Fuel consumption gone up?!?!

fiona2011

Provider
Society
Circle of Lootius
Fiona Kitten Shamrock
Okay am I the only one who noticed that for my Saehrimmir mk1 it instead uses .19 fuel per 10,000km it now uses .95 fuel per 1km....why did MA jack the consumption up that much?!? it's not even worth having a vehicle anymore....:mad:

This is what I've been hearing. Wow, I'm actually pissed about this. Haven't even logged in today and now I'm wondering if I should because I'm so annoyed. :mad: My Saehrimnir is now a gas guzzler. WTF.

I know it doesn't seem to be worth having a vehicle anymore....jsut not worth it I can tp further for less with my chip or walk it for free.....after these vehicles cost so much

I am very surprised that there is no real rant thread about it.

When i first saw the change i came to the forum looking for something comparable to that old clothes/armor equip decay uproar...

Nothing.

well after I saw that I put my vehicle in the storage...cause like I said it's not worth driving it anymore....I too was surprised that there was no rant...so i decided to rant about it:mad:

You're serious about 95 pec per km? A lvl1 TP chip uses like 20 pec per km including markup no?

* deleted *

Last edited:
For the Valkyrie the stats are the same, just shown differently.

Previously it was 0.17 PED (of Oil) per 10km.

Now it is 0.85 Oil per km, which is 8.50 Oil per 10km.

1 Oil = 0.02 PED

8.50 Oil = 0.17 PED

So it is still the same consumption.

Don't know about the Saehrimnir however I expect it'd be a similar situation - same consumption, different way of representing it.

- Deathifier

For the Valkyrie the stats are the same, just shown differently.

Previously it was 0.17 PED (of Oil) per 10km.

Now it is 0.85 Oil per km, which is 8.50 Oil per 10km.

1 Oil = 0.02 PED

8.50 Oil = 0.17 PED

So it is still the same consumption.

Don't know about the Saehrimnir however I expect it'd be a similar situation - same consumption, different way of representing it.

- Deathifier
thanks for clearing it up....as long as it is correct I can still bear to drive :yay:

* deleted *

Last edited:
i hope u are right, i want to belive its the same now as before. however while driving around today it *seem* alot more oil have been used for less driving (if checking how much oil left in the fueltank)
but i never really checked before.. i didnt even think about it until i saw it seemingly burning up faster.. was only then i saw the info been "updated". i drive a valkyria btw

on other hand.. i got 2 pec decay from nowhere on my car a few days ago.. and support only said it was perhaps some delayed updating..
was not from a hit, that much im sure of, but support couldnt tell from what lol.. maybe same thing here... just a glitch in information presentation on screen hopefully

I just did a test drive from TI Riverside to TI North, up the coast.
Cost me 11 PEC worth of oil.
Last time I did it (the day after the vehicles came out) it cost me 10 PEC.

Since the tank was partly depleted from all the driving I've been doing and with a small allowance for taking slightly different paths I am quite confident saying the fuel consumption is the same.

As for decay it will decay if you bleach it when colouring in addition to being hit by people (PvP only) and creatures.

- Deathifier

What, no decay from driving? Thats very unmindarkish.

Would be the same if tp chip has no decay only ME consumption.

Would expected to have a 'getting in and out of car' 2 pec decay atleast.

wtg ma

What, no decay from driving? Thats very unmindarkish.

Would be the same if tp chip has no decay only ME consumption.

Would expected to have a 'getting in and out of car' 2 pec decay atleast.

wtg ma

This because a vehicle works like an armor, it gives protection like an (L) armor.
It decays only when hit, mine got hit 1x so far, cost me 4 pec, not bad if I stay away from creatures. :D
TP chip decays on uses, it's a different kind of item then a car. ;)

About the fuel, I didn't notice and big increase, got my car 2 days now.
Done runs from PA and to swamp camp and back, having loads of fun. :D

I found the tt value a bit low, maybe double the current tt value ?

Last edited:
the fuel consumption is the same

the info shows units of oil used not cost

it was noticed that cost of fuel was 0.17 ped per 10KM

now it shows that you use 0.85 units of oil for 1KM that costs 2pec each.
so use is 8.5units of oil for 10KM at 2pec each is still 0.17 ped per 10KM

hope this helps :)

Last edited:
Hmmm this is new to me, so might be old news.
Took another hit today, no big deal, but noticed only Structural Integrity
took decay, no tt value lost. Has it been like this from the start ? :scratch2:

Hmmm this is new to me, so might be old news.
Took another hit today, no big deal, but noticed only Structural Integrity
took decay, no tt value lost. Has it been like this from the start ? :scratch2:

If the amount of protection your vehicle has for the given damage type is small enough, the TT won't appear to move. I cna confirm cars still decay ;p stupid tezlapods

If the amount of protection your vehicle has for the given damage type is small enough, the TT won't appear to move. I cna confirm cars still decay ;p stupid tezlapods

Thank you Sir for cleaing that up. ;)

* deleted *

Last edited:
* deleted *

Last edited:
Back