Gardening Has Arrived!

the question is, are the fruits grown usable as pet food, this is the assumption but MA said new materials to be used in crafting or something. so whats grown might be for something different anyway, leaving the fruit price intact.

guess we'll see when the first plant is grown, could be 1 seed = 2 fruit, 1 seed = 1 Adj Fruit or 1 seed = 10 fruit.

I think it's fair to assume that a Papp fruit that can be refined into a papp seed, grows into a papp fruit, and it must give more fruits otherwise you'd just have enough fruits to make the same amount of seeds again.

You can refine wild fruits into seeds, the same seeds make the same fruit which pets eat. Although I'm sure my dragon would prefer to eat rabbits.

Sure MA mentioned further gardening updates, that will be grow boxes for apartments isn't that right MA.....lol.

It will be interesting to see how many fruits one cycle makes though.

Whatever...I don't have a land plot and will train my pets if it's affordable. If it isn't I won't train them...end of really.

Rick

I think it's fair to assume that a Papp fruit that can be refined into a papp seed, grows into a papp fruit, and it must give more fruits otherwise you'd just have enough fruits to make the same amount of seeds again.

I know one mobile game that gives you double yield on a grown crop, I'd imagine it'll be similar system in Entropia.

So you can sell one half of the harvested crop (or feed your own pets with it) and replant the other.... but we'll see soon enough if thats how its been implemented.

more like being an annoying troll

without anybody actually building the box, we don't even know whether it's pet food fruits that are the only thing growable!

Yes you are totally right, well ok, I'm NOT A DAMN TROLL -- As we all are here on PCF anyway, it would be nice if MA would give us more information about the game. But that was my point. They can't without killing the markets. This is a guessing game to see what MA may do in the future and invest in what you think MA will or will not do. If they showed videos of all that is coming, it would only kill the markets now and again with many times over people jacking up the MU prices on items. This is the main reason EU is a big guessing game really.

So as I put, and I will say it again, as a troll, welcome to EU :)

The seeds will be for sale in the EU items store.

Unless you think there will just be 4 crops?

Think of it as ammo for gardeners.

The main thing with gardening is how long it takes for them to make the grown items actually useful for something.

The seeds will be for sale in the EU items store.

Unless you think there will just be 4 crops?

Think of it as ammo for gardeners.

The main thing with gardening is how long it takes for them to make the grown items actually useful for something.

The good news is that you get the seeds from refining the fruit. 1 Fruit = 1 Seed.

I know one mobile game that gives you double yield on a grown crop, I'd imagine it'll be similar system in Entropia.

So you can sell one half of the harvested crop (or feed your own pets with it) and replant the other.... but we'll see soon enough if thats how its been implemented.

If fruits were to be brought in line with Sweat for cost... then it would follow that it will be 10 fruits for 1 seed. We will see! :)

You didn't take Success Chance into equation... it might as well be 10 seeds for one fruit, plus all fertilizers and energy bill ;)

You didn't take Success Chance into equation... it might as well be 10 seeds for one fruit, plus all fertilizers and energy bill ;)

Maybe we should put in equation also all investment like CLD's + Planks for LA then all hunting, mining, harvesting for resources and crafting to build a house, then all resources for creating gardening boxes as we cant have fruit production without boxes and without house witch take big part of terrain and is not useable then..
And who knows what hidden expenses will be on latter stage...
So that fruit cant have same price as natural fruits...
Hard to think on business model where resources (fruits) will have super inflated MU then.
Who will buy them ?

I am starting to think I was wrong, and you will actually be growing fruits. But I still worry that not enough fruit will be produced this way to bring down pet costs. There aren't that many people who have built these structures.

It may be that this is meant more as a feature for plot owners, and that MA does not want to crash fruit prices. And it may also be that higher level structures will be able to produce different resources, implemented in future VUs, so the focus is not really on fruit.

Some people will like it and i guess gives a perk to those that invested in deeds, landplots etc; not really of interest to myself though tbh. When i saw the grow boxes reminded me of a rl autopot setup which made me chuckle.

I've done my gardening time ;).

Last edited:
no Basic Fertilizer no frut

"There is currently an issue blocking the refiner recipes for Nutrio Bars and Basic Fertilizer. This issue will be corrected in the patch scheduled for early next week."

before that is corrected no frut can be made. 50 Basic Fertilizer is ned for 1 lv of frut production on each pot.

so frut is halted a week.

"There is currently an issue blocking the refiner recipes for Nutrio Bars and Basic Fertilizer. This issue will be corrected in the patch scheduled for early next week."

before that is corrected no frut can be made. 50 Basic Fertilizer is ned for 1 lv of frut production on each pot.

so frut is halted a week.

LOL. No. Just buy existing. I got soooo much.

anyone make a full list of the items needed yet?

anyone make a full list of the items needed yet?

I just finished all 4 phases of building the plant Boxes. You are given options to grow all 4 fruits, however these aren't like the fruit you pick up from walking. They are genetically modified Versions of the fruit you pick up.

You can plant 4 plants per box - you can choose from the following 4 plants

Transgen Caroot Plant
Phase 1
- 1 Caroot Seed (refine caroot fruit)
- 50 Basic Fertilizer (not sure what is needed to refine this (Dung + ?)
(Dung+Growth Molecules = Energized fertilizer)
- 3 DNA Fragment A (do these commonly drop?)
Phase 2
- Mats and Waiting Time TBD
Phase 3
Phase 4
- TBD - probably no resources required

Transgen Papplon Plant
Phase 1
- 1 Papplon Seed
- 50 Basic Fertilizer
- 3 DNA Fragment A
Phase 2
Phase 3
Phase 4

Transgen Bombardo Plant
Phase 1
- 1 Bombardo Seed
- 50 Basic Fertilizer
- 3 DNA Fragment A
Phase 2
Phase 3
Phase 4

Transgen Haimoros Plant
Phase 1
- 1 Haimoros Seed
- 50 Basic Fertilizer
- 3 DNA Fragment A
Phase 2
Phase 3
Phase 4

Also just to add... This is what you need for each phase of the box (like the Snug house building you need to wait 1 hour between each phase for construction to complete - except the last stage)

Phase 1
- 24 Basic Nuts
- 4 T-Angles
- 14 Copper Ingot

Phase 2
- 2 Composite Planks
- 12 Small Plugs
- 12 Alicenies Gel

Phase 3
- 2 Angle
- 2 Bend
- 2 Advanced Cooling System Unit
- 16 Large Plugs

Phase 4
- No materials needed and immediate completion

Hope this helps....

Last edited:
I just finished all 4 phases of building the plant Boxes. You are given options to grow all 4 fruits, however these aren't like the fruit you pick up from walking. They are genetically modified Versions of the fruit you pick up.

You can plant 4 plants per box - you can choose from the following 4 plants

Transgen Caroot Plant
Phase 1
- 1 Caroot Seed (refine caroot fruit)
- 50 Basic Fertilizer (not sure what is needed to refine this (Dung + ?)
- 3 DNA Fragment A (do these commonly drop?)
Phase 2
Phase 3
Phase 4

Transgen Papplon Plant
Phase 1
- 1 Papplon Seed
- 50 Basic Fertilizer
- 3 DNA Fragment A
Phase 2
Phase 3
Phase 4

Transgen Bombardo Plant
Phase 1
- 1 Bombardo Seed
- 50 Basic Fertilizer
- 3 DNA Fragment A
Phase 2
Phase 3
Phase 4

Transgen Haimoros Plant
Phase 1
- 1 Haimoros Seed
- 50 Basic Fertilizer
- 3 DNA Fragment A
Phase 2
Phase 3
Phase 4

Also just to add... This is what you need for each phase of the box (like the Snug house building you need to wait 1 hour between each phase for construction to complete - except the last stage)

Phase 1
- 24 Basic Nuts
- 4 T-Angles
- 14 Copper Ingot

Phase 2
- 2 Composite Planks
- 12 Small Plugs
- 12 Alicenies Gel

Phase 3
- 2 Angle
- 2 Bend
- 2 Advanced Cooling System Unit
- 16 Large Plugs

Phase 4
- No materials needed and immediate completion

Hope this helps....

I love you great job.

I suspect you need to build the Snug first. I didn't have enough gardening points to even start Phase 1 of the gardening pot. So I have started the Snug building...2 hours to go until Phase 1 of the snug is done.

Any other ways to get Gardening Points?
Seems I am a Level 20 Gardener :yay:

I suspect you need to build the Snug first. I didn't have enough gardening points to even start Phase 1 of the gardening pot. So I have started the Snug building...2 hours to go until Phase 1 of the snug is done.

Any other ways to get Gardening Points?
Seems I am a Level 20 Gardener :yay:
You need a house you also need to not exceed your item points so I lost my bonus shopkeeper:(

Basic Fertilizer (not sure what is needed to refine this (Dung + ?)

Basic Fertilizer = [Melchi Water] + [Fruit(any)]

seems boring as hell but at least it is pretty expensive

I can get a whole package of tomato seeds for a couple bucks max, throw them in my back yard, not do anything and have more tomatoes then I know what to do with :rolleyes:

I can get a whole package of tomato seeds for a couple bucks max, throw them in my back yard, not do anything and have more tomatoes then I know what to do with :rolleyes:

It's billshit this recipe needs melchi and not dung

trying to figure out what contributes to Gardening Prof.

What skill gains did you get Chris Cole?

So you need fruit to fertilize your fruit?

BTW it is time for labour union. I am not going to work as a gardener for less than a ped/h

BTW it is time for labour union. I am not going to work as a gardener for less than a ped/h

Just go down to twin peaks and pick up some illegal aliens standing under the shade trees, they will do it for a couple bottles of enmatter.

trying to figure out what contributes to Gardening Prof.

What skill gains did you get Chris Cole?

When building the boxes? I didnt get any skill gains at all for building the boxes. Havent started Gardening yet since the Basic fertilizer refining was said to not work until the next update. Unless I missed an update and they fixed it early :)

When building the boxes? I didnt get any skill gains at all for building the boxes. Havent started Gardening yet since the Basic fertilizer refining was said to not work until the next update. Unless I missed an update and they fixed it early :)

nope, waiting for them too :)

Basic Fertilizer = [Melchi Water] + [Fruit(any)]

Where did you get this information from?

I know the refining of basic fertilizer is bugged until the next update, but currently i cant even put both of those items together in the refiner

Back