refurbished, and it leads to lots of overheal)

Refurbished has over 100% over time, so the first heal comes with a delay. This fact somewhat limits its usability. It's better for mobs that have lower damage but hit often - but doesn't work well on high dmg / low HA mobs.

(Disclosure: I own a Refurbished, and so does my better half; we've even healed with 2*Refurbished, and it leads to lots of overheal)

Ahh thanks I'll keep that in mind. I see people requesting it occasionally so I figured it's at least superior to the other low level eco FAPs.

I agree with this. I hire noob faps sometimes, and the Cyrene fap and S10 often costs me more than less eco faps would have due to overheal.

Is it worth punching yourself in the dick for a couple of ped a hour? If you think so, go for it.

p.s I hate healing others

Last edited:
I agree with this. I hire noob faps sometimes, and the Cyrene fap and S10 often costs me more than less eco faps would have due to overheal.

Guess I won't be selling my normal S.I Heart then :cool:

Thanks for the input

Is it worth punching yourself in the dick four a couple of ped a hour? If you think so, go for it.

p.s I hate healing others

Never tried it before, will probably give up and cry after 5 min tbh. But it was fun to get everyone's input ^^

I don't think healing is hard and it doesn't requires any "skill" or something like that... just a bit of common sense and full, undivided attention... not something you can do while watching a movie or eating.
Yes you are absolutely right, all you need is a little bit of mental discipline, attention span more than 5 sec and ability to keep it up for a few hours.

Ofc there's those little differences between faps too (delayed action or instant heal) and hunting styles (hunter who has barely any HP left after a hit vs. someone with more natural HP/better armor that leaves for the healer a fraction of a sec more time to react).

And then there's the experience and intelligence, 2 things that determine if you can read the hunter in the critical situations. Like, you got attacked by another mob while the hunter is still busy with the first. The standard solution is for the hunter to tag the 2nd mob, take it over from you, but sometimes he might decide it's better to finish the 1st one off, then tag the second. How well can you read him? When should you stop healing him and heal yourself? Hunters usually have their own backup fap, will he use it? Will he heal himself, or you? It's a teamplay, you have to think fast, you have to understand the game mechanics and there's no time for the hundred questions.

I think we both know a few ppl who got killed in those messy situations... ;)

Bolded. Thats the key, from what I have noticed.

It gets to be a pain very soon. I got a mod 2350 and now an imp rest chip as well.

I used to be a bit more active in healing service, but nowadays I very very rarely do it, even if I see people asking for the service.

I rather be able to do what I want when I want instead of having to stare at a screen (a hunter's butt?) and guess what is best action to do every second.

Running a healing service is hard business, and if the tiny income is worth it depends on what you think. Even offering healing service for decay only is hard to get clients. I hear even imp and mod fap healers pushing their prices to 20-30 ped per hour now, and even then they struggle to get clients.

Kinda late to the show but what elite said is correct to my knowledge.

I've had Mod 2350, Mod 2600, and still have Adj Resto Chip (for my own use but also had it for healing).

I think healing used to be more profitable but now because so, so many people are offering services, that even with a Mod 2600 (10k fap) you are working for tips pretty much.

As you said, only Improved and Mod faps can charge hourly. Most everyone else is just decay + tips.

It's hard to get clients, the pay is dismal at best, and it really takes a lot of time.

I wouldn't advise it unless you are someone who already plays many hours a day many if not all days of the week and has a lot of free time in-game to heal. Pretty much think of a teenager who just likes to play EU and sweats all day so doesn't mind healing and is happy with 0-10 PED tip for hours of attention. That's who healing is for unless you have an improved/mod fap IMO.

Back