Free Society Stuff

muttley

Guardian
Society
NBK (NBK Council)
Shaun muttley Kirkby
Hi all,
Ok ive been looking through the threads and things here and lot of societies have websites that are hosted on ad filled domains and the like. There are also a lot of societies without web pages as well.

So this got me thinking about creating an overall site where every society can host there website for free, no adverts, no popups, just plain and simple webspace. Each society can have theyre own .com or equivilant and use our space for hosting or I could supply a domain for them eg yoursoc.societydomain.com or www.societydomain.com/yoursoc or something like that.

Various features would be provided such as an email address (with forwarding), web space and maybe mysql databases as well if they wanted say a forum. I might also be able to provide a simple web page design toolfor those that dont know how to build a website.

At present just looking for opinions, suggestions and interest. If there is enough interest and it seems viable I will get it done...

Although our soc has got a site i think this is a welcome idea. I've seen several request for a special private section for societies on EF.

My soc is currently working on a similar idea we are just trying to test it out with a few subscribed socs we know well before we went live.

If any socs are interested in a private forum visit http://www.euforces.com

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Squee said:
Although our soc has got a site i think this is a welcome idea. I've seen several request for a special private section for societies on EF.

The Natural Born Killers and its subsidiary NBK societies have a private subforum here on the EF.

711 said:
HardWrath,

I am still exploring ideas for future plans for EF, and one of my first ideas was to expand the soc forums, and open it up to more societies. From what mindbuster has told me, your arrangement was a sort of "betatest" of this system, with an eye toward offering to many more societies.

As for the ability to moderate your society forum, I will look into this as well. I think it should be possible.

Thanks for your dedicated membership to EF!

This is something that I want 711 and Mindbuster to open up to everyone because it will help get more EU members participating in the EF. From what I see in his above reply by PM to me he wants the same. I encourage all of you to give any ideas that you can regarding this.

Please direct all support and ideas regarding this topic to this thread that 711 opened to help get ideas for the EF.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36601

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

Well if EF is doing this then thats ok.

If people want one now then it is available for free. :)

Back