Full-set bonus armors

Ludvig|MindArk

MindArk Official
Staff member
Admin
MindArk Official
Formerly "Foeburner Nighthawk Delta"
Some other games have this:
When you get a full set of an armor, you get some bonuses.

This could work in EU too, here is an example:
4-piece armor (call it ES10), you would need:
ES10 Helmet
ES10 Body Piece
ES10 Gloves
ES10 Footguards

Now, alone these parts would offer some low protection, but when you have all four of them:
The Helmet, Gloves and Footguards work together to create an energy shield, with the Body Piece acting as a power supply.

This would make the helmet, gloves and footguards not decay so much, but the body piece would decay (the energy shield would require energy to restabilize, and it would work like usual decay).

Dunno if that was the best example, but still :D heh

What do ya think?

By get do you mean buy from auction?

Hope so, otherwise the prospect of say looting Angel Armour set to get a bonus piece is well just laughable!

By get do you mean buy from auction?

Hope so, otherwise the prospect of say looting Angel Armour set to get a bonus piece is well just laughable!

well you would get the bonus from having all the pieces of the armor equipped, no matter HOW you got them :rolleyes:

I would say why not :D

I have seen this in other games also and love the idea. Wish they would implement it here too. Some kind of bonus for having most of a armor set would be great.

I think something like that would be a great idea. It would at least partially make up for the outrageously bad implementation of the seventh armor piece (boots, feet, what ever you want to call them) that cost so many of us so much ped and damaged severely any faith we might have had in MindArk.

I think full set bonuses are unlikely to be implemented anytime soon, it is overly done in other games and MA obviously wants EU to be unique.

I for one like the fact I can mix and match armor sets for under 120% and go hunt itumatrox guardian, and here lately even respawn kill segs. i prefer my L cheap armors that we have :)

I do think it's a good idea with a little bonus of some sort, if you're wearing ar full set of armor. No mied or missing parts. This would mean that it could actually pay to spend money on those damn ghost feet or whatever.

I think full set bonuses are unlikely to be implemented anytime soon, it is overly done in other games and MA obviously wants EU to be unique.

Most games borrow from each other. If it's good why not steal it?
EU is really only somewhat unique in that it has a Real Cash Economy.

I for one like the fact I can mix and match armor sets for under 120% and go hunt itumatrox guardian, and here lately even respawn kill segs. i prefer my L cheap armors that we have :)

None of that would change, why would it? People would get a bonus (how ever small) for putting in the time, effort or cash (MA loves that) to collect a full set.

This would also spur people on, give them a worthy goal to collect full sets. We all know how that works in EU, pay through the nose and once the money comes in to MA it rarely goes out.

MA should love this idea, it's win win for them and also works for the players.
Push this Nighthawk, it's the best simple idea (simple is good) I've seen for this game in ages.

Even a small bonus on protection when you have a full set would be nice and rewarding. Would be kool also to have a option to stick all parts together when you have full set, so it appear as one item like a gun with all the attchments. T be fair, just need to multiplie by 7 the time to wear 1 piece. Less boring to switch armor instead of doing it parts by parts.

In “pay to play” MMORPG you buy the game, features included. In EU you “buy” the features, or in a sense “buy” an access to the features. So don’t expect anything that could give any type of advantage, even smaller, for free. Unless its something like; with a full supra set you have the right to see an ara stalker tell you before she dies: “Bad luck buddy, try again”

true , but still you have U armor who gives full protection if fully loaded ( repaired) and L have the feat of giving full protection even if broken , so why not any feat giving something for a full set when wearing it , less decay, more protection :)

Back