Gold Card

TheOneOmega

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Marie TheOne Omega
I have recently come across a valuable item, and am interested in ordering a Gold Card. Must you do anything after you purchase it at the TT? And do you have to get other thing at the TT, or is it just a replacement? Also, are there any unforeseen problems that arise if you have a Gold Card (machine malfunctions and you can't get into EU, etc)?

Most importly.. make sure u home adress is corekt.
Other issues (for me) is that firewall on u computer may ask u if u want to accept EU twice instead for once (At uppdate's).

I have no probles other than that. But... If the reader brake down or u card mysteriosly stop to work... u have to wait for replacment.
Nowdays i got a spare reader so when/if my reader brake down (has happens once in 2 yers) i have a "new" asap.

Everyone shall have a Goldcard.... It's your money/ped....

Short version, all you have to do is purchase it at the TT. It will automatically be shipped to the address you have in your EU account. So obviously, make sure it's 100% correct. If your card/card reader malfunctions, then yes, I believe you'll be unable to log into EU. I guess the most common problems would be entering the wrong code too many times, but I believe you can just go somewhere on the EU site and "re-sync" your card with the system, or a low battery on the reader (make sure you take your card out when you're done getting your code... if you leave it in there, I think it will continue to drain the battery since the code you generate is still displayed until you take out the card).

I wouldn't worry too much about potential problems... Granted something might come up, but you're much better off getting the card and dealing with whatever minor issues might come up than being without the card.

Thanks! I'm not really sure how the process works, so it is nice to know that a spare can immediately log you in. Does that mean that people can share one as well?

Free Gold Card Offer

Have a look at this link for a free card..

Free card Link here

How do I get a Gold Card kit?

Free Gold Card Offer
Participants that have deposited over 5000 PED are automatically entitled to a free Gold Card kit. If you have not yet reached the 5000 PED deposit limit you will still be entitled to this offer when you do.

If you qualify for this offer, log into 'My Section > My Account' where you will be automatically prompted to accept your free Gold Card kit. Once accepted, the Gold Card kit will be shipped to the address you provided for your account.

Please note that it is extremely important to confirm that your address is correct and complete before you accept the Gold Card offer. If any of your account details seem incorrect, we will cancel your order and inform you via email. You will have then forfeited the offer.
Gold Card Offer Details >>

InWorld Trade Terminal
The Gold Card kit is available to any Entropia Universe participant. It can be easily purchased for 200 PED from any TRADE TERMINAL within Entropia Universe.

Other Info

While the Gold Card security system protects your Entropia Universe Account in the event of a virus infection or password sniffing software existing in your computer, it does not provide a general protection of your system.

For more information about the Gold Card security system and general security tips, please read the Gold Card & Security FAQ.

once purchased, be sure to keep it in your avatar's inventory, and not in your storage. i believe it, like other RL items, it will not ship if it's in your storage

aside from that, like said above, you can get a 2nd card reader if you'd like, in case your original loses power or breaks ... also as said above, if you've deposited 5k ped or more, you're entitled to a free one :|

Last edited:
So, if I sold an item for 5K PED, withdrew the money, and deposited it again, would I qualify?

The best buy you will ever make... do it. Of course... no comment on the fact that since there are so many high-end items ingame this sort of protection should be automatic for everyone :rolleyes:

Is this correct formatting on the EU site for the address (I am at a college)?

Address of residence
(College Name) College (My box number)

Postal Code
(Postal Code Number) College Avenue

City of residence
(City), (State Abbreviation) (Zip Code)

Region of residence
(I left this blank)

I live in the United States by the way. Does that look accurate, or should something go in the region category?

Buy the entire Gold Card Security System, which consists of both a card and a card reader. I suggest you also purchase an additional reader, that way if the first one malfunctions you can still play with the other one.

Is this correct formatting on the EU site for the address (I am at a college)?

Address of residence
(College Name) College (My box number)

Postal Code
(Postal Code Number) College Avenue

City of residence
(City), (State Abbreviation) (Zip Code)

Region of residence
(I left this blank)

looks right to me, just make sure your address is the same as it would be if, say, your folks or a home-town friend decided to write to you. Leaving the "Region" blank also seems correct to me

Back