FTP-server down?

BigAdam

Hatchling
Hello. i'm currently trying to download the Entropia Software but the FTP seems to be down. is it ? or am i doing something wrong?

//BigAdam

what message are you receiving that leads you to believe that FTP isn't functioning? :)

Not sure if it is related, but the eu video was an ftp section of the page, and I couldnt get it to work at all.....until I opened it with internet explorer.

So just a possible solution if you use another browser like firefox...try IE

This issue has come up before where someone couldn't download the installer for Entropia. The most likely reason is that either your browser settings do not allow ftp traffic or you have a firewall that is restricting ftp traffic.

If forgo's suggestion of switching browsers doesn't work I would suggest looking at your security settings (or getting someone else to look at your security settings if you are not sure what you are doing). ;)

ftp://ftp.entropiauniverse.com/clients/entropia_installer.exe <- that link is not working for me. I've tried in IExplorer and FireFox. Not even a FTP-program. Same problem. I've forwarded all "Entropia-ports" and FTP-ports on my router. So, what security-settings do you suggest ?

I've got a friend download the installer for me. but when i run the ClientLoader i get a WSA-error ? :S

"File: "dpvs.dlltmp"
Reason: Connection attempt failed. WSA error: WSAECONNREFUSED"

Anyone knows?

Last edited:
Are you trying to download the installer direct from the FTP site manually or are you having difficulties using the official download link on the EU website?

I have no idea if the official link would cause similar problems as you are experiencing but your post suggests to me you are using the FTP server directly. I've never had much success with game files directly from the FTP server but the official download link has worked everytime.

Thanks for the fast replys.
I've tried the Official Link on the website. it's not working.
So i had a friend download it and mail it over. so i got the installer. the ClientLoader. but then when i start it, it says, connecting to FTP, and then the error appears :(

Anyone knows how to solve it ? :)

Thankful

Having read a few other posts it seems that something is playing up somewhere along the line, not necessarily at MA but somewhere along the route.

Try a quick route trace on the connection or wait for a few hours and see if it sorts itself out.

:)

Back