Free event "Newcomers Into the wild" - 500 PED

Opti

Old
Osmar Opticron Bourne
Hi all,

A second crazy event idea came to mind, it won't cost you anything except your time ;)

NEWCOMERS INTO THE WILD

WINNERS:
Distance travelled: Maria Nadeshda Mol (9653,96 steps from Oshiri hearts)
Blog kept: Zita (most reads & most votes)

It's based on the movie "into the wild" Where in short a guy believes there must be more to his life than his profession/chosen careeer and leaves everything behind to travel into the world and later into the wild following his dream, he kept a journal of his adventures.
That's basically what you have to do, i'm sure you must be bored by sweating at some point and don't envision yourself doing this the rest of your EU career, so drop everything and start traveling. Enjoy the scenery, gather friends, funny conversations or situations and generally have fun instead of focussing on money.

The main point of this contest is to eventually find a place as far away from any TP you can find, but posting a blog entry here on EF about that journey can earn you PED + EFD + respect too! The contest will run untill may 17th so there's no rush.

Here's what you have to do:
  1. Post a screenshot in this thread where you are sweating a mob + Time showing.
  2. Start traveling Calpyso, talk to people, have fun, hug a tree (or atrox), climb roofs, etc.
  3. Find a place you think is furthest away from any TP (use www.entropiawiki.com for all TP locations).
  4. Post a screenshot in this thread of you standing there with the coordinates + time showing.
(Optional)
  1. Make a blog entry about the people you met on this trip or things you have done, here on EF (Go to Blogs near the top banner and select "post to your blog" in the menu to the left).
  2. Post in this thread about your blog entry.
Here's what you can win:

400 PED for the person finding the furthest most desolate place.
100 PED + All my accumulated/donated EFD's for the person with the best journey blog entry.

Some rules:
  • Your Agillity attribute may not be more than 30. (Winner can be asked to post a screenshot as proof)
  • Only Eudoria and Amethera are alowed.
  • Furthest place must be on land.
  • Distances will be measured by a straight line from nearest TP to your location calculated using coordinates.
  • Screenshots without Time/coordinates showing or not readable will be refused.
  • Best blog entry will be based the amount of stars for the entry (voted by other users) + amount of reads.
  • Contest will run untill May 17th
  • 1st and 2nd prize will not go to the same person.

Instructions on how to make/post screenshots:

Press U to show MA Time in chat, Press p to show your Coordinates in chat window

• Use fraps (www.fraps.com) OR press PrintScrn while playing (alt+printScrn if playing in windowed mode).
  • Open Paint and paste the image (Ctrl+V)
  • Save your screenshot.

1. Scroll up to the toolbar (thing below the Entropia Forum banner), it says Home, User CP, etc.
  2. Click Gallery
  3. Below the ad, there's things like Home, My Stuff, etc. >> Click Upload.
  4. If you have a saved image, then browse your comp and upload.
  5. Name it (Image title), put it into a category (Ex. Event Screenshots)
  6. It should be uploaded.
  7. Reply to a thread/ write a post
  8. On the RIGHT SIDE >>> (below smilies)
  9. Click: My Photos [Insert]
  10. Go to: From, click Gallery
  11. Click the one you want to upload, it'l upload as a thumbnail (right term?).

Let me know what you think, and point all newcomers/sweaters you might know to this thread :D

Longest distances traveled sofar:
  1. Maria Nadeshda Mol: 9653,96 steps from Oshiri hearts
  2. Luc Marius: 9653,74 steps from Oshiri Hearts
  3. Santirami: 9652,81 steps from Oshiri hearts
  4. Harley: 9652,45 steps from Oshiri Hearts
  5. siles camo Flage: 9651,73 steps from Oshiri hearts
  6. Zita: 9525,96 steps from Oshiri hearts
  7. Lily LL Lilyah, 7636,96 steps from New Switzerland
  8. Freelancer, 5298,74 steps from Fort Troy

Blog entries sofar:

Last edited:
Sounds fun, but you might want to add a skill cap, or it won't be a noob who wins :)

Thanks, You're right. What kind of skill cap would you suggest?

You could require them to submit a screenie of their skills page sorted by greateat to smallest (Can never remember whether it's ascending or descending) skill values..

From there you can set a boundry of total skills on that page

Eg a real noob would have no more than 100 skills on that page

Your average noob would have less than 1000.. I guess :)

Probably an Agility cap is the best here. I'm not sure how much though, it's been a long time for me and the starting stats are different now. Maybe 20? I'm not really sure how easy that it is to get nowadays.

EDIT: Alien's suggestion works too :)

Last edited:
Someone else suggested an agillity cap aswell, so i added it to the rules, thanks for the suggestions :)

Hi agían Opti!

This event might be something for me, it is the only thing I do, running around, talking and enjoy different places :) but first I have to check my skills.

:yay: Lady Carmezita of The Sunshine

Hello, I'll try it ;)

Siles Camo Flage

Well, yesterday I was on farthest place I believe :yay:
Nearest teleport is Oshiri Hearts I think...

Siles Camo Flage

Hi Opti!

I have started this competition whith my blog :)

the pictures will come as soon I have learned how to do.

It would be fun to read the others blogs about this event :)

Lady Carmenzita

I guess I'l give it a try.

Sweating

Far North

Hi all!

This was as far west of Eudoria I could get, and so far from a Tp I could get :D

Zita

´New try to get the picture added :rolleyes:

What do I do wrong!!!!!!:mad:

Last try, otherwise I post it directely to U Opti and U can upload it here.

Lady Carmenzita
as_west_as_i_could_get_thumb.jpg

View image in gallery

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

I DID IT

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Zita

not that i want to compete, but might make the eventa bit more spicy if i ask it
(maybe an addition)

does height count? :)

so newbies climbing moutains at the end of the world? :D

either way, good luck with this :)

I've added the first results coming in to the starting post.

Keep 'em coming, Keep exploring ;)

not that i want to compete, but might make the eventa bit more spicy if i ask it
(maybe an addition)

does height count? :)

so newbies climbing moutains at the end of the world? :D

either way, good luck with this :)

Yup, height counts too, i consider tp's at height 0 so if you find that mountain of doom you should climb it ;)

Can we keep trying or is it limited to one attempt by contestant?

Nice to see this.

But why FPC doesn’t start doing this?

There is post about how will EU end, many ppl birched about it, to me this is more dangerous;

Imagine new comer joining game where ppl need to make events/quests… not made by game developers or inexistent in the game as quests (this is much more dangerous).

+rep to you

GL to OJ’s.

As always – rep to FPC for empty content.

Here comes a photo of me sweating at Neas:yay:

Lady Carmenzita

This place is SW from Fort Troy and SW from Port Atlantis :)

I hope it will count even if I had to swim to get it.

Yours Zita

Nice event , a good way see new things ... and see how strong mobs are :))
I think closest tp`s are Nymptown and Twin Peeks

I think I will do more runs ...cya guys

First post updated with latest scores :)

Hi All!

Three new places! Opti, I dont know whos of these will be the furtest from a TP..? so I leave it to U to decide :)

Back