Fertilizer

Siren

Old
So i was running around entropia in my nice new vigi armour killing varies stuff and i saw someone selling energised fertilizer. What is fertilizer for? I mean in real life you use it to help plants grow, does this mean you can farm in entropia? I know it's a noob question but i am curious.

Land owners require fertilizer to maintain/increase the maturatiy/density of the mobs on their land area.

To quote Gremlin:

Gremlin said:
If you lock both the maturity and numbers settings, it takes 1IP per day. 1IP (improvement point) = 20 fertilizer.

It costs IP to get the settings to how you want, e.g. if you want a medium spawn, it would be around 40IP, then you lock it and it costs 1IP per day.

Hope that answers the question,
Grem

Ahh thank you very much for that. Do land owners earn a lot of money doing that then? Seems like one hell of an investment.

Well, they get to set a tax on anything looted or mined in their area.

Often around 5-7%, but it varies.

So if people loot 2000 PED in a day, they might receive 100-140 PED in taxes.

You'd have to consult a land owner on profit / costs specifics.

Fertilzer's pretty cheap. I'd imagine it's pocket change compared to purchasing the land area and purchasing the parts for making DNA.

So... what happens if you cant make it into entropia for a day or two?

Do you loose something then?

Just a guess but the spawn points would probably shut down so no mobs would spawn until the hopper was refilled with fertilizer. Either that or it would drop to min maturity and density.

Most land owners top off the hopper in the fertilizer station on a regular basis so an unexpected problem keeping them off for a few days would not be to likely to hurt their land.

I think it would be cool if there were real agriculture in game. I know farming may sound dull but it could be made interesting.

It would beat sweating for sure if farming was an affordable option....or maybe fishing?

t

Just for the info if u dont know:

Fertilizer = Dung + Grow Molecules

;)

In case someone wants 35k dung I'm the guy selling some.

Back