Fort Troy new vegetation ....now rocks

Rake

Provider
Society
Freelancer
MadHarry Harry InTheSoup
I really love hunting near Fort Troy now in the new dense vegetation, before it was just a shooting gallery and now it is fun to find the low HP prey and also ther are Atrox and Hiraku (birds) to contend with making it more challenging !!!
Hope a lot more areas get decent vegetation

Bah, more vegetation.
Vegetation increases hunting costs, as you don't see the mobs coming that attack you, so you take more hits decaying your armour.

Also, I spend 5 minutes yesterday trying to find where that darn mob died, because I wanted to loot it. But with all the plants, it was impossible (well, almost) to see the darn corpse.

Well im sure with a properly kitted out PC its nice and all, but all the heavy green veg is too much for my system and im not playing in safe mode. So, wont see much of me in that new green.

Well im sure with a properly kitted out PC its nice and all, but all the heavy green veg is too much for my system and im not playing in safe mode. So, wont see much of me in that new green.

It's probably time for an overhaul

I have an old and cheap Core2duo E4500, some no-name DDR2, an HD4890 bought for 140€ and a 40€ mobo
My settings are: very high, full-screen 1440x900, AA off

In the new Fort Troy area, while moving, my framerate is steady at 46 FPS
Needless to say, it looks gorgeous

It's probably time for an overhaul

I have an old and cheap Core2duo E4500, some no-name DDR2, an HD4890 bought for 140€ and a 40€ mobo
My settings are: very high, full-screen 1440x900, AA off

In the new Fort Troy area, while moving, my framerate is steady at 46 FPS
Needless to say, it looks gorgeous

Exactly. And think about pvp opportunities. :rolleyes:

* deleted *

Last edited:
Bah, more vegetation.
Vegetation increases hunting costs, as you don't see the mobs coming that attack you, so you take more hits decaying your armour.

Also, I spend 5 minutes yesterday trying to find where that darn mob died, because I wanted to loot it. But with all the plants, it was impossible (well, almost) to see the darn corpse.

just put the graphic options to low, and BAM you wont have that problem anymore? :scratch2:

I love the new area, it is fun to just run around in and I have much better frames/second than other areas when there :)

just put the graphic options to low, and BAM you wont have that problem anymore? :scratch2:

Didn't get a new videocard so I could turn graphics to "low"....

oops, double post

I really like it, a smaller PVP zone would be very nice, bringing a feeling of Predator to the area. In a new VU update, we could have the robots do something, causing a contaminated zone to appear. That would be great for PVP, especially without radar.

Back