Fort Wars - Air Combat Strategy

Sam_Panda

Provider
Society
Calypso Rescue Team
Samuel Sam Panda
I'm a flier, and I'm too much of a PVP newbie to be of much use on the ground. Just so much cannon fodder, really ;)

My question is this: During the fort battles how can fliers such as myself make the best contribution to the team?

Is it shuttling teammates between the forts, taking out turrets, knocking down opposing transports?

What do you folks think?

Sam Panda :)

yes all of it
and it relay helps you team

A teleport jammer is located on top of one of he central buildings in the fort, making it the perfect target for airships.
Once the jammer is destroyed your team will be able to teleport directly into the fort without having to destroy the gates to get in. IMHO an armed airship would be a vital asset to an attacking team. On the other hand there is a ceiling cap of about 500-600mtrs above the event area making an aiship an easy target for the fort turrents since vehicles can be seen from further away now. On the plus side the airship main gun does have longer range than the fort turrents and since the turrents have to arc to hit at long range, you have a better chance of surviving if you keep your distance.

I haven't seen anyone using mounted vehicle weapons in the forts but I'm sure it could be a useful tool. I guess the key is trying to stay out of range of the defenders weapons while taking out available targets, especially the jammer as Parlog suggested. If someone can get at you with a turret you probably won't last long though :)

On the plus side the airship main gun does have longer range than the fort turrets...

Actually the weapons available to copters and VTOLs don't have anywhere near the range or hitting power of the turrets. The turrets are equivalent to the tanks :)

The back turrets are often not manned and are worth 3 points each. Is it worth taking these out?

I haven't seen anyone using mounted vehicle weapons in the forts but I'm sure it could be a useful tool. I guess the key is trying to stay out of range of the defenders weapons while taking out available targets, especially the jammer as Parlog suggested. If someone can get at you with a turret you probably won't last long though :)

I've flown around and killed turrets/gates and even fly into the dock revive all w/ AS-35. If somebody is on a turret and knows what their doing, I wouldn't stand a chance though.

Its very enjoyable blasting planes out of the sky with the wall turrets...and if they happen to land, I take em out anyway =)

If you can`t do much dmg yourself, but want to help - transporting others can help a lot. There are usually too few flying vehicles and too few attackers that can get into the fort.

Man I wish the price of VTOLS and their weapons drops so that more can play with them. I want to test out my Air to Air combat skills but damn im not going to pay 1500 ped for a Limited VTOL and Limted weapon with such a low TT so I will rather just give it a skip and not use it at all. O well guess the saying "penny wise and pound fullish" applies to MA

Man I wish the price of VTOLS and their weapons drops so that more can play with them. I want to test out my Air to Air combat skills but damn im not going to pay 1500 ped for a Limited VTOL and Limted weapon with such a low TT so I will rather just give it a skip and not use it at all. O well guess the saying "penny wise and pound fullish" applies to MA

Yes all things considered, however with the 90% decay discount, its not as bad as flying to the oil rig to see some pvp action. The prices are dropping on VTOLs and Fire of Hels as of recently. I got totally/absolutely screwed over by the Fire of Hel BPs released, as 50 of them were put up into auction effectively destroying my investment in that gun. I hope they release the AS-35 BP, so I can get one of those cheap...

Fire of hell is useless without a co pilot and was not the weapon I was speaking off. I was speaking of the rockets that the pilot can fire and last time I checked they wore arround 1k ped each. Still even with only 10% decay I will much rather just not use it atall till the price comes down to an acceptable price considering the TT of those rockets and VTOL

Those mounted guns aren't that expensive to use when you look at the cost/per damage. Bonus is you don't decay the weapons by using them, only by taking damage from other avatars in pvp zones.

I picked up an AS-35 VTOL mounted gun off auction for 174 PED.

I guess the key is trying to stay out of range of the defenders weapons while taking out available targets, especially the jammer as Parlog suggested.

it wasn't me, but it seems like i get a certain reputation as the jammer slammer :silly2:

Back