Few questions from a D2 player

Futan

John Futan Smith
Hi all

Was reading some articles on econmics and got directed to Entropia.

Haven't played MMOs since Asherons Call 2 closed down, so thought I'd give it a try.

Looks like it is going to be an intense learning curve ahead, so I'd like to ask a few beginner questions in this thread as I progress.

1. Lots and lots of guides in this forum, most of them from '07. Where can I find up to date information for brand new players ?

2. Managed to get out to the starter area and started some quests. Got given a dune buggy type thing for one of them and drove down the road. Crashed to Desktop and when I got back in the buggy was gone. Can I get that back somehow ?

3. Ran out of ammo while fighting some lvl 3 thing. Can I not fight hand to hand ? I had to run away, but I was slower than the creature following me and he eventually killed me.

4. How do I get rid of sweat. I tried to sell it on the TT but it wouldn't accept it.

5. How do I get rid of the iritating message popups that tell me who killed/mined what for how many peds ? Don't need that clutter at this point.

All I can think of for now. I sold some pelts and oils to get more ammo, but it looks like I will have to invest a few dollars soon otherwise things are going to get boring pretty quickly.

TIA

OK update to question 2. Was looking at my account items and found this line.

14 Valkyrie T1 (C,L) 1 0.20 PED STORAGE (Calypso Gateway)

I assume storage is one of those terminal things somewhere ?

Hi all

Was reading some articles on econmics and got directed to Entropia.

Haven't played MMOs since Asherons Call 2 closed down, so thought I'd give it a try.

Looks like it is going to be an intense learning curve ahead, so I'd like to ask a few beginner questions in this thread as I progress.

1. Lots and lots of guides in this forum, most of them from '07. Where can I find up to date information for brand new players ?

2. Managed to get out to the starter area and started some quests. Got given a dune buggy type thing for one of them and drove down the road. Crashed to Desktop and when I got back in the buggy was gone. Can I get that back somehow ?

3. Ran out of ammo while fighting some lvl 3 thing. Can I not fight hand to hand ? I had to run away, but I was slower than the creature following me and he eventually killed me.

4. How do I get rid of sweat. I tried to sell it on the TT but it wouldn't accept it.

5. How do I get rid of the iritating message popups that tell me who killed/mined what for how many peds ? Don't need that clutter at this point.

All I can think of for now. I sold some pelts and oils to get more ammo, but it looks like I will have to invest a few dollars soon otherwise things are going to get boring pretty quickly.

TIA

1. Some of the old guides are still valid. Not much has changed. Although, if you want up-to-date information you should find your self an experienced mentor ;)

2. You can recall your vehicles to your storage. Press Y ingame, then search ''recall vehicle'' and then you can recall it to your storage. And yes, storage is a ''terminal'' thing, you can find one in almost any outpost/terminal you visit.

3. Unfortunately you can't kill them with your bare hands, although you can kill them by drowning or dragging them to the turret. To drown, let them follow you into the water, to turret them, simply run inside turrets range
When you get more skilled, you will run faster. Agility influences your avatar running speed.

4. Sweat is meant to be sold to other players. They will usually offer you 1.5 - 2ped per 1k of sweat

5. If you look at the chat window, there should be 11 tiny icons above the chat-box, if you hover your mouse over one of them, you should see what it's for. nr7 in the row is ''read globals'', click that icon and the global messages should be disabled and stop irritating you :)

Welcome to Entropia!

There is no Warden here like in all the blizzard crap games, so you should feel being watched all the time ;).

The guides on the forum are still applicable for most beginner activities. Stuff from Alice gets updated regularly iirc.

Your vehicle is transported back to the Storage terminal, which is the big blue bulky one.

I recommend you explore a bit more and find a good mentor. He will help you out with most of the basic questions. You are right, very steep learning curve but once you're into this thing, you are in for a long time.

I left Diablo 2 almost 8 years ago, never looked back and never regretted the move. :yup:

/Slupor

Welcome to Entropia. :)

3) If you drown or turret a mob, you can't loot it.
In stead learn to not run out of ammo, or carry a backup weapon using different sort of ammo. (blp, laser, MF)

Getting a good mentor, is very good advice. It can save you a lot of time and peds.

I might add, your vehicle is still at the gateway, so you can't access it via the Calypso storage and you have to go back to the gateway via the televator in PA to access the storage there.

Thanks Satans, Slupor & the rest for the replies.

I tried getting to Alice's guide, but getting a gateway timeout message. I'll try from home later.

Welcome to Entropia. :)

3) If you drown or turret a mob, you can't loot it.
In stead learn to not run out of ammo, or carry a backup weapon using different sort of ammo. (blp, laser, MF)

Getting a good mentor, is very good advice. It can save you a lot of time and peds.

Yeah, my bad, I started with 1000s but only realised after I had run out of ammo that the weapon burn was 48 or something. Haven't made enough to buy an extra weapon yet. Will look at doing that when I can.

I might add, your vehicle is still at the gateway, so you can't access it via the Calypso storage and you have to go back to the gateway via the televator in PA to access the storage there.

Thanks, I haven't left the gateway yet, I've just finished the noob mining mission , so I will run the 10kms back to the storage unit.

Thanks, I haven't left the gateway yet, I've just finished the noob mining mission , so I will run the 10kms back to the storage unit.

Note also that there is also a storage at the final location of Gateway, Spaceport Helios, so you won't have to run all the way back to Camp Amundsen in case you lose your car again later :)

Good advice...

I would actually suggest using a melee weapon as backup... doesn't use any ammo (though it will decay), and lets you gain a bit more skills that boosts health :)

Note also that there is also a storage at the final location of Gateway, Spaceport Helios, so you won't have to run all the way back to Camp Amundsen in case you lose your car again later :)

Ah OK. Good info to know.

I'll have to check some maps to see which is closer.

I had just finished building rifles for the signals guy and got given a EWE EP-1 Neutron to go blow some ship up.

I might run back first.

Good advice...

I would actually suggest using a melee weapon as backup... doesn't use any ammo (though it will decay), and lets you gain a bit more skills that boosts health :)

I like the idea of a melee weapon, will get something from a TT when I get a chance.

Any suggestions for a starter melee weap ?

Any suggestions for a starter melee weap ?

yea, the basic TT stuff :) you should max them, they give nice HP boost after you've maxed them.

Back